• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gogomaester

First Lieutenant
5 Badges
Feb 23, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
As i have read almost everything about CiM 2, I would like to say just one thing, but probably it will be solvedwithout my note:

-When a sim goes from A to B and two or more lines are going there (same time), the sim should use the line, that comes first. -That would be a nice addition, because of making two lines in center with interval 5 minutes and 1 line in suburb with interval 10 minutes. (I am sorry I do not know the english word - branching?) It was in Traffic Giant too.

thanks

Upvote 0
The "I would like to see..." thread

As it says on the tin, a place to post the large or small features that you would love to see improve the already excellent CIM franchise.

Personally, I would like to be able to use the same stop more than once on any route. For instance, in boat routes, if we have 3 or more stops (let's call them A, B and C) we can't do the 'real world' route of A-B-C-B-A on Cim1, we have to do A-B-C-A as B can't be used twice. Which is ludicrous.

Also, with tramlines, most trams in the real world will go along their route, stop at the end, and come back - exactly like the metro - I would prefer trams to operate in that manner, without needing a little loop at each end. (I'm sure people will disagree with me on this though).

Also, with tramlines, most trams in the real world will go along their route, stop at the end, and come back - exactly like the metro - I would prefer trams to operate in that manner, without needing a little loop at each end. (I'm sure people will disagree with me on this though).
I haven't seen trams working that way in my life in any city I've been to (quite a few European capitals and lots of places in Poland), except for one time when such a mechanism was temporarily set up during a reconstruction last year of the line I frequent every day. Loops are perfectly normal for trams. I have nothing against having both ways of ending a tram line possible in-game, though - there are places when the mechanism you describe would work better than a loop, mostly due to lack of space.

- One way roads
- A lot more editor options like editing the populations of certain buildings in game
- More building variety :O
- Adjustable water levels, I hated how a small pond had to have really high cliffs on either side of it.

Allowing trams to reverse at the end stations is important. Building a loop can help speeding up the process, but if you don't have the space to build a loop, you should have the option to reverse.

Using the same station twice on the same line is also important. It is necessary for helicopters and boats, but can also be usefull for buses, trams and metros:
View attachment 61494
I took this photo where I live. Take a look at line 13. You can see it goes both to Qiryat Haim and M. Zevulun. These are opposite directions (on the next intersection the line can go right or straight). The line goes from Zevulun to Qiryat Haim and back, visiting this stop twice.

The ability to control staffing levels, for ticket inspectors in particular, separately of the number of vehicles available.
I would also like something like the Line Statistics mod to come with the game standard.
The ability for trams and buses to use the same station instead of having to build two different ones.
The ability to sell advertising space on your vehicles for money.
With respect to scheduling, the ability for buses to interline (alternate between running on two different routes.)
One-way streets
The ability to put a metro line and stations in the median of a highway.
The ability to have some routes with all-door boarding and some without it
For bus lanes, the ability to choose which lane to put the lane in (also the option to put a bus and tram lane in the median of avenues)
Intersections between avenues
Finally, the ability for bi-directional trams (i.e. having a cab at both ends) to reverse out of the terminus but still forcing uni-directional trams to loop.
And please add the Orion V as a bus!
I think that is it for me!

Last edited:
The ability to have some routes with all-door boarding and some without it
The ability to set some stops as set-down only or pick-up only.

Also:
The ability to have bus stops on hills!
The ability to add and remove, or reorder, stops on a line without it closing the line.
The ability to add waypoints to routes.

would be nice to have more directions when building roads besides horizontal, vertical and diagonal. Also besides bus and tram stops on hills, in the map editor it would be nice to make it easier to build buildings on hills...

I haven't seen trams working that way in my life in any city I've been to
Visit Budapest, only a very few lines have still loops at the ends.
The biggest disadvantage of reversible trams is that doors have to be on both sides, which takes away valuable space from passengers. Having loops on end of all tram lines needs more space in the city, but gives more space on the trams.

And Barcelona. Anyway, could you allow us to use both platforms at our metro/tram terminus where the train/tram already in the platform departs once the other platform also has a train? (for easier timetabling that doesn't blow up my brain)

ah, so you mean that both sides of the platform could be used by the same line as the first or last station, depending on which one is empty? that would be nice.

Visit Budapest, only a very few lines have still loops at the ends.
The biggest disadvantage of reversible trams is that doors have to be on both sides, which takes away valuable space from passengers. Having loops on end of all tram lines needs more space in the city, but gives more space on the trams.
Admittedly, I've only visited Budapest's centre, not the outskirts where, I would assume, tram lines end :). But like I said in the earlier post, I think we should have both possibilities: the loop and the reversing mechanism.

I like the multipayer stuff but I would love to see games where I can play against AI in sandbox. The thing I got bored from this game was that I had no competition to comepte with.

Hi,

As promised I'll start the "official" thread for your suggestions and requests regarding our new project Cities in Motion 2 (I will also move all related threads to this same one).

We are now in Pre-Alpha phase and the game is scheduled for release in Q2 2013. We'll be giving you more information as we progress in the development :)

I hope everyone is as excited about CIM2 as we are here at Colossal!

Cheers,
Mariina

EDIT: Wow, merging of the threads turned out to be trickier than I thought, but here they are :)

Last edited: