• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

francishillsman

Second Lieutenant
66 Badges
Jul 25, 2012
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Sengoku
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
I'm playing a game as Italy and the party names are all messed up. Some are Italian (e.g. "Partito Popolare"), others English ("Liberals"), and others some strange hodge-podge of other languages ("Partido Communist" which looks Spanish and English). Is there some file I can edit to standardize these names so they are more realistic?

its possibly in the localisation files? not hundred percent sure though. The country files just have standard names but localisation seems to change the names. I would try that.

yep. in the localisation folder is a text.csv file where these names are stored. It's a huge file though. And I suggest using excel or a comparable programme to edit it. doing it with notepad, even ++ it's way to big.

btw the political parties start at line 7500 or so. remember to check which language version you are playing, and don't edit the first column or it'll go wrong

Speaking of Italian parties, just make sure that if ever a midget comes along and creates political parties with stupid and 1984-like names, kill the guy immediately.