• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

airslo

Major
47 Badges
Jul 21, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
Ok guys...not bashing actually I love the game but I am not sure i am getting the point....

Is the point to stay in bussiness or is it more of a lets see how efficent of a system you can make...

Reason I ask...by 5 years in to the game I have more money then I know what to do with and hundrends and hundrends of people waiting to get on to me system....

So... again I ask shouldnt I be going bankrupt if i am pissing that many people off? This is why there needs to be compition in this game from a nother travel company....
anyway just want to know...I am actually losing the game because of all the people waiting or am I winning because I have enough money to do what ever i want?
thanks
slo

I think a positive side of the game is that you can set the goal for yourself. So you can decide if the situation described above is good or bad. For me, it shows that "cool, we have income, but we have to make the system efficient, so that it can transport everyone within a reasonable time while covering the whole city with public transport"...the game will not tell you what is win and what is loose.

Anyway, if you try to transport all these passengers by adding more vehicles, you'll transport more passangers in a month, so you'll have more money coming (normally). You can upgrade your bus or tram lines too, or divide your long lines. There are always many things to do in CiM... For example, I played on Paris for 20 years, covered the whole city in 8 years, but I still have to improve my transportation system in order to make more money (my goal is now 20,000/month).

Is the point to stay in bussiness or is it more of a lets see how efficent of a system you can make...

In my view the objective is to cover as much as you can in the city. You cannot have as objective efficiency because there is no efficiency index in game, such as Return on Investment, unless you calculate your self, which is possible.
Stay in business also cannot be an objective because if you don't have a competition, this objective is pointless.

So... again I ask shouldnt I be going bankrupt if i am pissing that many people off?

Another problem with the game. Reputation is too easy to get. So you can have hundreds of angry customers and your reputation will be good enough.
And even if you reputation is bad, really bad, you will get enough passengers to keep a profitable company, as long as you have a big enough network.
It's bad but kinda off close to the reality. If the public transport is expensive and horrible service you just don't have any other option. Or you use or you use. Be angry won't change anything.

And as TH1 said, most games like this you setup your own objective. For me is usually financial efficiency and outstanding service. I just can't live with a red face in my stations :)

" I just can't live with a red face in my stations "
same here. i rather sacrifice high profit to transport everyone as well as possible and provide coverage everywhere where anyone has any business to do. :)

I agree with most of everything you guys have said, and again I am not bashing the game, I really enjoy it...I think I should have thought of a better title but I guess what I think is missing is the fact that the game spends so much time and energy calculating unemployment, gas prices electricity price mant. cost but none of that means anything at all since by year 5 I have more money then I know what to do with!!! i wish when oil goes up it really hurt me! Or when unempl. goes up it really hurt me....
I wish I was affraid sometimes to expained that way it felt more like a challenge to get threw the tough times...anyway I always play on normal level and stop playing by year 8 because of these reasons, I will now try on hard and see if it makes a difference..
thanks again for the conversation!!
slo

I agree with most of everything you guys have said, and again I am not bashing the game, I really enjoy it...I think I should have thought of a better title but I guess what I think is missing is the fact that the game spends so much time and energy calculating unemployment, gas prices electricity price mant. cost but none of that means anything at all since by year 5 I have more money then I know what to do with!!! i wish when oil goes up it really hurt me! Or when unempl. goes up it really hurt me....
I wish I was affraid sometimes to expained that way it felt more like a challenge to get threw the tough times...anyway I always play on normal level and stop playing by year 8 because of these reasons, I will now try on hard and see if it makes a difference..
thanks again for the conversation!!
slo

I know exactly what you mean. Unfortunately that is the way it is.

You can try this mod: http://citiesinmotion.wikispaces.com/Changed+Prices
It makes the game extremely harder. The problem in my opinion is that it makes the game harder from the beggining, when it's already very hard. Should make the game hard later, but worth a try.

I also usually increase a lot the wages and decrease a lot the ticket price.