• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(489659)

Private
1 Badges
May 12, 2012
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Well,

today I launched NWAC to try it again and found the game updated to Ver. 1.0.7. With growing hope that the game now got rid of that freezing bug I started a quick mission. Few minutes (two or so) it went on with units moving over the map. But then the bug was back! :-(

For all of the guys that call me a troll ´cos I don´t supply any helpful information to solve the problem here´s now my observation concerning the bug: while all movement on the map is frozen, the game goes on. I get messages of sightings and missile impacts and at the end the mission has ended. So I suppose the bug is a clear graphics issue... Come on, Turbo Tape Crew, get that bug wiped out, then it will be a really funny game worth it´s bucks. Sorry to say, but at the current status it´s not... :-(

@ JanH and BjörnB: this post isn´t trollish at all, is it?

Upvote 0
You will note the patch is for the steam workshop. IF you'd been reading the forums you'd of known this.

To date they have not been able to replicate the bug that we have been experiencing and can only go on the logs and data files that we send in. which makes it not so much a case of looking for a needle in a haystack, but rather like looking for a particular needle amongst a haystack sized pile of like needles....

I am as frustrated as you buddy, but hammering the devs with complaints and negativity does NOT fix the game magically. And apart from your statement in here which has been said multiple times by multiple people in other threads you aren't really contributing much to this issue.....
My advice?
Put the game away, pretend you lost that $20 out of your wallet, regularly check these forums for fixes OR come back in a month or two, and if it still doesnt work then its just tough luck for us.... and dont go on about wasting good money. I am a disabled pensioner, I KNOW the value of money...

Well, I´ll give it a try. Here´s the log of today´s freezed game:

Warning - 10:40:12 AM.859 ** GameData->CreateUnit: Unit [FMO] (NATO Airport) spawned on low ground and is moved up. Height 1349m
Warning - 10:40:12 AM.953 ** Unit [FRG] Boeing P-8A Poseidon FRG (Boeing P-8A Poseidon) return unit not found. Unknow tag 'andoya'.
Warning - 10:40:13 AM.15 ** GameData->CreateUnit: Unit [FTT] (Russian Airport) spawned on low ground and is moved up. Height 421m

And apart from your statement in here which has been said multiple times by multiple people in other threads you aren't really contributing much to this issue.....

Well, is it still the task of more customers to contribute ,more input to that issue? There have been many many logfiles contributed, but for what? I just want the devs to give all they can to fix it. But sorry, I have not the feeling that they are doing so... instead we didn´t hear anything new from them for weeks... And that´s so much frustrating and makes me angry. As told many times before - we´re not talking of any bugged freeware or a fan project. We´re talking of a commercial product that people pay for. And therefore my expectations of the company arte that that take us serious!
But as long as we say "Chill out, keep calm and wait few months, maybe it´s fixed then.." the crew itself will chill out, keep cool and relax...

Anyway, there´s no need for me to stay here with this community! As you said before - I take the 20 bucks to be thrown in the gutter. bye bye, NWAC, I´m out!