• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cultural tradition allows you to choose advisers. The higher the tradition while choosing, the more stars the adviser tends to have. That's what those heads above the make painting option are for.

I vote Poland

Too bad to see Tver's king die so early.

I also vote Poland. Lithuania declared war on Tver, so they won't attack you immediately. Use that to your advantage to start some sieges ;) .

I just read the Randomness AAR, and got the idea to switch my country each time my ruler dies. So that's what I'm going to do. I should note that I am not very good at EUIII, which will have been compounded by not having played this game since 2011. So I'm counting on you, the reader, to point out my mistakes and suggest better strategies for next time.

I'm just now booting up the game, so I will hopefully have the first update posted later today (assuming I can find the screenshot folder).

EDIT: Is it possible to change the title? Because I tried and the title change is not visible on the board. I don't want people to think is a multiple-person AAR.

What is the Randomness AAR you referred to? Neat concept.

Search didn't reveal anything but this seems to be it if anyone else was looking : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?568678-A-Descent-into-Madness-A-Random-EU-3-AAR

Last edited:
Chapter 5: Poland (Part I)

This is the situation at launch. Poland's king was inaugurated only two years ago, so hopefully he will be with us longer than Tver's king.

EU3_96.jpg

My very first move is a declaration of war on Hungary.

EU3_97.jpg

Some bad news...I accidentally took a loan and rebels are occupying my non-contiguous Baltic provinces.

EU3_98.jpg

But the good news is I took three provinces off of Hungary. Yes, I only had a Cassus Belli for one, but my infamy was at 0 so it's no big deal.

EU3_99.jpg

The next interesting thing to happen is Tver dragging me into a war with Zaphorozhie. In the previous years I have been running around putting down rebellions (because Poland has The Peasants War) and helping my tech along. I'm a month or two away from Land tech 9, after which I will invade Lithuania.

EU3_100.jpg

EDIT: ARG, didn't mean to hit post. Oh well, Part 2 will be here very soon.

Last edited:
Chapter 5: Poland (Part II)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Hungary strikes back! Excommunication. I guess I'll have to belay those plans of attacking Lithuania, because Bohemia has warned me and they are a land tech above me.

EU3_101.jpg

Huzzah! The Peasants War has ended!

EU3_102.jpg

Whoa, that was random. A new king.

EU3_103.jpg

That was a rather uneventful round. My grand plans were spoiled by high revolt risk and then excommunication. Below is a map of Europe and the Near East in December of 1493.

EU3_104.jpg

And here is the World Map.

EU3_MAP_POL_14931228_1.jpg

Where to next?

Last edited:
Mamluks for sure!

Go to India and take Viaj up or down.

Would you look at that? Castille sure looks like fun! 8D

I say take Tyrone and form Ireland :) .

Chapter 6: Mameluks (Part I)

We begin at war with Vijayanagar, who attacked Mutapa and thus drew the Mameluks in. As you can see, we have a Great ruler, a 8/7/8, who I will try to use to the best of my ability. Don't get your hopes up. The Mameluks have numerous 15 man stacks, so I ordered three more cogs built so that the red sea fleet can relieve the stack besieging a northern Vijayanagar province, hardly visible on the below map.

EU3_105.jpg

I check my budget while giving you a tech overview. GAH! AI minting!

EU3_106.jpg

The first time I unpause this game is greeted by all good news. Qara Koyunlu of course want to make peace, but I'm colonizing their lands, and there will be no peace untl their people are wiped off the map. MwahahaHAHAHAHA...............ehem.

EU3_107.jpg

I get a new slider move and go towards innovative, which will be helpful to the future Mameluk state when it is time to Westernize.

EU3_108.jpg

And then this happens.

EU3_109.jpg

That was once two 15,000 stacks. 30,000 men lost in this war! It would take several months of back and forth before Vijayanagar finally accepted white peace.

EU3_110.jpg

As soon as we have peace, we are called to war by Adal. No thanks.

EU3_111.jpg

Then what's left of the Ottomans call on me, but I have no desire to get involved in a war with Naples.

EU3_112.jpg

Instead, I annex Ethiopia. Poor Ethiopia, my first country destroyed by the Mameluks yet again.

EU3_113.jpg

Trololol Paradox.

EU3_114.jpg

Next I declare war on Adal, which I completely forgot to take a screenshot of. They were allied with Funj and Dulkadir; below is me annexing Funj (Suakin) and completing my mission. Didn't realize the cost would be that high though. I probably should have declare war on Funj with the relevant Cassus Belli at the same time as declaring war on Adal to prevent that.

EU3_115.jpg

But hey, at this point 8 more infamy can't hurt. I annex Dulkadir.

EU3_116.jpg

I vassalized Adal, so now it's just me vs. Persia, who foolishly jumped to Adal's defense.

EU3_117.jpg

Persia was actually doing fairly well against my larger stacks; I think they must have better troop types. But then the Timurids invaded and they had to cut a deal.

EU3_118.jpg

With that war finished, I'm going to go eat. Expect Part 2 soon and starting thinking about who I should play as in Chapter 8.

Last edited:
Chapter 6: Mameluks (Part II)

This part starts wit a bit of a derp because I forgot to take a screenie of me annexing Algeria. Oh well, here is the "after".

EU3_119.jpg

A decade of war (colonization) ends with this peace agreement with the Qara Koyunlu. I'm keeping them around as a buffer between myself and the Nogai, as I have no desire to overextend myself colonizing the steppes.

EU3_120.jpg

A few years later I declare war on just about every Muslim nation I don't have a truce with. I've seen Prawnstar and Homydog and all them do this before; hopefully it works out for me.

EU3_121.jpg

I take Erserum in a quick peace deal from the Ottomans and rush that stack south to assist my other Anatolian army against the numerically inferior but technologically superior Karamans.

EU3_122.jpg

Iraq is then vassalized. I had forgotten about Hedjaz, so I centered this screenshot over their war effort, before realizing that peace with Iraq means peace with Hedjaz! Oh well, all of those troops you see "under construction" can be put to good use; Oman and Karaman, my two remaining "real" enemies (sorry OPM Najid!) are both two land tech levels above me, so I will have to drown them in numbers.

EU3_123.jpg

Karaman was reducing my stacks to rubble, so I took the White Peace offer while I could.

EU3_124.jpg

Then I concentrated all of my might on Oman for this deal. I could have taken more, but I have no desire to wrack war exhaustion and my infamy is already close to the limit.

EU3_125.jpg

After a whole'lot'a R&R, I got that event thing that says "The Timurids are restless and could come over our border at any moment." Took me a while to realize that meant war, but here is a shot of the Timurids at that "Ureka!" moment. Poor Persians...

EU3_126.jpg

I'm not in the mood for another war, so it looks like The Mameluks will take three parts. Feel free to comment!

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOO. I was reading through this thread and realized I skipped my numbering; Naples should be Chapter 3, not 4.

C:\Users\Yelnoc> load ocd.exe

EDIT:

I can't edit post #65!!!!!

2.gif

Last edited:
Very nice territorial gains. I can see how bad your tech level and stability has been affected by it. Your manpower is certainly adequate for the increasing armies you need, but your economy must be strained.

But, you don't have to stick around for long :p . So go get into all the wars you want, even with Europeans. Good luck.

Finally had a chance to sit down and read this AAR; pretty crazy stuff, although I have to say, not nearly enough OPMs :D

Keep it up!

Why can't you edit post 65?

NOOOOOOOOO. I was reading through this thread and realized I skipped my numbering; Naples should be Chapter 3, not 4.

C:\Users\Yelnoc> load ocd.exe

EDIT:

I can't edit post #65!!!!

what change do you need to make to it - if its the title then open edit post, and then the 'advanced' option and you can change anything you need - title/formatting etc etc

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been extremely busy the past week and will be out of town this weekend, but I hope to finish off the Mameluks next week.

what change do you need to make to it - if its the title then open edit post, and then the 'advanced' option and you can change anything you need - title/formatting etc etc
Yes, I want to change the title. When I press "edit post," my screen jumps down to post #67. I cannot access the editing screen at all.