• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any chance of a Francesco's models addon for this mod like Gotterdammerung?

I've got to say, great stuff Devildread.

Even though the Day of Infamy did not fire (I suspect that was because I was working from a savegame) it has been great fun. It is early February of 1942. The Empire of Japan has just annexed the Philippines after the USMC had to withdraw after a month of fierce fighting. They are advancing into Burma and the Malay peninsula.

Some naval losses on both sides, it hurt to the bone to lose the USS North Caroline, the pride of the navy in the biggest naval battle to date off the coast of Guam (35 USN ships vs 45 IJN ships). Elements of the USMC stopped the invasion of the Solomons at Cape Gloucester and retook Rabaul.

Then a CTD stopped me in my tracks..

No Day of Infamy with mine either. Also got the Doolittle raider unit and loaded it
aboard Hornet. Took it and Enterprise to max range of unit off Tokyo (small air
battles on the way). Launched it and it hit Tokyo but got "Ineffective Tokyo raid"
which should not be for the Doolittle unit as the raid was meant as a morale builder
and not a real raid. When this unit does it once it should be a positive event but a
one-timer and eliminate the unit.

What about the Torch invasion? I cannot see a way to invade French N. Africa unless
i spend alot of time raising their threat which is kinda silly as you want to liberate them
not make them blood enemies! LOL!

Mod is improved but still need to get white numbers/letters on the US units or change
them to light green as names/numbers are virtually invisible at almost all view except
close up.

Thanks for all the fixes!

I started a completely new game.

One minor thing:

It is March 1941.
I am not in the allies, but the eagles squadrons are active in the UK.

I get an event "Ineffective bombing of London", allowing me to choose between "We will get them next time" (Ruling party support -10%) and "Incompetent fools" (Daily dissent chnage +20%).

If I am fighting on the side of the UK, an "Ineffective bombing of London" should be a positive thing.

"Ineffective bombings" are combat events from SF, they are totally out of context I would recommend to delete them (in events/AirBattleLost.txt and AirBattleWon.txt, same with NavalBattles). It will change your checksum tho, but everything else will be ok.

Could someone upload a savegame from october 41 and peace with japan? I want to check this Day of Infamy thing.

My comment was meant to mean that the Doolittle unit should be a spendable
unit (one time only) and if used to hit Japan should generate a mod specific event
giving a morale boost to the US and a dissent hit to Japan. Otherwise its just an
oddball unit that does not fit in the scale the game operates in. Otherwise it appears
a more improved version and i look forward to more updates/patches! Thanks!!!

Could someone upload a savegame from october 41 and peace with japan? I want to check this Day of Infamy thing.

Warning: The site where I uploaded it has lots of advertisements. Do NOT click on the large download button on the upper right, but on the small Download link (below "Dateigröße", "Datum" and "Downloads")

Or wait until all the advertisement stuff is over and click on the large Download button on the right.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-4166915/November1941.zip.html

http://www.file-upload.net/download-4166928/October1941.zip.html

Japan DOWed me in November, no Pearl Harbor.

Oh, and don't worry, I played normal...no President Lindbergh, no war against Canada e.t.c. :laugh:

Thanks for all your efforts,

Roland

Last edited:
My japan is still having issues with China. By the end of 41 they can only take over shanxi.

Also, I just noticed that even with only a practical level of 1, I still get 6% building efficiency increase, and with practicals in the 20 range its as much as a 75% bonus. Is this from the assembly line/lend lease techs or laws? If so, its interesting that the entire efficiency bonus for IC is wrapped into the tooltips for the practicals.

Two things I have noticed since the update. This is not to say it is because of the update, just that I have only noticed it since the update.

1. After the Bitter Peace fires, Germany declares war on Russia the next day.

2. Some of my CV and BB ship fleets while on Patrol duties, after finding a convoy and sinking one or more convoy, will seem to be retreating into an adjacent sea zone. A gray arrow will appear and the fleet will move into the zone. During the said retreat I am unable to change the destination, until the fleet has reached the sea zone it is retreating to. All ships in the fleet will be either 100% or 99% strength and any planes will also be 100% or 99%.

-----

My japan is still having issues with China. By the end of 41 they can only take over shanxi.
+1 on that. Japan went from having a turkey shoot in China to a real slog, even with the super-bonuses given to the Axis. While historical, this prevents the events that lead to the U.S. embargo, which in turn would lead to the Day of Infamy decision (*). And, the AI is even less likely to take some islands.
(*Which may be forsestalled anyway by the Japanese DOW in November.)

My Japan annexed Nationalist China by mid year 1940 with the Japan only buff. Took the smaller one's out earlier

Since SS came out, I have been able to play three games. (i know no life, but if you don;t ski or snowmobile there is not much to do, this close to the edge of the earth)

Two of the games were played before the patch. In one Japan mowed through China like a weed eater through the high grass, defeating them late 1939. In the second there was steady movement through China with Japan defeating them by mid 1941.

Since the patch, have only played part way through the game. It is mid 1942, Japan was able to defeat China by late 1940.

During the game, I trade heavily with Japan. Buying all the supplies they will sell me and selling them just about what every they request.

In none of the games, do I give any faction a buff.

Well, I think the practicals definitely need looking at. I got my construction practical into the 90s, reducing cost and build time by 96%. Yeah, 96% reduction. IC takes like 2 weeks to build and less than 1 IC to build 1 more. I had so much IC I ran out of resources. I think practicals need to be capped at 60 - 70% reduction range, it gets out of hand when you pass into the 80% range, that is effectively an entire 25 divisions (a full army) for the same cost and time of 1 division at 0% reduction. That just seems wrong to me.

On a related note, you can cover the entire starting US in IC before 1944. You can't use half of it because you can't power much more than 2k IC, but you can sure build it all. Strangely, metal was never a problem, though energy and rares were.

I own HoI 3 FTM Collection from GamersGate (without DiE: G and DiE: SS) and the whole package (including sprites, DiE: G and DiE: SS) from Steam. Can I somehow play both DiEs using GamersGate version only? Perhaps by copying a mod folder?

Two things I have noticed since the update. This is not to say it is because of the update, just that I have only noticed it since the update.

2. Some of my CV and BB ship fleets while on Patrol duties, after finding a convoy and sinking one or more convoy, will seem to be retreating into an adjacent sea zone. A gray arrow will appear and the fleet will move into the zone. During the said retreat I am unable to change the destination, until the fleet has reached the sea zone it is retreating to. All ships in the fleet will be either 100% or 99% strength and any planes will also be 100% or 99%.

-----

Think that might be a ingame bug unrelated to the mod. I had this happen with my submarine units in Gotterdamrung also

Great, i'm playing US invaded France ~ end 1942 and Barbarossa finished, but Romania didn't give the germans the exp forces back, so im now mostly fighting divisions under romanian control & here and there some hungarians, italians etc. ( from St. Nazaire to upper part of Belgium all got yellow colored divisions.