Idea? and Victoria 2 early Sprite pack Uniforms set in the Victorian area. or better

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

donofwar3

First Lieutenant
10 Badges
Aug 31, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
It would be cool if they mad a game Like Valkyrie chronicles story a total mad up world and story . When I say Valkyrie Chronicle I don't meant the game play I mean the story the big picture it would have Victoria 2 type game play you pick how you want to play and you make it great. I made up world with history plots in it. that would be cool to see come form Paradox Interactive.

well back to Victoria 2
when am I going to get a Sprite pack uniforms for the early years in Victoria 2. I mean Pride of Nations got some nice looking uniforms in it set in the same time period of this game Victorian area. So anybody form Paradox Interactive want to tell me something new I'm ears are open.

O so far I have all DLC for this Game keep up the good work. :ninja:

I always imagined that a 3-tiered system of uniform changes would work best for the period that Vic2 covers.

All nations would start off with uniforms that are actually circa 1830-40, then researching Breech-Loading Rifles would unlock the next appearance which would correspond roughly to what most nations have now in vanilla. Bolt-action rifles would work the same, though I'd say its minimum date for research should be pushed back to 1890.

To be honest my only real problem with the uniforms in vanilla is the horrendous 'tracksuit' the non-GP countries receive after researching Bolt-Action Rifles. They don't even resemble anything actually used in WW1, and just detract from the graphical experience when put up against fine looking sprites like those of Russia or France.

Eh? The uniforms used are fairly accurate to the early part of this era.

Not really. Only the for British, Germans and Swedes (iirc) have there been made any real effort on getting the uniform features right rather than just assigning 3 different colours. I really like the interwar spritepack if you bear in mind the types of uniforms they wore around and following WWI, at least when it finally comes into play, but it's a shame that all the vibrant and highly distinctive uniforms of the earlier part of the 19th century are left substituted by a dress which is quite bland and frankly not correct. Of course, gameplay is much more important than this (really, a non-issue) and resources are limited, but I think it's a bit deceptive to call the uniforms "fairly accurate".