• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But Meissen should be a lot bigger than Merseburg, Merseburg was mainly just the city itself

I have use the same map you can see in this article. And I have give them a part of the Osterland. Or for a better look here.. One map of 1200 and one map of 1000. So I use Merseburg ans Zeitz as followers of the marches.

I concur, but would it not be better to make it into a entity that could work also with the Oborites? I personally made a county of Wargrien and tied it to Lübeck

Okay... I make it to Wargrien. And rename it after it became part of the HRE and/or Denmark. So okay? ;)

But as you said before, ~8 provinces is the best number... So I think it needs to stay like that. Of course Olesnica is pleased to be added. I was also thinking about Oswiecim, but I wasn't sure about this (if not as Silesia, then maybe Lesser Poland).

Oswiecim is possible, yes.

I have use the same map you can see in this article. And I have give them a part of the Osterland. Or for a better look here.. One map of 1200 and one map of 1000. So I use Merseburg ans Zeitz as followers of the marches.
Okay I understand now, but considering that Osterland got eaten by Meissen and that Merseburg was a bishoppery would it not for gameplay reasons be more fun to give the area to Meissen?

Okay... I make it to Wargrien. And rename it after it became part of the HRE and/or Denmark. So okay? ;)
That would be nice:D, actually the main reason I was mentioning it was that if you made a Oborite Wagrien you could actually replicate the borders of HRE(no Danish march please!), DK and the Wends as they had been for pretty much a 150 years(its that division I have aimed at replicating)

Sorry but that duchies are Lombardic in the meaning not of culture but of the ancient tribe of Lombrads then in italian are 'Longobardi', not 'Lombardi', from 'Lombardia', infact the problem is that in english, i know, there is not the difference from theese terms but the most correct is to say that, in the history, we can't tell about (for example) Gsulf Lombard prince of Salerno, but: Gisulf of the tribe of 'Longobardi' the heas of the fara(that's the collection of whole territorial familiar groups). So in this real meaning, Benevento and Salerno has to be another culture (benevento were normans and salerno greeks-bizantine)but a part of kingdom of italy (tha correctly must be called Longobardia)
I hope not to be misunderstood (i'm italian so.....);)

Not sure about this. Normans just leave some lexical contribution to South Italia. It appears much more the rulers become counties culture than the reverse.
At vanilla, which has very large culture groups, I think italian was fine for South Italia, but if you think to do a more specific cultures I think Calabrian is technically a separated culture from Latin culture goup (evolves directly from latin, not from Italian) for North Calabria (south is greek) and Apulia and Sicilian could be a melting pot for Arabic, Greek and Latin (Norman, Italian and Calabrian) moisture.

I let the Langobardic culture in South Italy. After 1100 it will change to Italian. And to the cultures... Now I use also Arpitan, Leonese and Aragonese. The the Normans use now Norman names. So there is Williame, Robard or Ricard instead of William, Robert or Richard. And Jews will be also in the game (Or better... There were in the game and show as Orthodox... Now there are in game with own culture and religion and probably with new events and a kingdom/county in Ethiopia).

As an little information... Now there are 254 new provinces.

Then for Ruwaard I have play a little bit with Luxemburg. What did he or the others thing about the new concept?

And as an extra for Aasmul...

What did you think about the new Eider?

I let the Langobardic culture in South Italy. After 1100 it will change to Italian. And to the cultures... Now I use also Arpitan, Leonese and Aragonese. The the Normans use now Norman names. So there is Williame, Robard or Ricard instead of William, Robert or Richard. And Jews will be also in the game (Or better... There were in the game and show as Orthodox... Now there are in game with own culture and religion and probably with new events and a kingdom/county in Ethiopia).

As an little information... Now there are 254 new provinces.

Then for Ruwaard I have play a little bit with Luxemburg. What did he or the others thing about the new concept?

And as an extra for Aasmul...

What did you think about the new Eider?

Much better:p

I noticed that you did, it looks nice . :)

In the thread about Darrigan's Lotharingia and Lowlands* (*= Northern & Southern Netherlands) I found the map (it's in Dutch) Darrigan posted about the Southern Netherlands (modern day Belgium), which also shows the subdivisions in Luxembourg.

Southern Netherlands medieval.jpg

I've got some idea about Silesia, maybe you will be interested in. :)

I was thinking about dealing this area with so much counties it might have. First thought was - if Silesia was smaller... Yes, it can! It might have two duchies - Lower and Upper Silesia as de iure instead of one (leaving one Silesia as titular). That would also give a chance to add another province to Lower Silesia (maybe Brzeg or Swidnica?). That could work with history of the region...

I just leave it to consider.

I have also think about a split in Lower and Upper Silesia. So its possible, that it can happen ;)

I will see it after I have give all the provinces a history/province file and baronies. A very annoying work with over 50 provinces. It can take a time.

I will see it after I have give all the provinces a history/province file and baronies. A very annoying work with over 50 provinces. It can take a time.

Ok, don't hurry... too much. I understand it takes time, but I really can't wait when your mod will be finally playable :D

So... The new provinces have ther history and ther baronies. Now I can work on... More provinces in Germany and Silesia. Hooray! :D

Bohemia, Silesia and Germany II

So... What did happen? First... Bohemia.

So... I have see that the Normandy has 9 provinces in a duchy... And this is the max i will give! So... Because the Bohemian provinces was a little bit... great... I have add one more. Práchen. And then in the north you see three new provinces in Silesia. The one in the east is Oświęcim. Then we have Nysa (Its theocratic... Thats interessting, this is the reason why I have add this) and Swidnica.

Then I have rework Bavaria.

First I have add Limpurg. And I have rework all borders in Bavaria. So ther is a better representation of the Bavarian Division of 1255.

And Northern Germany.

So... In Thuringia we have now Schwarzburg. And in the North-East we have Lippe.

And now north east Germany.

Wittenberg is now a County. Its the later born plase of the later Duchy of Saxony.

So... I have to replace a lot of the history there... In real Brandenburg was not in the realm at this time. Is was part of the Wendic realm. The Duke of the Nordmark rule in Altmark... Who is now Friedrich of Gosseck... who have nothing to do there. What for a fun...

Last edited:
Some changes this time in...

Ireland

Some new provinces there. East Breifne for examble. So the big clanes should have ther own county.

Spain

So a little look at spain. At the moment there are only some new provinces. The Aragon-Castillian border will change later. The most borders at the moment are the muslim-christian borders. Like this, this or this. The most part of this map came later.

Germany III

A little change. Two new counties. Landsberg and (the county palatinate of) Saxony/Sachsen.

Last edited:
This mod is looking pretty damn awesome so far, I must say. :cool:

Thank you :) I'm happy you like it!

So...

Nubia

Here we have a little watch about Nubia. The Kingdoms of Makuria, Nobatia and Alodia will be duchies under the Kingdom of Nubia. So... if you want, you can unit them (I think the Duchy of the Beja will be a part of Nubia too). With the borders between the provinces I have mostly orientate myself on the Katarakts

So...
Nobatia: Aswan, Nobatia and Kulubnarti
Makuria: Makuria, Napata and Bayuda.
Alodia (look at the last post of my): Alodia, Gedaref, Sennar, Fazughli and Gallabat (Eventually Wolgast and Bazen).
Beja: Beja, Dahlak, Barca, Kassala

Some of the provinces will be rename.

Where can i download this from?

At the moment I have no downloadable version... But I think I will release a pre-alpha this weekend... Only to test baronies and some other things. And to give the people a little proof that I work ;)

Great! I have some suggestions on that Spanish map, but it already looks good! Those frontiers, they're delicious.

To say some things right now, I miss Medinaceli although it could be a barony. Also, Madrid... considering it was never anything more than a small village until the XVth Century, it's out of place. However, the area was called the Transierra at some point. There was never a count of lord of Transierra, but it's a geographical term. Madrid can be there as a barony, although I would not put it there until it was given as a consolation fief to the exiled Leon of Armenia. The nearby towns of Alcalá de Henares and Aranjuez had much more importance.

The counties of Saldaña, Carrión and Monzón deserve consideration as well. They can be split from this bizarrely huge Valladolid. Southern Burgos might become the county of Lara, but that's a long shot, other parts of Spain deserve to be mended.

Also, you could split Vizcaya in two to represent the duality of the county: Vizcaya (north) and Álava (south), but Álava can be a barony itself, since at the game's timeline, they were always together.

I'm leaving you this map of old counties in the Xth Century County of Castile:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DLTReOsC5...AUM/-cJUqhIkyUY/s1600/Condado+de+Castilla.png

http://ccssloranca.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/043-evolucion-condado-de-catilla1.jpg

PS: By the way, given how you like to give medieval names to the provinces... what about Çaragosta / Çaragoça? ;) -- But Wasqah for Huesca, that's going a bit too far. For the same reason you should name Valencia to Balansiya, Seville to Ishbiliya, Calatrava to Qalaat Rabat...

First I'm happy you like it! And yes, the whole spain map is not finish, so you suggestions are nice.

To say some things right now, I miss Medinaceli although it could be a barony. Also, Madrid... considering it was never anything more than a small village until the XVth Century, it's out of place. However, the area was called the Transierra at some point. There was never a count of lord of Transierra, but it's a geographical term. Madrid can be there as a barony, although I would not put it there until it was given as a consolation fief to the exiled Leon of Armenia. The nearby towns of Alcalá de Henares and Aranjuez had much more importance.

Okay. Medinaceli will be there somewhere.

Madrid was only a fast solution. I will change it to Transierra I think.

The counties of Saldaña, Carrión and Monzón deserve consideration as well. They can be split from this bizarrely huge Valladolid. Southern Burgos might become the county of Lara, but that's a long shot, other parts of Spain deserve to be mended.

Yes split Valladolid was on my list. I will see what I can do there. With Burgos I will see too.

Also, you could split Vizcaya in two to represent the duality of the county: Vizcaya (north) and Álava (south), but Álava can be a barony itself, since at the game's timeline, they were always together.

I think I let both in the same county. But with a barony for the extra county.

PS: By the way, given how you like to give medieval names to the provinces... what about Çaragosta / Çaragoça? -- But Wasqah for Huesca, that's going a bit too far. For the same reason you should name Valencia to Balansiya, Seville to Ishbiliya, Calatrava to Qalaat Rabat...

I will see on this... I have think about a little event mechanic about this. So... Arabic provinces in Spain have the Arabic names... And the names change with the rule. If Castillian counquer the provinces the became Castillian names. If Aragon or Catalonia conquer them the became (Aragon and)Catalonian names.

I'll keep my eye on this. I hope this isn't abandoned like Clio's Iron Heart. That would be disappointing. Looks pretty epic.

I hope this isn't abandoned like Clio's Iron Heart.

Only if I lose all my files... But I make often back-ups (It happened with a EU3 map project... That was a lesson to me).

But I must say... Today the school starts. So I haven't so many time anymore. So... Don't be cross with me, if I don't update so often anymore.