Thread: Criiminal hiding in looted village

Sergeant
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Exclamation Criiminal hiding in looted village

Good Evening Gentlemen,

I have a quest from the king, to find a guy hiding in a village and get him, and I'll get the ransom. But the village was recently looted, so the game doesn't let me enter the village at all, the only option it offers me is "Leave". It looks like I will have to disappoint the king, which is a real bugger.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way around this?

Cheers

Not really an issue per se...you'll need to wait the week-2 weeks for the village to restore itself. If you still have time on the Quest, you can complete it then.

Sergeant
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Fine. I still think it would be more clever to let me enter a looted village. It would prevent this weird situation and it would be a nice change of scene at the same time.

Clever or not, it also requires more developpment resources to allow in a move that it is already available to players who understand the notion of waiting for an event to happen.

One of the reasons, why you should always plan your moves and keep in touch when villages get looted. :-) These are the politics of the game.

Deus VultFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEUIV: Call to arms event

The fact that you cannot enter a looted village is disappointing indeed. Many things could be done about it, offer to help them rebuild, pursue the looters to avenge them... THere are so many aspects of the game that could be enhanced and improved that I am waiting eagerly for a real sequel.
    CKII : Songs of an Angel - A musical minimod

For the Glory
    : Dawn of Kingdoms - A medieval tetralogy

That would be a great addition, and it requires just a few minutes of programming :-/ Paradox! Tale Worlds! Please! :-)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Quote Originally Posted by cyklopas View Post
    That would be a great addition, and it requires just a few minutes of programming :-/ Paradox! Tale Worlds! Please! :-)
    Lol.
    Creating a new, looted, version of every single village in the game would take more than just a few minutes considering that every village scene is unique.
    We can accept God becoming man to save man. But not man becoming God to save himself.
    -Vernon Linwood Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Third Angel View Post
    The fact that you cannot enter a looted village is disappointing indeed. Many things could be done about it, offer to help them rebuild, pursue the looters to avenge them... THere are so many aspects of the game that could be enhanced and improved that I am waiting eagerly for a real sequel.
    I dont think the game is planned to work this way (and seeing a few screenshots of the meta map of M&B2 seems to keep on the same course)

You have to avoid looting, not to avenge it.

Villages are supposedly supporting units to the rest of the map units. Castles might rely on them for provision (look at meta map in 2), cities get goods from them etc

By looting villages, you destroy the production chain lower level.

Looted villages cool down time must exist to represent the loss and failure in performing the basic duty of security a lord owes his serfs.

The game is already hard to balance out as shown through multiple patches. Adding a new layer of adjustments like the opportunity to shorten the cool down time is not going to make that task easier.

Deus VultFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEUIV: Call to arms event

Ok, some fair points.

Now, where did you see "the screenshots of the meta map of M&B2"?

For the Glory

Here, not screenshots but a video of alpha developpment, in the background, there were screens of the world map. Villages were very close to castles on it.

I think you meant to have an hyperlink on the "Here", but it is not there.

For the Glory

Sorry but no. Here meant on this forum. Somebody posted a link to a video interview of the developper. In the background, you could see screens of M&B2.

Thanks, found it.

EDIT: nearly one year old and still no official announcement though.
    Last edited by Third Angel; 22-07-2012 at 20:50.

For the Glory

That is the thread and this is the post I thought of:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13695527

and the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZUfzAFL5Ek

Six months old, but not much news since.