• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bertouch

Musical Tree Surgeon
19 Badges
Feb 15, 2007
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
Just curious what others prefer while customizing their great mage builds--since I suspect most, like myself, don't settle for the premade ones.

Archmage, every time. Beyond that, i switch between the 15/15 resistance one, the new unit power one and on some rare occasion, I may take favor towards a god. Last point is usually extra starting gold, for no other reason beyond just taking something with the last point, and it does buy 2 settlers...

Edit: to specify, I take the 15/15 when I want an early game advantage, and the unit power when I plan on a longer game.

I like playing Undead. I usually take Koati Training, Archmage and the 100 mana. Comes in handy for looting imp spawns if you get some bats out early scouting and can get a destructive spell. The extra mana and high level spells that are usually in those can really give you an early game advantage.