• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(471897)

Private
7 Badges
Apr 3, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Dear forum-users,

I have been playing the Mount and blade: Warband single player for a very long time. I just buyed the Napoleon DCL on steam and now i want to play online.
But when i want to play online in both the native warband and the DCL, i can't connect to servers. When i start the game, i see 2 cd keys, one for the original game and one for the DLC, but i can't figure out where i need to activate them. Furthermore I also cant activate them here on the forum when i copy the cd-keys. Then i get the message that the cd is "invalid".

I know it's kind of a dumb question, sorry! :p

Kind regards,
prussianglory

Firstly - there is no forum icon for the NW mod, the Napoleon Expansion in the "My games" page is for Napoleons Ambition (EU3 expansion)

Secondly - Steam ran out of keys for NW for a while. Might not affect you since you have two keys, but steam should handle keys automatically anyway..

Try restarting steam, and I'll pass your question on upwards. (P-dox is investigating what is happening with all these Steam key issues)

Hi there,

Exactly what happens when you try to connect to MP games? Do you see the server list populate and you are denied when trying to enter a game or does it not populate at all? Any error message?

It is not possible to register M&B on the forums due to reasons we don't have to talk about. But the forums are open anyways.

Good, people are usually quite fast to reply due to number of people online at any one time. I hope you're problem can be solved.

Fixed it.

I have 2 rgl.config.txt files. In both files there is a line called ''use_secure_connection = 1''
Set it to "use_secure_connection = 0" in both files and it's fixed. =)

They are in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband

Hello, after (multi)playing it for a few days, I also suddenly experience the "unable to connect" error.

Checking the RGL file, secure connection was already 0, and I can't find the file in other locations...

Any suggestions?