The E3 Map Project for Darkest Hour - 1000's of New Provinces

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My idea for Iraq based on current ethnic/political situation:

hbqLRVM.png

Note: eventual changes won't be included in v1.0.

Can we hope to see the next version in the nearest future?
I have an idea to use it for scenario that starts in early nineties. If there would be few new provinces and fixes it would be rather nice. If not I can accept it as it is.

Is someone interested in fixing the events of the 1936 scenario?
So the map is easier to use for mods based on the 1936 main scenario...
I would like to make a mini-mod like Deo Vindice with the CSA available in the 1936 scenario, but I don't want to check all Darkest Hour Events to make them work again with the map.
Furthermore, the Unit Sprites don't seem to work with the map as well, if someone can fix that I would be very grateful.

Can we hope to see the next version in the nearest future?
I have an idea to use it for scenario that starts in early nineties. If there would be few new provinces and fixes it would be rather nice. If not I can accept it as it is.

The next E3Map version is always released when I consider all things on my to-do list as done. Currently I can't say when it will be released, I don't want to give any promises I couldn't keep, so no ETA.

The map is designed to represent 1897-2014 time period and XIX century isn't prioritized (not like in Victoria 2), but some areas could be still changed if really needed.

Is someone interested in fixing the events of the 1936 scenario?
So the map is easier to use for mods based on the 1936 main scenario...
I would like to make a mini-mod like Deo Vindice with the CSA available in the 1936 scenario, but I don't want to check all Darkest Hour Events to make them work again with the map.
Furthermore, the Unit Sprites don't seem to work with the map as well, if someone can fix that I would be very grateful.

I don't fix events as I don't have any skill in events scripting at all and I don't really have time to learn it.
What's wrong with sprites?

Hello mumia, is there a changelog of any sort that I can look? I want to consider the trouble of updating TP's map. Does the new version has less beaches or off-map provinces?

Cheers.

Hello. First of all, sorry for the delay.

1. Unfortunately there's no concrete changelog, but I don't touch any files not related to the map. Definitely you need as always copy map folder, province_names.csv and partially province.csv (for reason from 2.) and misc.txt (or just change province number from 7993 to 8021, that's all) you can ignore the rest as you'll probably use your own revolt.txt, AI and DB files. I don't remember I've changed anything important in province.csv in since last version, but I would recommend to copy continent section to your province.csv as it looks it was the last change here. Also beaches still need to be fixed, I don't have any precise vision here.

2. I've finally added some long awaited by modders ghost provinces (provinces not used on the map which you can use to represent 'countries' like international organizations, for example European Union or United Nations), you'll be able to use them as soon as I'll upload the next E3Map version. Those provinces are listed in province.csv with IDs 7992-8019 with plains as terrain and Europe as continent by default so all off-map countries using those provinces will be listed in Europe section in diplomacy (you can easily change continent in province.csv). I've tested few of those provinces using country tags not included in 1936 scenario and they worked fine. Those provinces have no names set in province_names.csv as I suppose modders have their own vision how to name them, also as all provinces are land provinces, you can add exclusive province picture in gfx folder.

Hello. First of all, sorry for the delay.

1. Unfortunately there's no concrete changelog, but I don't touch any files not related to the map. Definitely you need as always copy map folder, province_names.csv and partially province.csv (for reason from 2.) and misc.txt (or just change province number from 7993 to 8021, that's all) you can ignore the rest as you'll probably use your own revolt.txt, AI and DB files. I don't remember I've changed anything important in province.csv in since last version, but I would recommend to copy continent section to your province.csv as it looks it was the last change here. Also beaches still need to be fixed, I don't have any precise vision here.

2. I've finally added some long awaited by modders ghost provinces (provinces not used on the map which you can use to represent 'countries' like international organizations, for example European Union or United Nations), you'll be able to use them as soon as I'll upload the next E3Map version. Those provinces are listed in province.csv with IDs 7992-8019 with plains as terrain and Europe as continent by default so all off-map countries using those provinces will be listed in Europe section in diplomacy (you can easily change continent in province.csv). I've tested few of those provinces using country tags not included in 1936 scenario and they worked fine. Those provinces have no names set in province_names.csv as I suppose modders have their own vision how to name them, also as all provinces are land provinces, you can add exclusive province picture in gfx folder.
Thanks mumia, I've been eagerly awaiting for these ghost provinces.

Hi, long since my last post... I suggest new lakes and rivers for Mexico: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/México_Hidorlogía.png, http://contentmapas.didactalia.net/...bc1e/212d6993-01f1-420e-9868-c06c6f59fcb4.jpg also what about Chamizal territory it was disputed between U.S and Mexico i know is little but : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._map_01.jpg/480px-Chazimal_dispute_map_01.jpg, also i found this map represting Guatemaltecan claims in Belize : http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iJt25TUggXs/UlcLtxmDLrI/AAAAAAAAAzA/FbIUiqrcQLc/s1600/caso+belice.jpg

Which rivers in Mexico should I include in future concretely?

Guatemalan claims over south Belize were already fixed:

MUW42fW.png

New idea for Iraq (ISIS, Kurdish, Shiite and Sunnites claims included):

DsHgQRH.png

Divided Jerusalem:

9rmfjUL.png

Iran-Afghanistan exchanged areas (The Atabay arbitration 1935 - provinces Kohsan and Zabol):

zKEU6Tu.png

Bengal (added French colony Chôndonnôgor):

7SLuNYQ.png

Important note:
All those changes including new provinces won't be included in E3Map v1.0.

Some unexpected problem appeared after last Win7 update and I don't have access to the internet from my PC (I'm writing using my mother laptop) which is a problem in some aspects of my map creation. On my PC all web browsers say there's a problem with connection, also Steam, Origin and Uplay can't connect. Any one else had such problem after actualization of Windows?

I've seen people ask in regard of modding with the E3 Map, so I will just to be polite, I would like to use the E3 map to make a small Battle Scenario mod about the Irish war for Independence & its consequential Civil War. (I wish to use the E3 map obviously due to its more numerous Provinces, as in Ireland.

I've seen people ask in regard of modding with the E3 Map, so I will just to be polite, I would like to use the E3 map to make a small Battle Scenario mod about the Irish war for Independence & its consequential Civil War. (I wish to use the E3 map obviously due to its more numerous Provinces, as in Ireland.

No problem, you can use it in your mod. This map was created to be used in battle scenarios.

made something for you Mumia

ewolucja.png

Thank you.:)