• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Minuteman1000

Second Lieutenant
87 Badges
Jul 19, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
I started this thread to ask that you might want in an second expansion pack:

I want the espionage ability from EU3 back because there was plenty of that in the Victorian times.

Also reworking the colonization for some more nations then major or secondary were trying colonize but it would be harder.

What stuff do you want to see?

A possible civil war mechanic similar to that of EU Rome's civil wars, America shouldn't be the only one possible to have a civil war and making that uncertainty if a part of your country could possibly challenge your rule would only add to the already sandbox style gameplay they have created for Victoria 2.

AI that doesn't lose most of there forces to Attrition.

A complete RGO overhaul, with multiple RGOs per province so that pops can switch between profitable and unprofitable good production.

Regional markets, so the world isn't globalised at the game's start.

I would like to see foreign support of rebels and separatist movements. For example, Russian Empire could support balkanian peoples of Ottoman Empire; while Great Britain and/or German Empire could support revolutionary forces in Russian Empire.

I would like to see foreign support of rebels and separatist movements. For example, Russian Empire could support balkanian peoples of Ottoman Empire; while Great Britain and/or German Empire could support revolutionary forces in Russian Empire.

I would also like to see this. There should be a varying scale of how you can support them and an infamy hit if discovered.
IE:
Give weapons and supplies to Nationalists Rebels of Syria IF discovered infamy hit of 10
Give money to Nationlists Revels of Syria IF discovered infamy hit 7 ETC

That would be great, i have always thought of arming the population of my culture so they can overthrow the
government in foreign countries to a one that is loyal to me/ will join my state.

A better colonisation system would be very nice.

This is probably half patch/half expansion stuff, but I'd like to see PI rebalance the entire economy in terms of goods. There's so many important goods that are not even abstracted, but just plain not there. Stuff like furs, copper, sugarcane, cocoa, electricity, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, trains, beer, etc. The goods that are there, are often not in the right place. South America has no gold, even though it was the main supplier in the early 19th century. No wonder those countries go bankrupt in three years.

This is probably half patch/half expansion stuff, but I'd like to see PI rebalance the entire economy in terms of goods. There's so many important goods that are not even abstracted, but just plain not there. Stuff like furs, copper, sugarcane, cocoa, electricity, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, trains, beer, etc. The goods that are there, are often not in the right place. South America has no gold, even though it was the main supplier in the early 19th century. No wonder those countries go bankrupt in three years.

PDM has a lot of these goods.

Price-based(instead of prestige-based) market with proper tarrifs mechanics.
Shipping as part of the price. Internal shipping should be cheaper then external, but all shipping should be distance based and type of transport based:
sea shipping on steam is cheapest
sea shipping on clippers is next
then by-land on railroad
then by-land on roads.

Also new war justifications based on your politics:

Communists - Workers Liberation
Reactionaries - Restoration of Divine Order (monarchy)
anarcho-liberal - Jacobin Revolution
fascist - conquest of the weak

Also containment options for the more moderate states.

Also new war justifications based on your politics:

Communists - Workers Liberation
Reactionaries - Restoration of Divine Order (monarchy)
anarcho-liberal - Jacobin Revolution
fascist - conquest of the weak

Also containment options for the more moderate states.

The fascist thing is redundant, since you can already conquer stuff, but a CB to change someones govt would be cool.

I would also like to see this. There should be a varying scale of how you can support them and an infamy hit if discovered.
IE:
Give weapons and supplies to Nationalists Rebels of Syria IF discovered infamy hit of 10
Give money to Nationlists Revels of Syria IF discovered infamy hit 7 ETC

i think the infamy should be about 2 and if discovered theres a large relations reduction and maybe the russians for example can seize all the money and resources you send over, id also like an ultimatum thing.

The fascist thing is redundant, since you can already conquer stuff, but a CB to change someones govt would be cool.

In Victoria 2 a "civilized" cannot annex an entire country unless being attacked by everyone else, it should be unless you are fascists and part of a "Fascist sphere" this should be an exception.

Also their should be attempted forced assimilation methods by aggressive empires or more accommodating options for minority cultures for democracies allowing them to become accepted cultures.

I'm a big supporter of regional markets, with spheres and conquest being used to promote globalization. I'm also in favor of making the prices of goods more flexible (although I think the prestige-based buying might be a necessary feature) and adding transit costs onto goods that are reduced by infrastructure. I don't know if provinces should necessarily have multiple RGOs but I think they should at least have a number of "potential RGOs" that they can rotate between if their current one is much less profitable. I know that PDM does exactly that, and has a bigger range of goods too. I'd also like to see at least some kind of rudimentary financial system, besides just mining gold to prevent deflation.

PDM has a lot of these goods.

I know, but the lack of goods mean that vanilla is too simple and too unbalanced. South America and others will always be a severely underpowered now due to the lack of certain cash-producing goods. If you manage to get a stable government going (a real challenge in RL South America) you could have a decent shot at becoming a low great power or a high secondary power. The way it is now, even a stable government won't get the AI past 20th place. New factories and their corresponding output goods could help diversify gameplay. Now you always have the same five cash cows while the rest of the factories turn a loss.