• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Had some games up until 1939. In most of those games JAP has finished off NatChi by late 1938. I´ve noticed theat there´s no revolt risk above 9% in conquered NatChi territory, that seems a bit low. Also JAP has built 20 additional INF units from the outbreak of the war (Feb 1937) until Mar 1938. NatChi does not lack anything, so I wonder why they fall so quickly.

The Illustrious-event gives UK better defence stats for their CVs, which is okay, but it should reduce naval attack values instead of increasing them.

Playing as USA I´ve reached a tech research rate of 72% by early 1938. All techs are up to date; IIRC USA IRL was quite behind in most of the fields (except industry and maybe some naval techs), so I suggest to impose some research penalty on them until their war entry.

Good move to prohibit players from selling blueprints to countries they aren´t allied with. All in all it´s more difficult (but challenging) to get a decent setup with GER, UK, or SOV.

Edit: CVE IV takes 135 days at 0.3 IC to complete compared to CVE III 1,100 days at 1.3 IC (USA mid 1940); is this a bug?
CVE IV is named Long Island Class which took from 7 Jul 1939 to 2 Jun 1941 for completion (http://ww2db.com/ship_spec.php?ship_id=337)

Last edited:
i've got only 205 IC with Soviet in 41 when in same time german has got arond 650 IC with europa under control, and last but not least, at begining in barbarossa german sent me about 500 Div when i could make just 250in (16 mot and 16 armor)

182057ScreenSave4.png
and event 'war patriotic' don't seem work well, i'm near december 41, lost about 20% of motherland, and can't make this happen.

890670ScreenSave2.png

is everything seem look fine or it's just from me ?

Last edited:
i've got only 205 IC with Soviet in 41 when in same time german has got arond 650 IC with europa under control, and last but not least, at begining in barbarossa german sent me about 500 Div when i could make just 250in (16 mot and 16 armor)

View attachment 122351
and event 'war patriotic' don't seem work well, i'm near december 41, lost about 20% of motherland, and can't make this happen.

View attachment 122350

is everything seem look fine or it's just from me ?

WiF 2 is meant to be started in 1933. As SOV player you have to massively build up IC (and keep dissent under control) until at least 1939.

AFAIK the event "Great Patriotic War" is a relic and shouldn´t be there, so there´s no way to fire it.

-Linked to indochina, if France fight against Japan, an events chain including the Vietminh resistance should be done. Something like "if we fight together we'll give you independance after the end of war".

[/B]

I don't know the event from french side but this shouldn't be allowed for AI. This would break up the game. Even for human player you'll start war for Japan too early and leave USA off the war (no Pearl Harbour). Imagine, if you are already at war with UK (and rest of France) as Japan, and the war is declared on YOU, would you start a surprise attack on Pearl Habour or just clean up Asia and get allied with Germany (it is still before Barbarossa and the AntiCom ist already signed).

I received around 22% dissent after I activate partial mobilisation before invading Poloand with Ger in aug 39.
it will take me 7 months full speed to reduce it to 0 (I havent seen any specific event to reduce it except 1 or 2% after warsaw assault).
do I need to stop all production for 7 months???

I received around 22% dissent after I activate partial mobilisation before invading Poloand with Ger in aug 39.
it will take me 7 months full speed to reduce it to 0 (I havent seen any specific event to reduce it except 1 or 2% after warsaw assault).
do I need to stop all production for 7 months???

There are several mobilization steps you should complete before partial mobilization. Each step will give you some MP, reduce building time penalty and generate 3% dissent. Usually I take those decisions after I´ve reduced the initial GER dissent enough, so you will speed up production and have time to get rid of the dissent (there are plenty of dissent reducing events for GER in the early years).

You can enact partial mobilization right before selecting the Anschluss event or the Sudeten event as both events will reduce dissent by 10%. Another option would be to enact partial mobilization right after the war starts which doesn´t result in any dissent at all.

I don't know the event from french side but this shouldn't be allowed for AI. This would break up the game. Even for human player you'll start war for Japan too early and leave USA off the war (no Pearl Harbour). Imagine, if you are already at war with UK (and rest of France) as Japan, and the war is declared on YOU, would you start a surprise attack on Pearl Habour or just clean up Asia and get allied with Germany (it is still before Barbarossa and the AntiCom ist already signed).
Just make JAP wait te DOW on USA before striking Indochina in this case would be more realistic and wihtout breaking the game.

I don't know if it's due to the mod or not (I play all in one wif) but I have a back to windows with GER each time I go on the spy screen of my country. if I go to another country spy screen it runs well.
I have try different saves, different time, always the same issue...

So this mod is meant to be played as Germany only? Because playing Soviets is boring - by the time Germany DOWs you they already ran out of oil.

Issues like this (which aren´t really exclusive of DH, some HOI 3 mods also did "it") can be easily solved by editing the save file and giving oil to the countries you want. Annoying, but works.

Obviously they should, I´m just saying it´s the kind of issue that doesn´t really break the game if you do as I suggested. It´s annoying only.

Besides you´re complaining with the wrong person, I don´t do the mod heh.

UPDATE:

I'm assuming FT is busy with other things and am updating his mod to DH1.04 right now.
I have 405 errors to sort out, but most of these will be easy peasy to do so. SO, maybe later... ?

Last edited:
Why is the submod German Events still linked to? It's dead.

MY GIFT TO YOU:

I have converted WIF2(Gold) to DH1.04
I have already included the DH graphics pack and all the music from the links on page 1, so simply extract the mod into the DH\Mods folder and play.

The mod runs with no errors as far as I can see.

I have no intention of taking over this mod in FT's absence. All I have done for him is to keep his great mod alive by converting it for him.

In the conversion I have tried my best to keep all FT's original settings etc etc, and also the new stuff from DH1.04. I have changed NOTHING as far as I know. I hope the mod runs in DH1.04 and the playability remains the same, but who knows? You will have to play it and report back to FT so he can fix it.

This now ends my involvement with WIF2, as I have my own mod to sort out. Enjoy!:ninja:

Compressed mod size is about 638MBs.

YOU MAY end up with a folder called WIF2Gold, and inside that is another folder called WIF2Gold. IT IS THE INNER FOLDER that you copy to your Mods folder.

REMEMBER if you are on Steam, you have to apply for the DH1.04 BETA...

LINK: https://mega.nz/#!z4YH0ZaB!DatUMdqKCZeHS9HqqGErPKPNtZsT8cZnl8iPN_kOCa0

Last edited:
Reactions: