• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just realised, looking at the map, the nations are in a quite interesting pattern, have to say.

FYI to Bugwar: in the universe of the books, steam engines also stopped working. He calls himself out on the fact that that makes no sense, but its a way of closing loopholes against any technology beyond the crossbow and windmill.

Last edited:
PacCol.png

Pacific Columbia

Colour: Dark Green

Leader: Admiral John Williams

Capital: San Diego

Starting location: Los Angeles

National Bonus: Natural Leader

The change may have turned the ships and guns of the United States Navy and Marine Corps into nothing more than giant paperweights, but it couldn't do away with the discipline and devotion of their men and women, not to mention the unarmed combat training of many of them. As much of the world collapsed into chaos, the forces stationed in and around San Diego maintained order through martial law (even at the end of improvised spears at times). As the violence dies down the marine and sailors, their families and the assorted civilians who have taken refuge in the San Diego safezone are ready to set out to build a new civilisation for themselves.

Last edited:
FYI to Bugwar: in the universe of the books, steam engines also stopped working. He calls himself out on the fact that that makes no sense, but its a way of closing loopholes against any technology beyond the crossbow and windmill.

Thanks for the update. I am glad now that I did not buy any of the books. I would have stopped reading inside of the first chapter. I take it that lightning does not strike in his universe, water does not boil, and brains function without electrical activity. That is way too large a suspension of disbelief. Though the lack of brain function would probably make sense from what I have heard about the characters in the books actions. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Deag; I honestly only read the first five chapters before the Devil-worshiping got to me.

Anyway, I decided to allow steam power, since it would allow us to have some semblance of sense as for why the nations can get so large.

Polar Mongoose! Great to see you join the party. I'll update the map right now. One more player, and I can start early if you all want. Or if the first rolls around and we only have seven, I still think it's going to be a good game.

Thanks for the info Deag; I honestly only read the first five chapters before the Devil-worshiping got to me.

Anyway, I decided to allow steam power, since it would allow us to have some semblance of sense as for why the nations can get so large.

Polar Mongoose! Great to see you join the party. I'll update the map right now. One more player, and I can start early if you all want. Or if the first rolls around and we only have seven, I still think it's going to be a good game.

I think you might be confusing your SM Stirling apocolypses. Dies the Fire is mainly cannibalism, devil worship is more Peshawar Lancers. :D At least until the later books introduce the Cutters, though IMO the series went downhill after that.

I think you might be confusing your SM Stirling apocolypses. Dies the Fire is mainly cannibalism, devil worship is more Peshawar Lancers. :D At least until the later books introduce the Cutters, though IMO the series went downhill after that.

Aren't the coven and that protagonist witches? The fusion of witch stuff with the story was taken juuust a bit too far for me. It detracted from it to the point where I couldn't immerse myself or enjoy it anymore.

And cannibalism is big in both, thank you very much. At least it is in Peshawar, not just DtF as you say. I'm not sure about it being in DtF as I did not complete the novel; I simply enjoyed the idea behind it, and thought it would make for a good IOT.

What are Cutters? :blush:

Aren't the coven and that protagonist witches? The fusion of witch stuff with the story was taken juuust a bit too far for me. It detracted from it to the point where I couldn't immerse myself or enjoy it anymore.

And cannibalism is big in both, thank you very much. At least it is in Peshawar, not just DtF as you say. I'm not sure about it being in DtF as I did not complete the novel; I simply enjoyed the idea behind it, and thought it would make for a good IOT.

What are Cutters? :blush:

The Church Universal and Triumphant. They'd be the actual devil-worshipers. They show up around the fourth book

Eh, almost at the level of arguing semantics. The point is, I didn't read the books fully, but got a fair grasp of them to make a game. Fine?

In other news, Summer Glau... are you a browncoat?

The One that Speaks with the Spirit says: all you need to read to make a game is the first 20 pages... based on what I've read about the books, my nook will not be given the opportunity of hosting them. :)

Eh, almost at the level of arguing semantics. The point is, I didn't read the books fully, but got a fair grasp of them to make a game. Fine?

In other news, Summer Glau... are you a browncoat?

NP, we're just taking the basic premise then. That actually soothes my mind, as there's no way I could work my Madison-based college state into the world of the books. Also steam power being allowed makes a lot of things make more sense.

And as for Summer Glau, are you serious? Are bears catholic? Does the Pope poo in the woods? :D

Hmm. Apparently, IOT: Peshawar was based off a game over at Civfanatics, which earned the wrath of some frequenters of that cite who played their version. Case in point: Double A.

First off, you don't have to be a prick about it. I was unaware that GBIT stole his ruleset from your group, and so when I created this game I had no clue that this would occur. You reaction is unjustified, and rather a PM such as that by one Ninja which explained the situation would have been much more in order.

Here is the original cite, which I suppose this game owes its origin to: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=444560

I do offer my complete apologies to any offended party, while maintaining my disdain for such acute backlash for my ignorance. I shall update the OP to cite your game.

I do offer my complete apologies to any offended party, while maintaining my disdain for such acute backlash for my ignorance. I shall update the OP to cite your game.

AA can come off as abrasive, but he rarely actually means it.

And yes, it was definitely an overreaction by some parties; I personally really like to see the spread of Imperium OffTopicum.

For the most part we were unaware of the existence of this community. We heard tales long ago about an attempt to export it here (as well as later attempts at TvTropes and the Alternate History forum), but nothing seemed to come of it.

Because our community is older, we have many maps and such available (some of which will seem quite familiar, as they are from Paradox games or from custom maps on these forums), and several games with quite different rulesets and foci. I highly suggest checking out the map thread and perhaps some of the more recent games; cross pollination would be good for both communities.

Last edited:
Hmm. I couldn't find a map thread, and all the ones I saw were either not of earth or were the entire globe. Where exactly is this thread?

funny. I was about to edit that, since I found it. I was looking under forum games, not IOT :blush:

I am an idiot.

My main complaint is that the borders aren't crisp. Not sure what you did, but I can try to fix it.

My other complaints are that Nashville and Tulepo look ridiculous. Giving Nash part of Roanoke would make it look much better, or you could try splitting Tn/Ky up differently. Tulepo and panhandles in general just need to die. :p