• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why not call both kingdoms Sicily?
It would be more correct.

Yes, but in the XII century with barons of Sicily that revolted, Kindom of Sicily was different from Naples so i think we can have two titles and more correctly an empire (in fact Kingdom of Naples-Sicily was never formally under any liege till XVI) so by the impossibility of changing titles during game's period i think would be more correct this division.

PS: Savoie map i wonderful!!

PS: Savoie map i wonderful!!

Italian part is nice, but the province of Savoie itself is just modern day Savoie that isn't appropriate.

Italian part is nice, but the province of Savoie itself is just modern day Savoie that isn't appropriate.

Savoie itself is not new. I have only rework Piemonte at the moment. French and Spain will be the next.

View Post
Why not call both kingdoms Sicily?
It would be more correct.
Yes, but in the XII century with barons of Sicily that revolted, Kindom of Sicily was different from Naples so i think we can have two titles and more correctly an empire (in fact Kingdom of Naples-Sicily was never formally under any liege till XVI) so by the impossibility of changing titles during game's period i think would be more correct this division.

I think its possible to call both kingdoms Sicily. Like Galicia and Galicia. But I hope thats not confuse the people if there two Kingdoms of Sicily. But I can test it.

Lombardy is misnamed. Never was a duchy of lombardy. The 'duke of lombardy' in game was 'Marquis of Milan and Liguria' in real life.

I have not change the name of this duchy yet. But you have right. I will rename it to Milan.

They were not counties in the sense that the word is used in this game though. As the land ruled over by a count.
These divisions were the administrative divisions of the kingdom.
The counts and earls and dukes and all that were completely independent of this structure.

And have you a map or something about the real counties/earldoms? This is the problem... The historical counties are the best thing for counties I have found.

I use it to create archbishopric (theocracy as creation condition)

How I say... I will see how I can make it ;)

And have you a map or something about the real counties/earldoms? This is the problem... The historical counties are the best thing for counties I have found.
No I don't. Because the system in England didn't work the way this game is.
This is also a problem with the duchies, which is what I initially brought up. Your de jure structure is trying to recreate something that is long dead at the start of this game.

Anyway, trying to impose the system of this game onto medieval England is always going to be arbitrary and ahistorical. So you are free to do it whichever way you like.

Sicilia and Napoli were two kingdoms, but they themselves both saw themselves as the Kingdom of Sicily. So technically both should be called Sicily.

Yoe see the problem yes... But Not all of my system is dead... At the game start its give the earl (duke) of Northumbria. Also the earl of Mercia. The Earl of Kent.

But how I say... I can change the de-jure duchies after the norman conquest in the history files. If you start the game after William I. there are no Mercia, no Kent. Northumbria, yes. Because it give Northumbria after the Norman Conquest.

So... For the most things I wait fpr patch 1.06. I must make Mali in my map! And I have to change some things. So its easier to wait for the nw patch.

I will delete the empires of Britanni and Scandinavia. The are not realitic. Francia... Francia is identical with the HRE... So I think I will delete this too. Russia... I have plans for this. Russsia should only be creatable if the Eastern Roman Empire dosn't exist. And Spain is only formable, if you have high relations to the pope and if the HRE weak.

So... There were many new cultures in the game!

Saxon (North German not Anglo-Saxon), Frisian, (Astur-)Leonese, Aragonese, Arpitan (Franco-Provençal), Lombard, Nubian.

And as special task I have added tthe coptic church and jews (culture [Sephardic, Ashkenazic, Mizrahi and Beta Israel] and religion).

Some more wishes for cultures?

Hi, I'm looking forward to your mod, the maps in the paradox games can be horrible (especially Eastern Europe).
I'm glad you won't keep those fantasy empires. I hope you won't add non-authentic cultures.
I'm fairly new to CK2. Is there a way to add a cultural minority to provinces? Or cities with different culture than the province that contains the city. (Like the majority of cities was German in the Kingdom of Hungary)

I'm fairly new to CK2. Is there a way to add a cultural minority to provinces? Or cities with different culture than the province that contains the city. (Like the majority of cities was German in the Kingdom of Hungary)

Culture is set for a whole province.

So I have some new thing in the mod... I will show some of them now.

So first...

...a new Religion! The Coptic Church

It was a very ugly work. I have make ALL popes of the Copts (From St. Mark the Evangelist to the end of the game). Did someone here now more about the Copts? I think I need some help (About ther religion. Give it something like investiture? Divorce? Etc.).

But how you see also in the picture...

...new provinces! In Albania and Iceland.

So... I have make some of the albanian principalities in the game. And I have split iceland in four provinces.

Last edited:
And the Catalan counties

So... The most important counties of Catalonia a now in the game. Now you can also play with Pallars, Cerdanya and Besalú (Girona is Part of Barcelona).

And Aragon start with 3 counties. Aragon, Sobrarbe and Ribagorza.

Last edited:
And the next update... Today a big one!

New French provinces

I have reworke the whole France. New there are circa 30 new provinces (Now there 82 provinces without Brittany, Lorraine and the Kingdom of Burgundy. But with Flandern). Iberia and Italy also have circa 70 provinces. But see:

Flandern and Picardie

Normandy

Aquitaine

Provence, Savoye, Dauphine

Central France

Last edited:
northern part seems correct to me.
southern part have some odd choices IMHO and a few incorrectnesses -in regards of historicity and precision, if it is your aim, unless you can ignore my inputs here.

-Tursan should be much more tiny : just a little blob at the south of the city of Mont-de-Marsan. The latter should be in Marsan though. Or call Marsan another way (Albret can fit). Not sure tursan is important enough to be in though.
-Marsan goes far too north. Vanilla borders for Bordeaux were pretty correct on this regard.
-Gévaudan vs Melgueil distribution looked better in vanilla. Maybe split Gévaudan between, north, Gévaudan, and south, Nîmes/Lodève/Alès/Uzès.
-Savoie county is modern Savoie district that doesn't fit exactly with the period, one part goes accross the Rhone river, where the city of Belley lies in southern Bugey (so it make your Belley province's name incorrect if you tweak the border : Bresse or Bugey can fit here)
-Genf, goes also accross Rhone in its northern part (pays de Gex mostly).

Help is nice! Thank you. I use this map for all this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...1180-fr.svg/2000px-Map_France_1180-fr.svg.png

-Tursan should be much more tiny : just a little blob at the south of the city of Mont-de-Marsan. The latter should be in Marsan though. Or call Marsan another way (Albret can fit). Not sure tursan is important enough to be in though.
-Marsan goes far too north. Vanilla borders for Bordeaux were pretty correct on this regard.

And yes the south is very complex... Tursan is Tursan + Tartas. Marsan is Marsan+Albret+La Teste-de-Buch. I use them bicause both a Viscomtes and Albret is only a lordship. I don't new so many about south france. I will see what I can do.

-Gévaudan vs Melgueil distribution looked better in vanilla. Maybe split Gévaudan between, north, Gévaudan, and south, Nîmes/Lodève/Alès/Uzès.
I will see. I will remove Lisignan so I can make a Nîmes/Lodève/Alès/Uzès province.

-Savoie county is modern Savoie district that doesn't fit exactly with the period, one part goes accross the Rhone river, where the city of Belley lies in southern Bugey (so it make your Belley province's name incorrect if you tweak the border : Bresse or Bugey can fit here)
Yes I have make the border wrong. So yes I use Bugey for this.

-Genf, goes also accross Rhone in its northern part (pays de Gex mostly).
I give Genf this land. Okay.

good map choice as it is exactly the map PI uses. vanilla borders are 95% superposable to this one.

yes, Gascony was a mess of little lordships back then with a lot of connections between them^^

Marsan and Bordeaux weren't bad in vanilla. the biggest power (in become) is Albret. Lords of Albret, became Kings of Navarre and next of France and Navarre (Henri IV).

La Teste (Pays de Buch) is more or less under the influence of Bordeaux.

You can split Carcassonne into Béziers + Carcassonne (same history though, under Trencavel's rule). what is relevant in this region Narbonne/Toulouse is to try splitting those who where vassals of Aragon vs vassals of Toulouse. this map can help.

Did you already worked on upper Lorraine ? the corner I see is a bit weird with the really tiny and detached Saintois (or is it Langres ? if Langres, it should be ~OK).

Is it Saint-Maurice the province upper lake Léman ?

good map choice as it is exactly the map PI uses. vanilla borders are 95% superposable to this one.

yes, Gascony was a mess of little lordships back then with a lot of connections between them^^

Marsan and Bordeaux weren't bad in vanilla. the biggest power (in become) is Albret. Lords of Albret, became Kings of Navarre and next of France and Navarre (Henri IV).

La Teste (Pays de Buch) is more or less under the influence of Bordeaux.

Okay. I will rework this part.

You can split Carcassonne into Béziers + Carcassonne (same history though, under Trencavel's rule). what is relevant in this region Narbonne/Toulouse is to try splitting those who where vassals of Aragon vs vassals of Toulouse. this map can help.

Good map. Thank you!

Did you already worked on upper Lorraine ? the corner I see is a bit weird with the really tiny and detached Saintois (or is it Langres ? if Langres, it should be ~OK).

I haven't work much on Lorraine. This will came later.

Is it Saint-Maurice the province upper lake Léman ?

Between Genf and Bern are Chablais. And between Chablais and Valais are Saint-Maurice, yes. The Savoyard part of Valais.