• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: You've joined those fakers? For shame!

OOC: A relative of the Austro-Hungarian royalty and a member of the Confederacy. :p

People of Germany, tyne kaiser would see you under the hell of the French and Russians! They would see you under occupation! They would see us continue our civil war while being attacked from both sides simultaneously! They would see half of Germany annexed by France, and the other have plundered by Russia! Tell me Germans, is that what you want?

By making peace with the French and the Russians, the Confederation can once again focus on reuniting Germany, and then instituting the reforms that we need! We cannot afford a 3 way war. A 3 way war is never good. It would destroy the German people. But now, now we can mop up the resistance of the Empire easily! They shall no longer rebel from the Confederation!

Come, flock to the Confederation! I shall match the offer of amnesty from the Chancellor of the Empire. They will lose in the end, and the Confederation will reunite Germany-my only goal now is to makes that as quick and bloodless as possible.

Come Germany, ignore the old enmity! Right now, in this moment, we need unity in order to preserve our nation! Come my friends, join us, and fight for a better tomorrow, one where you do not have to endure the tyranny of a Kaiser!

People of Germany, tyne kaiser would see you under the hell of the French and Russians! They would see you under occupation! They would see us continue our civil war while being attacked from both sides simultaneously! They would see half of Germany annexed by France, and the other have plundered by Russia! Tell me Germans, is that what you want?

By making peace with the French and the Russians, the Confederation can once again focus on reuniting Germany, and then instituting the reforms that we need! We cannot afford a 3 way war. A 3 way war is never good. It would destroy the German people. But now, now we can mop up the resistance of the Empire easily! They shall no longer rebel from the Confederation!

Come, flock to the Confederation! I shall match the offer of amnesty from the Chancellor of the Empire. They will lose in the end, and the Confederation will reunite Germany-my only goal now is to makes that as quick and bloodless as possible.

Come Germany, ignore the old enmity! Right now, in this moment, we need unity in order to preserve our nation! Come my friends, join us, and fight for a better tomorrow, one where you do not have to endure the tyranny of a Kaiser!

"I believe it is you that would rather see the Reich under the boot of the French and Russians. After all, you are the ones that have been puppeted by them. Attempts have been made at negotiations for, at the very least, a cease fire, which could have allowed both the Reich and the Confederation to deal with the traitorous French and Russians, respectively. Instead, you seek to see Germany become a marionette government installed by the French and Russians to oppress the great German people and destroy our beloved Reich. You are truly delusional."

~ Friedrich von Weiss
Royalist
Naval Ministry
Commander of the Kaiserliche Marine

Truly, the politicians of the Empire are the ones that are delusional. I am no puppet of the French and the Russians. I made peace with them, in order to see that germany did not suffer the fate your Kaiser has planned for it! I allied with the Entente in order to make sure the destruction of Germany does not come to pass! There is such a thing called pragmatism, that you do not seem to grasp. The enemy of your enemy is your friend, and all those sayings, they are true.

Truly, the politicians of the Empire are the ones that are delusional. I am no puppet of the French and the Russians. I made peace with them, in order to see that germany did not suffer the fate your Kaiser has planned for it! I allied with the Entente in order to make sure the destruction of Germany does not come to pass! There is such a thing called pragmatism, that you do not seem to grasp. The enemy of your enemy is your friend, and all those sayings, they are true.

"It is impossible for you to see reason. United, the eastern and western halves of the Reich can easily defeat the French and Russians. With support from Austria-Hungary and the United Kingdom, the Dual Alliance would not last long. But I know you are too blinded by your own grab for power and for your plan to make Germany a puppet, but a satellite state of the traitorous decrepit Russian monarchy and the incapable French "republic". The people of Germany are not enemies of one another. You are using your influence and wealth to send good German men and sons to their death all in the name of power and of destroying the Germany we all know and love."

~ Friedrich von Weiss
Royalist

Following the news of the Confederation's surrender to the French and Russians, I hereby announce that I will be resigning from the Confederate Reichstag and hope that the Kaiser is willing to forgive me for my foolishness. I now realize that Graf von Urlich, who I had previously considered to be a wise and reasonable person, is in fact a wannabe tyrant, who will surrender his country, and his countrymen at the first sign of danger, and who wishes to rule over Germany as a French puppet. I wish that the Kaiser and his government can forgive me for listening to this traitor to God and Germany.

May it not be said that I am one unwilling to forgive. I grant Erwin Schmidt full amnesty under my authority as chancellor. May this act be a signal to all others who have seen the deception of treacherous dictator who claims to represent the people! Only now will this tyrant offer a similar forgiveness, but it is a farce, turn against this vile man! Return to the True Germany, fight for you nation and your beliefs!

~Chancellor Reinhart von und zu Birkenfeld

" People of Germany The Confederation is a Sham. It's new leader is a Lunatic who has delusions of Greatness and thinks up unworkable Games of Diplomatic poker which will never succeed in the faintest plausible. He plans to Use the French and Russians to Unify Germany only to then Turn on them in a betrayal and try to beat them while hoping somehow that Britain will work with his weak Corrupt Government which he Governs as an Autocrat. Even Me his Vice Chancellor knew nothing of his most devious deal with the Entente and he Only Informed me of his War Plans after he had already Implemented them. With Molkte in Charge we may have had a cool head at the Top which could prevent our Destruction but with him having fled the Situation has collapsed further. I see no hope in this Confederation born out of corruption. I hear by Accept the Good Leader's of the German Empire's offer of an Amnesty and Defect back to the German Empire. I hope the Leader of the Confederation sees sense and surrenders as there will be no mercy for him if he doesn't."

Hermann Schmidt Leader of the SPD

" People of Germany The Confederation is a Sham. It's new leader is a Lunatic who has delusions of Greatness and thinks up unworkable Games of Diplomatic poker which will never succeed in the faintest plausible. He plans to Use the French and Russians to Unify Germany only to then Turn on them in a betrayal and try to beat them while hoping somehow that Britain will work with his weak Corrupt Government which he Governs as an Autocrat. Even Me his Vice Chancellor knew nothing of his most devious deal with the Entente and he Only Informed me of his War Plans after he had already Implemented them. With Molkte in Charge we may have had a cool head at the Top which could prevent our Destruction but with him having fled the Situation has collapsed further. I see no hope in this Confederation born out of corruption. I hear by Accept the Good Leader's of the German Empire's offer of an Amnesty and Defect back to the German Empire. I hope the Leader of the Confederation sees sense and surrenders as there will be no mercy for him if he doesn't."

Hermann Schmidt Leader of the SPD

OOC: lol, goodbye Confederation.

Under one roof, such as the Holy Roman Empire, Germans can live together in stability and order because of deft and unmerciful force or good governing and compassion. To unite our brothers we must have a gleam of greater power, but political and social reforms that suggest that they will be not only welcomed, but free in a new and greater German Empire. The kaiser may have acted on bad information, I for one give my deepest sympathies to these "rebels" trying to defend their lives and liberties. Let us put aside this petty squable and pick up arms against the real threat, the actual culprits of the assassination attempt. Ave Imperator!

-Loyal Citizen
Carloman von Habsburg

Last edited:
OOC: It was a good run, and I tried my hardest to make the best of the situations thrown at me ever since I was framed for 'attempting a coup'. But I'm still going to go down fighting!

With the power invested in me by the previous office of Helmuth Von Moltke the Younger, and through my status as Chancellor and Leader of the German Confederation, I do hereby decree that from here on out, the office of Chancellor shall be the Head of State of the German Confederation, and shall be able to institute Emergency Decrees at will in order to ensure the survival of the German Confederation State. Using the power invested in me by the German People and by the offices that I hold, I therefore institute the first of these Emergency decrees:

Emergency Decree 001

The Reichstag and elected government on the federal level of the German Confederation is hereby suspended in order for centralization of Government affairs and the Conduct of the War.​

Emergency Decree 002​

In order to ensure orderly conduct and the quick suppression of traitors to Germany, a Military Police force shall be stationed in urban areas under the control of the German Confederation, responsible for the overseeing and enforcement of the Police and the laws they are sworn to protect and uphold in the urban area and the rural areas surrounding it.​

"Not only does the Confederate 'Chancellor' centralize power under himself, but he creates a military police! The Confederation is now truly a police state. People of Germany, leave behind this failed state, this Confederation; come back to the Reich! Come back to the people that love you and our great Germany so, and leave these evil dictators behind! Do not give them your money or you support; give them no young men to have killed for the pursuit of their own goals and ambitions! Rise up against this evil and illegitimate Confederation; fight for the one, true Germany!"

~ Friedrich von Weiss
Royalist

Due to your totalitarian approach to this situation, your people should be more than happy to defect to the Empire. I do not wish that you force uncooperative men to shot their brothers down because of your stubbornness.

I will also welcome Hermann Schmidt back the German Empire with Full Amnesty. Now that this power-mad dictator has seized complete control of the rebellion, I ask all Germans in the occupied areas to please return to the German Empire, you will be offered Full Amnesty, and together we can fight off these vile invaders!

~Chancellor Reinhart von und zu Birkenfeld

The failures of this confederation is apparent; its ministers are fleeing at every possible juncture, and with them, the Kaiser and the Imperial forces will regain control of Germany. The Confederation has proven itself to be nothing more than the spawn of a madmans ravings and corruption; von Ulrich will be captured and executed for his treason. He has one chance though, as survival; he can surrender to the Imperial forces, the rightful forces of Germany, and plead for his life. The Reich must stand united, and must fight off the French and Russian aggressors, or it will falter... and the grand dream of Bismark, of Germany greatness and prosperity, will die thanks to the bribery, the treachery, adn the tyranny of one man.

Soldiers of teh Confederation, return to the Empire! Rejoin the Reich and protect Germany lands, lives, and freedoms from the Entente invaders, invited by your very 'leader!'

The madman and despot that has thrown us upon the edge of the abyss has finally proven himself to be nothing but that. Germans! Soldiers of the Confederation! Do not throw away your lives for this raving lunatic's whimsical notions, do not destroy this nation by descending with him into the madness that is his French-controlled police state! Return into the arms of your fatherland, and there will be no charge levied against you, and no prejudice held against you. Return to defend your Kaiser and your fellow countrymen from this megalomaniac and his French and Russian puppeteers; return to the womb of your mother, the country that you love and swore to protect.
Even von Urlich's vice chancellor and his ministers leave the sinking ship after von Moltke had sought new shores and after this farce of the German Confederation was revealed. This is not the German, but the French Confederation that you are currently defending against your fatherland, and thus I ask you to do what is right: Leave this despot and defend your country and your countrymen from the despicable French and the deplorable Russians! No longer may there be single divide among us Germans; no longer may brother be separated from brother, or father from son, and no longer may you, sons of Germany, be separated from your one and true fatherland. Defend it! Defend it, for it is truly worth defending. May this darkest hour of our fatherland be the crucible on which we are reformed, and it shall be the finest hour of the German people. Fight for them! Fight for your families, for your towns! Fight for your Kaiser, my fellow countrymen!

Reactions: