• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Agent Larkin

Major
47 Badges
Mar 19, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Gettysburg
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Howdy I just have a couple of quick questions for some low level modding I want to do for an upcoming AAR.

1: Is it possible to make a skin for a country? For example could I make a skin for Egypt showing different art instead of the default?

2: Can I add the tech teams from one country to another country without having to edit them? For example could I take The Springfield Armoury from the US and put it in Mexico as a tech team?

3: How do I change what units (as in the units shown instead of counters) a country uses? For example How do I change it so that the Units of Ireland look the same as the Units for Britian?

I may have more questions in the future but for the moment this is all that's causing me a hold up. Thanks in advance.

In order:
1. Yes, you can. The skins are in \gfx\skins\tag, where tag is the country that will load the skins.

2. AFAIK, no. No without editing the files or tech team take over.

3. No idea, sorry.

3: How do I change what units (as in the units shown instead of counters) a country uses? For example How do I change it so that the Units of Ireland look the same as the Units for Britian?

It depends on what element of the unit display you want to change.

If you want to change the units as shown in the build panel and the individual unit display (i.e. the still pictures of available units) you can find them in DH/gfx/interface/models. Because Ireland is a minor nation it uses the hand drawn default images and doesn't have entries of it's own. So, to get Irish units displayed using the same pics as the British (listed there as ENG) you'd first have to make copies of the English-look units you wanted to have available to Ireland, then substitute IRE for ENG in each of the titles - and of course remove the 'Copy of' prefix.

If you want to change the Sprites (the images that move around on the game map) you can find them in the DH/gfx/map/units/bmp folder. You'd have to go through the same copy and renaming procedure. In this case, though, there will be multiple images for each unit to allow the sprite to move, so you'll have a lot more copying, cutting, and pasting to do. Someone else will be able to give you the definitive answer for this, but I'm guessing you'd also have to copy and rename the supporting sprite files that are found 'loose' in the units folder.

Hope that helps a little.

If you want to change the Sprites (the images that move around on the game map) you can find them in the DH/gfx/map/units/bmp folder. You'd have to go through the same copy and renaming procedure. In this case, though, there will be multiple images for each unit to allow the sprite to move, so you'll have a lot more copying, cutting, and pasting to do. Someone else will be able to give you the definitive answer for this, but I'm guessing you'd also have to copy and rename the supporting sprite files that are found 'loose' in the units folder.

It should actually be enough to edit the Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\db\country.csv file.

ArmyNationalitySprite collum