• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Harle

Major
104 Badges
Nov 2, 2007
  • Deus Vult
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
Okay this is just ridiculous and needs to be fixed asap.

I went on a Holy War as the Kingdom of Ireland and managed to take a province (Alto Aragon).

After making peace, I set my marshal to suppress revolts, and revolt risk was 0%. And then the following happened:

1159, September 5th; Locals Revolt.
1159, October 8th; Locals Revolt.
1159, November 4th; Locals Revolt.
1159, November 24th; Locals Revolt.
1159, December 14th; Locals Revolt.
1160, February 17th; Locals Revolt.
1160, April 18th; Locals Revolt.
1160, June 17th; Locals Revolt.

Each time with over 2400 rebel soldiers. Excuse les francais but where the F**K are they getting all of these troops? By my math that's roughly 20,000 troops raised by rabble in less than one year, from a single crappy mountain province. When there is zero (0) revolt risk.

I understand that there needs to be mechanisms in place to prevent weird stuff like Ireland owning a piece of Spain but conjuring rebels out of thin air over and over and over and over seems a mite excessive. Early on it was literally one revolt was put down and the next one would arise. Like there's an army of 2400 rebels just waiting in the wings for their turn.

It's just frustrating. There needs to be a limit on this sort of thing.

You get rebels popping up every few months in France aswell. It seems to be caused by vassals setting their advisor to collect taxes. Because, when I did the same, boy the french revolution was a light breeze in comparision.

Report it in the bug forum, and attaching a save would help the devs I think.:)

Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was over but it wasn't.

1160, September 5th, Locals revolt (this time three of them happened in a row while I was fighting, and I ended up finally losing the battle against a mass of 4700+ rebels. I guess they wanted to go out with a bang. Raise that number to 25,000 troops in one year. Well done Alto Aragon. You win the crusades.

Well screw that, I'm going back to the save before I even bothered to go on this holy war. I didn't go through all that trouble and go into debt and piss off my vassals just so I could get spammed with local revolts until I finally lose the province. What a waste of time.

Edit: Made a bugs thread for it.

You get rebels popping up every few months in France aswell. It seems to be caused by vassals setting their advisor to collect taxes. Because, when I did the same, boy the french revolution was a light breeze in comparision.

This isn't 'rebels revolting every few months' in a kingdom, where you have a bunch of provinces spewing them out at relatively reasonable intervals. This is a single. Tiny. Mountain province. Not a kingdom, not a duchy, not a collection of counties. With ZERO revolt risk, and producing ZERO taxes because it was recently conquered.

Last edited: