• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@slaufuchs: must have something to do with Denmark holding the straight. all it takes is one simple transport or sub and no enemy ship can get in, no enemy soldier can cross.

A feature I'm missing is to be able to give provinces to other nations, particularly when playing MP.

Is this something you are thinking about to add? It's quite time consuming saving the game and tweaking the save-file.

Any idea if they are changing the command system for army air force and navy units?

of course, once they have our money for this expansion they will be after another shot of cash with a new game in a similar condition to how hoi3 was at launch.

IF hoi4 doesnt come out in a form AT LEAST as polished as 'hoi3 their finest hour' they wont be seeing my money until its had three expansions to fix it again, and even then if they are charging more than £20 at that 3-4 years after launch i'll be considering abandoning the idea altogether.

the core of the game has been around for ten years guys, get your act together next time dont dribble out features again that were in the previous version have them in the initial launch so that any expansions WILL be with NEW IDEA's

i think the fiasco of the hoi3 launch should serve as a warning. get it right in your fourth iteration. dont bring that out for three years, because you'll need that long to get the game to where i said above.

THIS!!

I have HoI3 sice release (and I bought all expansions) and I am still agry.

All the new features look cool but I just hope that they aren't half-heartedly implemented and actually work upon release without several patches to smooth things out. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Is it possible to introduce an additional option, reflecting the various units of air or sea into the hands of AI? So far, if I want to planes and ships were controlled by the game I have to create separate staffs for them. And I do not think that these separate staffs cooperate with the rest of the troops properly.

Is it possible to introduce an additional option, reflecting the various units of air or sea into the hands of AI? So far, if I want to planes and ships were controlled by the game I have to create separate staffs for them. And I do not think that these separate staffs cooperate with the rest of the troops properly.

Yeah, it would be nice, to have little seperate automate-buttons for each wing, so that if a wing is attached to any HQ, it can still be automated without automating the whole command with all its subordinate units, and will support these units in whatever they are doing.

Another one.
I wish spies could make a new kind of mission: steal technology. For example this mission could provided a bonus to research_efficiency depending on how many points of leadership spied country destined for research.

of course, once they have our money for this expansion they will be after another shot of cash with a new game in a similar condition to how hoi3 was at launch.

IF hoi4 doesnt come out in a form AT LEAST as polished as 'hoi3 their finest hour' they wont be seeing my money until its had three expansions to fix it again, and even then if they are charging more than £20 at that 3-4 years after launch i'll be considering abandoning the idea altogether.

the core of the game has been around for ten years guys, get your act together next time dont dribble out features again that were in the previous version have them in the initial launch so that any expansions WILL be with NEW IDEA's

i think the fiasco of the hoi3 launch should serve as a warning. get it right in your fourth iteration. dont bring that out for three years, because you'll need that long to get the game to where i said above.

I don't think any features were "dribbled out" with HoI3/expansions, there's only so much development time and you can't do everything. I don't think I'd shock anyone if I said HoI3 was in a poor state at release, imagine how much worse it could have been if we'd tried to add every feature from the expansions too.

As for quality, have you looked at CK2? If not, maybe check out reviews/forums. People were pretty happy with our new standards, and we hope all our future games will be of the same level.

One small request: would it be possible that if you click on the "goto" button on the popup related to a tech, the click takes you to the relevant tech tab instead of the one you last visited?
I noticed to have memorize which category the new tech is to find it easier if I want to change research. Thanks in advance... :)
You guys rock.

Rog

I don't think any features were "dribbled out" with HoI3/expansions, there's only so much development time and you can't do everything. I don't think I'd shock anyone if I said HoI3 was in a poor state at release, imagine how much worse it could have been if we'd tried to add every feature from the expansions too.

As for quality, have you looked at CK2? If not, maybe check out reviews/forums. People were pretty happy with our new standards, and we hope all our future games will be of the same level.

It's great that you have raised your standards (seriously, no sarcasm) but there are still issues with the current game that seem to have gone unnoticed/unaddressed by PI, especially in the 3.06 beta thread. There are plenty of players who are trying to help make the game better by pointing out serious issues that the new features won't fix and have even posted some realistic solutions to fix them but the thread seems to have been abandoned by PI which is very frustrating when PI then comes out to talk about the new expansion while seeming to ignore or forget about the current problems with the game (especially with the military AI invading northern Holland and getting destroyed every time or with the British and US AIs not recognizing the French/Allied theater in Europe and then sending troops to random invasion spots or just not sending any troops at all). The inactivity problem is particularly frustrating because once you get the US into the war it does basically nothing in either Europe or the Pacific because the theaters of allied countries that don't border each other or have oceans between them never include their allies' territory in their own theater and therefore never send troops to help on the front, instead sending them to other invasion spots and getting wiped out or just not sending troops at all.

One small request: would it be possible that if you click on the "goto" button on the popup related to a tech, the click takes you to the relevant tech tab instead of the one you last visited?
I noticed to have memorize which category the new tech is to find it easier if I want to change research. Thanks in advance... :)
You guys rock.

Rog

Yeah, this is something that bothered me from day one. I got used to it, over the years, but it still would be nice. And it´s like one line of code, right?

It's great that you have raised your standards (seriously, no sarcasm) but there are still issues with the current game that seem to have gone unnoticed/unaddressed by PI, especially in the 3.06 beta thread. There are plenty of players who are trying to help make the game better by pointing out serious issues that the new features won't fix and have even posted some realistic solutions to fix them but the thread seems to have been abandoned by PI which is very frustrating when PI then comes out to talk about the new expansion while seeming to ignore or forget about the current problems with the game [...]

I think this impression stems from PDS being on vacation the recent weeks?

It's great that you have raised your standards (seriously, no sarcasm) but there are still issues with the current game that seem to have gone unnoticed/unaddressed by PI, especially in the 3.06 beta thread. There are plenty of players who are trying to help make the game better by pointing out serious issues that the new features won't fix and have even posted some realistic solutions to fix them but the thread seems to have been abandoned by PI which is very frustrating when PI then comes out to talk about the new expansion while seeming to ignore or forget about the current problems with the game (especially with the military AI invading northern Holland and getting destroyed every time or with the British and US AIs not recognizing the French/Allied theater in Europe and then sending troops to random invasion spots or just not sending any troops at all). The inactivity problem is particularly frustrating because once you get the US into the war it does basically nothing in either Europe or the Pacific because the theaters of allied countries that don't border each other or have oceans between them never include their allies' territory in their own theater and therefore never send troops to help on the front, instead sending them to other invasion spots and getting wiped out or just not sending troops at all.

The problem is, a lot of the issues that are left are either areas where it's more players disagreeing with our design rather than them being bugs, or problems inherent in the way the game was made that can't be solved without a fundamental re-write of the systems affected. The AI, for example, is not a human brain that can do long term risk assessment and planning, instead it can only really evaluate local conditions and react to them, so when it sees that the ports in Holland are weakly held it'll invade the area without understanding that Germany will likely bring in more troops from other areas. And since the game has no moral or political repercussions for throwing lifes away like that, it's not such a disaster that it would have been in real life.

As for expansions, we are afterall a business, and to keep working on the game(s) we need to pay the people who work on them, and this means adding New Things to sell. We hope the New Things are things people will enjoy playing, but they also fund work on improving the rest of the game.

I think this impression stems from PDS being on vacation the recent weeks?

We more or less shut down during July, but it's also due to us working on 3.06. On the plus side, it gives people longer to test it, and the patch might benefit from the work we do on it.

And since the game has no moral or political repercussions for throwing lifes away like that, it's not such a disaster that it would have been in real life.
Politically - no, but militarily - yes. 2 major suicide invasions will cripple the UK in 1940-1942 and the Sea Lion will become even easier to perform. It's also super-easy to exploit the AI ATM by deliberately leaving a port unguarded. Wait for the invasion, wait for the AI to reinforce the beachhead, bomb the port and infra, destroy the beachhead. Rinse and repeat... One might even think that garrisoning the coastal provinces is a waste of time ;).

Darkrenown a line of code somewhat like this

IF year < 1942 and/or GER+SOV=Peace THEN Invasion of Western Europe = 0 ELSE Go for it. ;)

I don't think that using in-game year as a prerequisite is a good idea, because the player is not forced to start wars at historical dates. However, maybe it would be a good idea to start with sth simple, like not invading Germany unless it has an active frontline with a major country or the Allied military power is great (this usually means that the USA is in the Allied camp). The worst cases of suicide invasions occur when Germany is preparing for Barbarossa, but the invasion has not yet begun. The human player will always manage to repel the invasion then and TBH even the AI Germany shouldn't have big problems with it.