• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(422512)

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Dec 11, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Pillars of Eternity
In my last game I noticed a few irregularities. Gran Columbian nationals took over all of Columbia (except for its capital). Isn't that a little silly, considering GC should be a just a larger Columbia, like a union country? You wouldn't see German nationals in Prussia, you'd see pan-nationals. I saw the same thing in Guatemala, where USCA nationals took over. Should these both be union countries?

Yea, wrong type of rebels.

Indeed. One can only hope this is fixed asap. It's been long enough since this hasn't been fixed.
Perhaps even more annoying is that the new country doesn't even attack the isolated Bogotá state, ever. Perhaps some buff on the soldier pops in these lands would be in order.

Was playing as Colombia one time, got to GP status and sphered/conquered Ecuador and Venezuela and then Gran Colombian Nationalists rose up in Venezuela. I was at 22 Infamy and wouldve had to wait ages for it to go down, reconquer them and then form the Union myself. Quite annoying.

Does anyone know how to change them from normal nationalists to Pan-nationalists? Surely this mustve been reported before?

The problem is that Gran Colombia is not set up as a cultural union-- thus its cores (which exist at the beginning of the game) are treated as another country's cores and not as a union, and the only way for a country to turn into Gran Colombia is via the decision.

To set it up as a cultural union, you'd need to move north_andean out of the latin_american_cultures culture group and into its own. The better way would be to remove the Gran Colombia cores at the beginning of the game and instead change the "Form Gran Colombia" decision to apply the cores at that time.

But. Unlike Italy or Germany, noone would want GC to form in almost every game.

That's simply not true. Any bigger war between Prussia and France/Russia can result with multiple minors being vulnerable to a rebellion. Time and place until you get Pan/Nats.

I haven't seen German pan-nationalist yet. Anyway, Prussia usually doesn't get herself involved in big wars before forming the NGF, and the same goes for Colombia.

No. The pan-nationalist in Germany hardly ever appear. The same could go for GC.

I fail to see why this is a problem, considering there were never any pan-nationalist movements of any particular importance or relevance after Gran Colombia split.

The possibility should be there, yes, but its likelihood should not be over-exaggerated just because people like when to see it happen.