• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can PERSONALLY assure you that this Firaxis X-Com sequel is indeed a true successor to the original, having both the tactical, strategy and campaign elements. But with both evolved quite heavily to reduce tediousness in the UI and routine management. Xenonauts is an admirable CLONE but only a clone, as we can still play the original with Dos-Box I don't particularly see what need Xenonauts fills however well made it may be.
They have taken many areas to a whole new level than what was in the 80s version. Air combat for one. You actualy have to work at shooting down the UFOs. It's quite awesome and the early demo beta version they threw out there awhile back and tried out. I would "hope" it gets even better than what was in even that version - and am sure it will. I'm not in the Beta or anything but did get a hold of the demo beta they had. Looked very promising.
:)

I can PERSONALLY assure you that this Firaxis X-Com sequel is indeed a true successor to the original, having both the tactical, strategy and campaign elements. But with both evolved quite heavily to reduce tediousness in the UI and routine management. Xenonauts is an admirable CLONE but only a clone, as we can still play the original with Dos-Box I don't particularly see what need Xenonauts fills however well made it may be.

I have to agree here. The new X-Com is the only new game I've actually been impressed with on release, and a good successor to the original games in many ways. Xenonauts is a clone, and thats it. It offers little new and doesn't seem to even fully grasp the original atmosphere. I wish them well, but theres no reason i'd pick up Xenonauts over the original UFO Defence or TFTD or even Xcom Apoc.

On topic..... I stopped watching the Yogscast a long time ago because it got boring and got more and more childish, but these videos are very good for a short peek at the game.