• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Soulstrider

God Emperor
35 Badges
May 13, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Dungeonland
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pride of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
So I was wondering does Rome has some kind of inheritance mechanic? Because I was at war with Syracuse and suddenly it was annexed by Epirus, they weren't even at war or anything, it seemed to random.

Starting a Rome game, I noticed that Syracuse was part of Epirus. Are you sure it was annexed and not part of Epirus right from the beginning?

I never heard of an inheritance system in EUR...

Yes, I went at war with Syracuse, occupied half of the country and suddenly went to peace because Epirus annexed them.

Yes, I went at war with Syracuse, occupied half of the country and suddenly went to peace because Epirus annexed them.

Syracusae is part of Epirus from the start. If there is no battles for long enough (for a year i think) you get auto white peace. This auto-white-peace is weird mechanic behind this.
Syracuse is half of Sicily and if you occupied it and it would have been OPM - a one province minor, you could have annexed it. But you didn't because you should have crossed the sea over to Epirus and taken that province as well. You can annex even 2 provinces btw.

I would also recommend not to invite Massilia to war because Epirus can annex it (if you don't pay attention and are slow enough) and then you can't annex Epirus.

Are you playing any mods? I think there's a feature like that in Epigoni, specifically for Syracuse?

I know that in Vanilla, there is a mechanic where if a dynasty dies out in a monarchy then there is a chance that an ally will inherit the country, so that's a possibility as well.