• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thure

Chartularius Hamburgensis
54 Badges
May 13, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
New European Map

Alpha 2.01 Download Link

Index

-My mod (p. 1)
-Italy (p. 1)
-Baltic States (p. 1)
-Ireland's borders (p. 2)
-England (p. 2)
-Wales and English duchies (p. 2)
-Scotland (p. 2)
-The Netherlands and Rhine (p. 3)
-Northern Italy/Piemonte (p. 4)
-The Coptic Church (p. 5)
-Iceland 1 (p. 5)
-Catalonia (p. 5)
-France (p. 5)
-Fixes in France (p. 6)
-Iceland 2 (p. 6)
-Changes in Africa (p. 7)
-Switzerland (p. 7)
-Belgian overhaul (p. 7)
-Northern Germany 1 (p. 7)
-Pommerania (p. 7)
-Northern Germany 2 (p. 8)
-South Germany (p. 8)
-Lorraine (p. 8)
-Bohemia (p. 8)
-Silesia (p. 8)
-Luxembourg and the Eider (p. 9)
-Bohemia, Silesia and Germany II (p. 9)
-Ireland II (p. 9)
-Spain (p. 9)
-Germany III (p. 9)
-Ethiopia (p. 9)
-Nubia (p. 9)
-South Slavia (p. 12)
-South Slavia (p. 12)
-The year 1000 (p. 12)
-Poland (p. 13)
-Wales II (p. 13)
-Prussia (p. 13)
-Norway (p. 13)
-Balkans II (p. 14)

My mod

So. I have presented the map in a german forum for quite some time. But now I will show the map in the official forum.

I make a completely new map for CKII. At first it was inspired and based on Mappa Regnorum from CKI. But then I have mak a new map with new and more provinces.

First, my projection:

(There are some mistakes in Africa, I know)

So. What should I show you? The first part of the map, that if done, Italy.

Italy

There are some new de-jure kingdoms.

Naples and Sicily are split. This happened many times in this time. Often there are two kings of Sicily at the same time. But I can't call both kingdoms sicily. So I have take the also known name Naples.

Then the kingdom of Sardinia (eventually 'and Corsica')

On the left side you see the kingdom of Majorca. This is only a test, because I don't know, if I can make all spanish kingdoms (there are over 10 kingdoms in this times in Iberia. This is crazy)

So. New Duchies are also in Italy.

The margraviates in italy are actual the same rang with the duchies in the HRE. So I have make the margraviates to duchies. But the rulers will still have the title Margrave.
So what are new?

Saluzzo and Montferrat. The both margraviates of Piemont. Then Mantua and Parma. Modena.
More or less historic are the duchies of Ancona and Rome. Eventually I rename Ancona to the 'Duchy of the Pentapolis'. This and Rome are two duchies of the Byzantine times of Italy.

Then Spoleto. Now Spoleto have a new province in the south part. This is the part, which came later to Naples.

And Naples... There are really many duchies now. Some of them where in real principalities. Like the lombardic Capua, Benevento or Salerno.
And then we have the Duchy of Naples. The last Byzantine Duchy in Italy. Amalfi is just a de-facto duchy.

And last... Corsica. Sardinia and Corsica have many provinces now. So Corsica became a own duchy.

And a map of the provinces of Italy:

I hope you can read most of it. There are really many new provinces. Some of it:
-Novarra
-Asti
-Savona
-San Germano (now Cassino)
-Sulmona
-Amalfi
-Lucania
-Corse

And Sardinia has the four giudicati.

So. This was it for this time. Next time I can show you North-East Africa (Nubia and Ethiopia). And Spain also look good. There are some provinces in Germany and the Netherlands but I must rework it. Now I'm work on the Baltic States and some holy orders (Like the Teutonic Order, which is now a kingdom title and have later the Livonian Order as vasall).

Credits
Shaytana a big thank for the better looking characters!
And Sleight of Hand for his great rework of the Saxon, Scottish and Breton characters!
EOOQE for his New Borders.

Last edited:
How about working together with the creator of the Sic-Transit-Gloria-Mundi mod? As you seem to have similar ideas.

Probably you never heard about Mappa Rgnorum, if you say so... :angry:

Thure - I'm glad that someone adapted this great map mod :) But improving it sound even better! I would only wish to be able to help you with central-eastern Europe, but I don't know if I could handle map modding.

Thure - I'm glad that someone adapted this great map mod But improving it sound even better! I would only wish to be able to help you with central-eastern Europe, but I don't know if I could handle map modding.

Some maps or ideas for middle-eastern Europe would be nice. :)
And yes Mappa Rgnorum was everytime in my CK folder. I play no game without this mod. There are only to less provinces in my reason. But in CKII there are a lot of more possibilities for the map. And the game is very fast.

Later (but today!) I will show you the Baltic States.

Baltic States

So! How I have promise, a look to the Baltic States.

I have make it after this map (click here), which I have found.

(In German. Translation:
Estland->Estonia
Livland->Livonia
Lettgallen->Latgale
Semgallen->Zemgale/Semigalia
Kurland->Courland

At the moment I use the german names for the new provinces. But I think at the start of the game I will use the estonian of latvian ones.

The Provinces are in this picture:

(Yes Livland is a little bit... misshapen. I will see what I can do. Eventually I split the province)

Last edited:
It's Novara, not Novarra :p

I wonder if it has the barony of Biandrate, it's basically where I live.

Good job, anyway.

It's Novara, not Novarra :p

Novara, yes. ^^ At the map its right. I think i mixed it whit Navarra ^^

I wonder if it has the barony of Biandrate, it's basically where I live.

At the moment Biandrate is not in the game. But it look like it was possible. Biandrate sound like a important city.
Dit you know some more good baronies of this area? Searching baronies is the hardest job, if you don't know many
of the regions. Help about kingdoms, duchies, counties and baronies would be really nice!

At the moment Biandrate is not in the game. But it look like it was possible. Biandrate sound like a important city.

Ah, not really, it's really small :p

But the count of Biandrate was an "important" figure in the region, many counts appeared in important events such as guelphs and ghibellines wars and crusades, and so I assume it would be proper for it to be a barony of Novara.

Dit you know some more good baronies of this area? Searching baronies is the hardest job, if you don't know many
of the regions. Help about kingdoms, duchies, counties and baronies would be really nice!

I will do a bit of research and let you know. Vercelli should be another barony, though. What are the current baronies in the existing provinces?

Last edited:
But the count of Biandrate was an "important" figure in the region, many counts appeared in important events such as guelphs and ghibellines wars and crusades, and so I assume it would be proper for it to be a barony of Novara

That did I mean ;)
How I see, there are also some of the family already in game. You mean this family?
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conti_di_Biandrate

Sounds like a nice family. I think a barony for them would be nice.

But the count of Biandrate was an "important" figure in the region, many counts appeared in important events such as guelphs and ghibellines wars and crusades, and so I assume it would be proper for it to be a barony of Novara.

Sorry for the off-topic, but if you are from Biandrate, then you must try out Uberto di Biandrate, count of Thessaly from 1204.8.1 to 1209

biandrate.jpg

Hey this mod seems pretty much the same as Deus Vult Europa Divisa. Don't you two guys want to work together? Pixie57 from Deus Vult Europa Divisa has already included some other mods (Lotharingia and Lowlands and Wales)

Hey this mod seems pretty much the same as Deus Vult Europa Divisa. Don't you two guys want to work together? Pixie57 from Deus Vult Europa Divisa has already included some other mods (Lotharingia and Lowlands and Wales)

It's not the same. This map is based on previous CK1 map mod, while others are working on current CK2 map.

Nice maps! Some of them, I know, but not with HD. Very helpful. Thank you. But I agree with Veldmaarschalk.

And about the question, if I will work with other people... At first, I will reworke the world, how I it like. With the Mappa Regnorum mod, extended on Northern Europe an East Africa, as basic. And a lot of more provinces.

It looks really great! I particularly like new Duchies in Italy, seem much more vibrant now.

Best of luck on your project! :)

It would be really helpfull if you tell people what they find in that link. So that people don't first have to download 35MB of maps.

cracked stuff ! as I'm not sure he have the rights on distribution for these as it is from an official not free software.

cracked stuff ! as I'm not sure he have the rights on distribution for these as it is from an official not free software.

Uh... Are you sure? Thats would be bad.

But another question... Which names should I use for the provinces in game? The local language of the game time? Language of the game(All in English etc.)? Or Latin?