• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really liking the new portraits/eagerly awaiting the newest patch. Keep it up guys!!! Great work!!! Kudos!!!

Does anyone have a solution for the offset map I posted about a few pages ago?

How's the update coming along?

Strange this happens whenever I attempt a Morrowind game. The game starts out with all the houses having a vote for the successor, but then at some point in the game they all lose their vote?

Also, is there a way to preserve culture when you're trying to form the empire? I've started my invasion of other kingdoms and I'm finding it very difficult to find people of local culture to rule the lands I'm conquering. I don't want the entire continent to end up Breton...

Also, is there a way to preserve culture when you're trying to form the empire? I've started my invasion of other kingdoms and I'm finding it very difficult to find people of local culture to rule the lands I'm conquering. I don't want the entire continent to end up Breton...
I recommend using CB that let you vassalize local rulers - and then granting land to their courtiers. Other than that (and - maybe - inviting people to land them), I really have no idea.

I recommend using CB that let you vassalize local rulers - and then granting land to their courtiers. Other than that (and - maybe - inviting people to land them), I really have no idea.

I've tried inviting Nords to me in High Rock and of all the people I tried to invite, only one person did, and I think it was because he was a bastard with a claim. All the other people had opinion maluses with me because I'm a different culture, and the "no reason to move" modifier made it impossible to invite. The conquest CB only works on people of your same faith, I believe, and it's only one province at a time.

I've tried inviting Nords to me in High Rock and of all the people I tried to invite, only one person did, and I think it was because he was a bastard with a claim. All the other people had opinion maluses with me because I'm a different culture, and the "no reason to move" modifier made it impossible to invite. The conquest CB only works on people of your same faith, I believe, and it's only one province at a time.
Try marrying an unlanded unimportant male nord to a female breton courtier who likes you, afterwards invite her to your court and if she agrees she'll bring her husband along. Then make a baby factory.

Well, after you create some HK, the Unite (or is it called different?) CB allows you to vassalize. Besides, you really need only one vassal for a start - then just start giving land to people of his court.

(and try to:
- give this bastard city in coastal province
- then give him coastal province itself
- duchy for merchant republic!

If I am not mistaken, that should give you five families of correct culture + their court. Also, they NEVER die out. Should be good enough source of Nords for a while.)

The 'Imperial reconquest' CB works on other races/religions but for some reason not all of Tamriel. I believe it was mentioned as being fixed for the next version tho :)

I recommend using CB that let you vassalize local rulers - and then granting land to their courtiers.

This worked very well. I had a single Nordic count with a 40 person court. I was able to deal out my new lands to all Nords to preserve the culture of Skyrim. Strangely, when new counts generate courts they sometimes get Nords, but sometimes they also got Bretons? One Nordic count had a completely Breton court (at least for the males).

The 'Imperial reconquest' CB works on other races/religions but for some reason not all of Tamriel. I believe it was mentioned as being fixed for the next version tho :)

I'm not an empire quite yet, I'm talking about the normal Conquest CB that pretty much everyone has. The tooltip for this CB says it only works on people of your culture and faith.

I'm having a little trouble running the game today.

I run it on a Mac (10.8.3), install the game to the documents/Crusader Kings/mod folder and then create the applied ElderKings folder in the main CK2 folder. I have also downloaded the interface folder patch and replaced the domestic-dynastic.gui with the new one. My current version is 1.111, and every time I launch the game, it crashes after some loading.

I'm having a little trouble running the game today.

I run it on a Mac (10.8.3), install the game to the documents/Crusader Kings/mod folder and then create the applied ElderKings folder in the main CK2 folder. I have also downloaded the interface folder patch and replaced the domestic-dynastic.gui with the new one. My current version is 1.111, and every time I launch the game, it crashes after some loading.

Politely, as has been answered several times, it does not work with V. 1.111, regardless of hotfixes.

Politely, as has been answered several times, it does not work with V. 1.111, regardless of hotfixes.

Ah yes. Thank you for the information, I would suggest putting that on the front page if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.