• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MyFaceBurns

Major
58 Badges
Mar 23, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Gettysburg
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
What's the strangest/most exciting/confusing/best thing to ever happen in your game? In my game, the Holy Roman Empire broke up (still dunno how), Wales took over the UK and France - and the Mongol Horde has almost completely destroyed the Byzantine Empire! As for me, I'm playing as a rather flustered Poland.

Well in my game as Poland, the first wife of my character was... a Bedouin. At least that's what her culture said, anyway, she was basically a courtier I found who had both the Genius and the Strong traits (though my character-at-the-time, my current one's father, was also Strong). So this resulted in the interesting fact that my two eldest son's are, in fact, Polish Catholics, with Polish names... who look like Muslims. The way things are going, one of them is very much going to be king, so that's going to be incredibly bizarre.

Oddly enough, his kids seem to be white, probably because he did marry European women. I guess there's a bit of a genetic factor there.

That reminds me of when I accidentally turned the Holy Roman Empire into a Muslim Empire... probably shouldn't've married Muslims so much.

ck2_map_1.jpg

ck2_map_3.jpg

The first picture is a year or two before the second one. I figured it would be a little easier to explain with them. So First off the only continental wars I have fought was with Poland (I took Denamrk and Lithuania from Poland) and one with Beja. First off, both Norway and Sweden are fighting civil wars over the crown. Finland is split between them with Poland having the tip. Sweden as is fighting Norway pushing a claim on their throne. Aquitaine actually pushed the claim on the English throne and won. Then two assassinations later (not from me) They decided to have a huge revolt. This doesn't show it but I (Ireland) just got done dealing with revolts in Spain and one in Scotland. The HRE has been fighting down independence wars for 20ish years, usually at least two or three dukes at a time. Amazingly the ERE is doing fine.

Shortly after the second picture Hungary goes through a massive civil war barely managing to restore order before the Golden Horde declares war and vassalizes them. Then both hordes have massive revolts with at least half their land rebelling. Amazingly the ERE hasn't had that many revolts. All in all the world just decided to throw a riot. It was interesting.

Playing the CK2Plus mod as the Norse Swedes, I watched a Waldenesian get elected to the Imperial throne.

Within thirty years or so, the entire Empire had vanished, with Bavaria and Bohemia being the 'successor states.' Eventually, Bavaria went on to form Germany.

That was a gooooood game.

Playing the CK2Plus mod as the Norse Swedes, I watched a Waldenesian get elected to the Imperial throne.

Within thirty years or so, the entire Empire had vanished, with Bavaria and Bohemia being the 'successor states.' Eventually, Bavaria went on to form Germany.

That was a gooooood game.
I envy you. In my game Norway decided to inherit into the Empire and nothing can stop them from slowly gobbling away at my painstakingly formed Norse Sweden. I don't know what to do. I don't have enough cash to introduce courtiers until I have ones with decent stats, and I have not much to draw from in marriage stock. I'm thinking about starting over in hopes my next Norse game goes more like yours.

I envy you. In my game Norway decided to inherit into the Empire and nothing can stop them from slowly gobbling away at my painstakingly formed Norse Sweden. I don't know what to do. I don't have enough cash to introduce courtiers until I have ones with decent stats, and I have not much to draw from in marriage stock. I'm thinking about starting over in hopes my next Norse game goes more like yours.

This was before the mod ended up removing Warrior Cults, so Norse Sweden was essentially the power-house of Europe.

That and it was fun watching the Germans squabble with their petty feuds as I picked away at the baltic coast of Poland and the north German remnants.

Renamed my capital to 'Pirate Bay' only to receive the shipwreck event shortly thereafter. All the players in the game got a fairly good chuckle.

Can't say I've seen it! Can you explain? :3

In my current game Pope Alexander had a bastard baby girl who at 11 years old is an anti-pope

Playing an older version of The Prince and the Thane I had a ruler live to 103. Saros I the Fat, reigned from 1158 to 1242, had 24 children and was eventually succeeded by his Great Grandson who was already in his late 20's by that point. Despite being called 'the Fat' since about a week after he came to the throne, he just would not die, he never even got the infirm trait, just keeled over from 'old age' one day.

saros.jpg

in my latest (Brythain) game, France is lead from asturias by a king-bishop (I believe that's the exact title), while the muslims invaded and conquered gascogne, and toulouse, only to give one to me (Gascogne from a crusade where I had enough piety to get 2 holy orders), and Toulouse to everyone's favourite buddy, the kaiser.
Apparently the english have real troubles to control their dukes, so both York and Hereford are independent (well, Hereford not anymore), and Golden Horde is very stable has almost everything between Norway, HRE and ERE.

In my game (Hingary -> Jerusalem) the Byzantine Empire annexed the HRE, and over the course of the next few hundred years converted all of central Europe to Orthodox. But Rus went Catholic and the King of Rus was also Grandmaster of the Teutonic Order.

Oh, and the king of Scotland (which owned all of the British Isles) inherited the Golden Horde.

In my spain game I released portugal, which somehow ended up inheriting everything that makes up the UK---England, scotland, wales, and north ireland. Of course they had constant wars and for a while fights with Norway. In fact the territory seemed to rotate for awhile between them.

Weirdest thing though was France, which was somehow taken over by the Golden Horde. But, the entirety of France seemed to switch control every few months between France indpendent, Portugal, and Golden Horde. It was like they were just taking turns ruling the territory, continually switching. In the same game, after taking France, the Golden Horde converted to Catholicism. Wacky game.

My current game: Byzantine Empire broke up in the beginning after the Emperor converted to Monophysite. Everybody declared war on him but eventually the Emperor prevailed and had everybody converted to Monophysite. Then a German Catholic dynasty inherited the Byzantine Empire, making everybody convert to Catholicism. Eventually, Mongol Crusaders. Also, Byzantine Empire is actually dying, Seljuk Turks have been munching on the eastern borders while I, a former vassal of the Byzantine Emperor who inherited Croatian lands after the Byzantine Emperor stripped my titles for being a foreigner and sticking to the true faith of Orthodox then converted to Catholicism by respect of my Croatian Catholic liege, been munching on the western borders.