• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(497946)

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
May 29, 2012
  • A Game of Dwarves
Hi.

My normal account is Gazz2.

I was looking for a more eye-friendly display than this dark-on-dark default theme so I checked out the available themes.

No problem until... I found out that the "Mobile" theme has no general settings.
Once you select this theme, there is no possibility to ever change it back because such a page simply doesn't exist in that theme. Or if it does, it doesn't load for me, which amounts to the same thing.
(I have tried this with both MSIE 9 and Firefox 12)

Could a moderator or admin please set the "Gazz2" account to anything other than "Mobile theme"?

Thank you.

PS: A very visible warning text at the theme selection would have been swell. =)

logout then clear your cookies and temp internet files.

Sorry, that does not work.

I tried this with 2 different browsers but the forum display theme is saved in the account data, not on my system.

That is why I posted the request for a moderator or admin to edit the account. I would do it myself but the setting to change it back from "Mobile" does not exist in the "Mobile" theme.
That's a bug I cannot work around myself...

If you go to the "News" page there should be an option there.

You're right, there is an option called Settings.
It simply does not work if your account is using the Mobile Theme.

Once you select the Mobile theme on this forum you are stuck with it forever.
I cannot fix this myself because I have to go through the normal forum software in which the setting does not exist... in the mobile theme.

This is the exact message you're getting when trying to edit the general forum settings while on the Mobile Theme:
Your Forum Software said:
We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style.
Click Here to go to the Forum Homepage.

scroll down and click on "full version" or something like that. it brings me back to the normal version when it accidentally loads the mobile one for me. not sure if does help when you changed it manually though.

Oh, that works... in a way. It does show the normal forum layout with the option to go to the settings page.

Now when you try to go to the settings page...
Your Forum Software said:
We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style.
Click Here to go to the Forum Homepage.

All means to edit the forum settings call on the same page so when you try to access it from anywhere by any means, you get the message above.
I wonder who came up with that idea. That person is now sitting somewhere and laughing, and laughing...

Oh, that works... in a way. It does show the normal forum layout with the option to go to the settings page.

Now when you try to go to the settings page...

All means to edit the forum settings call on the same page so when you try to access it from anywhere by any means, you get the message above.
I wonder who came up with that idea. That person is now sitting somewhere and laughing, and laughing...

well, the mobile version of the forum never worked so it isn't surprising that the mobile them doesn't fully work either.

Then it would be pretty awesome if they put a big fat warning on the Settings page to tell users that the "Mobile" theme doesn't work anyway and is a perfect way to irrecoverably trash your account.

If this was a game, this feature would be a big red button on the screen, inviting you to click it.
It's sole function is to make you lose the game instantly.

I have changed your theme, It could be you are having trouble returning to normal because you have no games registered and have been a member less than 5 days, this limits your access to features somewhat. It could be that changes made after the mobile skin was made need to be incorporated into it.

Thanks.
Can you tell me about when the change will take effect? Is there some kind of server maintenance that will include it?
(yes, I did the cache / cookie clearing dealy just in case)

At this time my account Gazz2 is still stuck on this ****** theme.

Without the trash account Gazz2z2z2z2z2 I wouldn't have been able to post anything at all. I tried but this theme is FUBAR.
That's why the account is so new.

My bad, I have now reset the original account now

Most awesome. Thank you. =)

Now using the HOI theme because it offers a lot more reading contrast than the forum default and features far better visual organisation.
Important texts are in the clear and have great background contrast, less immediately useful info like post counts fades a little into the background, not distracting from the "meat" of the forum content.

Last edited:
Hi,

I made the same mistake in changing my forum theme to Mobile and am unable to change it back. Can you please reset my theme as well. If there is a better place to request this, please let me know. Thank you!

You should be sorted now,

Status
Not open for further replies.