• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you referring to when you set advisors to historical when starting an EU3 game?
That's a different thing entirely. What they're referring to is using the convertor to set up the basis for the new EUIII save from your CKII one, then using a text editor to tidy it up and make sure everything is as close as possible between the two saves.
Incidentally, I'd recommend never using any of the historical options in EUIII. They tend to make the game a little strange, since they force certain people to turn up more or less regardless of what is happening in game. Historical rulers used to be especially bad.

I'm using DW5.1 btw, anyone still playing with that??
I'm still on 5.1, but I tend to be difficult to pin down for MP games.

That's a different thing entirely. What they're referring to is using the convertor to set up the basis for the new EUIII save from your CKII one, then using a text editor to tidy it up and make sure everything is as close as possible between the two saves.
Incidentally, I'd recommend never using any of the historical options in EUIII. They tend to make the game a little strange, since they force certain people to turn up more or less regardless of what is happening in game. Historical rulers used to be especially bad.

Cool, well that makes sense. Is it difficult to figure out how to use the converter btw?
Yeah, I NEVER select historical for leaders or advisers when playing.

I'm still on 5.1, but I tend to be difficult to pin down for MP games.

Looking into doing a GMT game atm, currently trying to finalise players and time schedule. You're welcome to join if time suits you.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?627618-DW5.1-GMT-game-any-takers