• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Right, ships don't fight back under PS, only ground based planes. However even PS counts as a 'sea attack' so a ship 'sea defence' value will determine the losses it suffers.
NAVs are strong that's right, but banning them from mulitplayer sounds a very bad idea. They are costly, and can't do anything else than naval strike. And they make it important to be able to cover the skies over your fleets with int/fig. This makes attacking at pacific very hard and risky, and only slow advance is maintenable, just as irl.

@ Pang: afaik, the enemy PS attack your in-port ships who then use their own individual sea defence to defend themselves, but your own FTG/INT fight back, driving the enemy fleet ORG down faster. PS can be painful if unopposed, but having 1-4 INT/FTG defending your port will help protect your ships by lowering the number of PS attacks the enemy can do until their ORG is down. Phew!

@ Pang: afaik, the enemy PS attack your in-port ships who then use their own individual sea defence to defend themselves.

I agree so far...

, but your own FTG/INT fight back, driving the enemy fleet ORG down faster. PS can be painful if unopposed, but having 1-4 INT/FTG defending your port will help protect your ships by lowering the number of PS attacks the enemy can do until their ORG is down. Phew!

How much faster will the ORG drop? Afaik NAVs based in a port can reduce the Strength of the attacking carriers, or at least i remember it was so in Doomsday.

I can't help you with that! :unsure: I would need to do some play testing myself. I play mostly multiplayer, all I know is that I better have an Air fleet there lest I die! :)