• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(287474)

Captain
2 Badges
Mar 19, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Not necessarily in a vassal-liege relationship, but those are most common for the case of scheming.

I want to get someone to dislike the plot target. What options are available? Inciting unrest, the way this reads can go either way really.
So if Duke Bill is vassal of King Bob, and I want to make Duke Bill dislike King Bob, do I Sow Dissent on Duke Bill's county, or on King Bob's county?
Also, when this is successful, do you get any feedback of it working? I've sat an 18 Diplomacy Chancellor on another ruler's province for years sowing dissent and did not get any feedback. Maybe the chance is too low?

Also, while the Chancellor is doing that, is there anything that my spymaster can do to damage the plot target's prestige or piety outside of war?

Seems like it took about 10 years for my spymaster to have any effect on a county last time, and it just gave me the option to blackmail, spread rumor, or ignore. I chose blackmail and didn't notice any difference. :\

Thinking about modding the chances for the player's council success chances. But anyways, any advice is much appreciated!

You need to place him on the vassal's soil.