• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(383180)

Banned
1 Badges
Sep 23, 2011
  • Heir to the Throne
It surprises me that,there is no option to recreate the ancient Greek Kingdom,Hellada.

If you play let s say,duke of Epirus,or Thesalonyka the closest kingdom you can form is Serbia...wich is kinda lame.

Or Byzantium,but that means conquering most of the Empire,wich is also kinda lame.

Could it be possible so that in the next patch ,Grecce will have it s own kingdom?

Conquer half of Greece + Anatolia and you can form the kingdom of Byzantium.

If you can name a single king of this alleged "Ancient Greek Kingdom," I will give you an e-cookie. The only Kingdom of Greece I can think of that ever existed didn't originate until the late 19th century.

Of course, if you're thinking of ancient Greek kings like Agamemnon, all you have to do to "create" an analog to those petty kingdoms is be a baron of [insert any random barony in Greece here]. Or, if you're thinking something more like Sparta, you might even aim as high as something like Duke of Achaea (or Athens, Epirus, or Thessaly).

My understanding is that the formable kingdoms are supposed to be those that were either generally regarded (de jure) as existing and or were recognized by the church. During this time period Greece has belong to the roman empire since before the birth of Christ and therefore I cant see how any such Greek kingdom would be recognized.

Hellada was the name given to the land in the south of the Greek peninsula as a place inhabited by the Hellene people. It was never a kingdom ruled by a king. Ancient Greece itself was a collection of city-states cobbled together in various alliances. The nearest analogue to this in the game is Venice or one of the other republics who could by allied via marriage (the only alliance mechanism in the game).

So what you want to do is make every county in Greece independent, then form an alliance via marriage with every one of them. Hey presto! Greece version 2. ;)

If there are descendants of one of the ancient dynasties still around it would be fun to try to reform their lost kingdom, i.e. Macedon etc... I think the various lines of Alexander/Philip vanished around 1AD however, but am sure there may be others still going.

Kingdom of Greece would be anachronistic, a Greek medieval noble would aim to become emperor of Rome, rather than emperor or king of Greece. The Byzantine kingdom can me separated into Asian (Nikea) and European (Thessalinka or Epeiros) parts, Currently the Byzantium kingdom exists as a filler as every province has to be part of a kingdom.

mate i didn t said it existed.

But the all the city states of Ancient Grecce,wanted to unite Grecce under them.So i thought an Greek Kingdom would be plausible.

That was around a thousand and five hundred years before the start of the game.

Any thought of a Greek state beyond either the numerous duchies or the Roman Empire itself is, and has been, good as dead for far longer than anyone can even remember by this point.

To put it another way, it's basically the same thing, only the other way around, as forming Byzantium in V2 (ignoring the fact that you actually can). The idea was dead and gone.

Last edited:
a) ancient Greece had almost exclussively republics. Only exception was Sparta and even then, the kings were ceremonial (there were 2 kings at any given point). Macedonia is also an exception.
b) That would be Hellas for you. Hellada (Ελλάδα) is a modern spelling. Ελλάς is the traditional one
c) Greece in ancient times was never united. Even during Alexander's time, the southern states were tribunaries but not part of the empire.
d) isn't there a mod for this already?

edit: an the idea of a united Greece was not the way modern people think of it. Every city-state had its own nationalism. In reality, the modern "Greek state" we see is mostly a 17th century construct. The ancients were connected through civilization, not roots or nationalism.

a) ancient Greece had almost exclussively republics. Only exception was Sparta and even then, the kings were ceremonial (there were 2 kings at any given point). Macedonia is also an exception.
b) That would be Hellas for you. Hellada (Ελλάδα) is a modern spelling. Ελλάς is the traditional one
c) Greece in ancient times was never united. Even during Alexander's time, the southern states were tribunaries but not part of the empire.
d) isn't there a mod for this already?

edit: an the idea of a united Greece was not the way modern people think of it. Every city-state had its own nationalism. In reality, the modern "Greek state" we see is mostly a 17th century construct. The ancients were connected through civilization, not roots or nationalism.

Your wrong when in regards to Nationalism, the main populace of ancient Greece were of one race so there was only one Nation in Greece, you are on about the greek states? they are different from Nations.

Your wrong when in regards to Nationalism, the main populace of ancient Greece were of one race so there was only one Nation in Greece, you are on about the greek states? they are different from Nations.

And you seem to be mistaken regarding ancient Greece. It was not a homogenous land. The Dorians and Ionians were very different from each other, as were the Aeolians and Achaeans.

I split Byzantium into Epirus, Nicaea and Trebizond. I think it works better that way, as three smaller kingdoms are easier to form and thus more likely to appear. I'm not sure what the point of the kingdom of Byzantium is because it's nearly as big as the actual de jure empire.

It surprises me that,there is no option to recreate the ancient Greek Kingdom,Hellada.

If you play let s say,duke of Epirus,or Thesalonyka the closest kingdom you can form is Serbia...wich is kinda lame.

Or Byzantium,but that means conquering most of the Empire,wich is also kinda lame.

Could it be possible so that in the next patch ,Grecce will have it s own kingdom?

While they are patching that, can they also create the Kingdom of Camelot?

While they are patching that, can they also create the Kingdom of Camelot?

I want the kingdom of AWESOME.

It should be in ehm....

how about Holland? I mean, they have legal weed...

I split Byzantium into Epirus, Nicaea and Trebizond. I think it works better that way, as three smaller kingdoms are easier to form and thus more likely to appear. I'm not sure what the point of the kingdom of Byzantium is because it's nearly as big as the actual de jure empire.

It exists as a placeholder, and is probably large to specifically avoid people creating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.