• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I question related to SOV.

After signing the M-R Pact with Germany, does Soviet Union get an event where it can incorporate Baltic States? Or it must manually demand their territory and even declare war if they refused?

I tried to replicate this strategy but it doesn't work. If I advance in one place the Soviets just advance in another.

The reason Barbarossa was such a success was that the Germans had overwhelming advantages initially in matters of organisation and officer freedom, as well as experience. The mod doesn't represent this and the Soviets are as ready as they were historically in 1945 in 1941 here. Also they can magically teleport units across hostile fleets to Koenigsberg.

Darkest Hour 2014-11-18 21-39-17-46.png

I tried to replicate this strategy but it doesn't work. If I advance in one place the Soviets just advance in another.

The reason Barbarossa was such a success was that the Germans had overwhelming advantages initially in matters of organisation and officer freedom, as well as experience. The mod doesn't represent this and the Soviets are as ready as they were historically in 1945 in 1941 here. Also they can magically teleport units across hostile fleets to Koenigsberg.

View attachment 118853

Why would a fleet prevent land units from entering Königsberg when there´s an ordinary land connection? Besides, even if you cut off Königsberg there might still arrive units that have been strategically redeployed to that town before.

Why would a fleet prevent land units from entering Königsberg when there´s an ordinary land connection? Besides, even if you cut off Königsberg there might still arrive units that have been strategically redeployed to that town before.

This screen shows a little after that happens, but think of 1941 borders of East Prussia. It says "Hostile fleets in Danzig Bay will block movement" and they don't. They can move directly from Klapedia to Koenigsberg.

EDIT: I figured out why I'm losing. It's because I get an over command max penalty on most units while the Soviet's don't.

Last edited:
EDIT: I figured out why I'm losing. It's because I get an over command max penalty on most units while the Soviet's don't.

Ah, yes, IIRC attacking units have a command limit that is determined by all units that are involved in the action, whereas defending units have their command limit calculated for their corps only, i.e. 3 stacks of 3 divisions attacking will need a general while 3 stacks of 3 divisions defending will need 3 mj generals or lt generals (depending on the mod).

The other reason is that Soviet infantry have a hard attack of 3.5, soft of 11, while my tanks have 17 and 22 respectively yet when in equal numbers of divisions I often have a hard time routing them. It seems that the doctrinal advantages given to German prior to about 1943 have been removed and the USSR is on par with them in 1941. Which is not so fun for me...

The hotfix shows up as a .inc file so how do I extract it?

Edit - Nevermind, I was going through a moment of stupidity.

Last edited:
For information,
Fernando Torres is currently very busy, but he does not forget the players of his mod.

He had time to make available to French testers a new version (the next to leave). This version is in beta 3 and could logically go out at the same time as the next patch for Darkest Hour.

to follow next year.

Hello everyone :)

As my Christmas gift for you guys and with the help of bibrax, here is a new version of the mod (also in first post) with just a few useful hot-fixes:

• Fixed German custom mobilization system
  • Fixed Italy joins the Axis event (would block the AI events chains leading to Barbarossa)
  • Fixed events texts (not finished)
>> Save-games should not be 100% compatible so finish your ongoing games before you install this new version <<

Even Santa is now installing it. So enjoy it! :cool:

412589Santaoncomputer.png

Hello!

Just gonna be quick..

Code:
		command = { trigger = { not = { difficulty = 3 } } type = add_division value = hq name = "DAK" when = 3 where = sp_anti_air }

in event #9300225 should not be "sp_anti_air" but "anti_air" otherwise it says:
Code:
	ERROR : [2. Armee] : Invalid attachment [AA(Sfl)] for division type [HQ]!

eeeex

Just played with France and notice missing things or bugs.

Just played with France and notice missing things or bugs.

After the fall of Paris I decide the "France Fight On" path. I evacuate my unit to North Afroca and Corsica.
With the fall of the Metropole I lost most of my IC, it remain only 5 IC.

-I suggest to had an event to evacuate some IC in Algier, maybe 10 IC.

-After the fall of the Metropole, Algier shoud became the French Capitale. In my case the capitale is Corsica. But if Corsica Fall the Capital will be Brazaville.

-The French Indochina is given to Japan without any choice. If France Fight On she will not abandon Indochina even if it's mean war with Siam and Japan.

-Linked to indochina, if France fight against Japan, an events chain including the Vietminh resistance should be done. Something like "if we fight together we'll give you independance after the end of war".

-Land-Lease never triggered. I'm currently in 1942 and have no lend lease. Probably because I hold Corsica and Brazaville is not my Capitale.

-About Land-Lease I suggest to trigger it right after the event "France Fight On" and to give something like +30 or +50 IC. In my case with only 5 or 6 IC I'm not able to supplies correctly my units or to remplace my loss.

Without that "France Fight On" have no interest because even if I'm able to evacuate most of my units (my whole navy and Air Force, 75-80% of my ground force) I can't use them.

Situation in 1942:
-Japan have declared war on January five. Singapour is still British. Japan have conquered China.
-Italian and Afrika Korps have been beaten in East Africa and Libya.
-Italia and the Balkan have been invaded by US-UK Force.
-US Army have passed the Alpes and landed in Marseille. French force hold the whole Mediterannean littoral.
-Norway never fall because I've put some Infantry Div to defend the landing zone after Norway join the Allies when German DOW on it.

And additionnal event idea:
The bombing of Berlin by the Farman 222 "Jules Verne" (June 7 1940) which should result in -1 dissent for France and +1 dissent for Germany.

If someone want to code a whole "France Fight On" chain of events, I can give a lot of idea and hints.

Last edited: