• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(143725)

Second Lieutenant
8 Badges
Jun 11, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
So - my ruler is king of Castille.
Daddy did it with a courtier and made him a half-brother - and legitimized him too!
The ruler doesn't have a kid himself yet so that makes the half-bro the Heir to the throne.

Now, the half-bro wants a title and all - and I know that means trouble for the current Ruler because after being handed the title, he is going to rebel and attack the ruler to claim the throne etc. etc. Seen it all before...
So - the Ruler marries a lovely (hopefully) fertile 16-year old and I marry the half-bro out to the 62 year old Kaiserin of the Holy Roman Empire. As claims are inheritable I figured that doesn't give him too many kids in the short term and that would remove some threat of his line of the family.

Now, the 16-year old Queen gets pregnant! Yeehah.

But months later, the Ruler dies in a war at age 19...

That makes the half-bro the King! And the former Queen consort is out of the family so that to-be-born child is no good.

And guess what? The King's married to a granny! Now I have to wait before she kicks the bucket before I can continue building the dynasty :)

Now - there's another brother in the game too.
I married him off in a Matrilineal Marriage to a Duchess. I figured that would remove the threat of his claim to the throne.
But.
This Duchy is part of the kingdom of Leon. And somehow, this brother the Duke convinced his King (also his cousin) to attack the kingdom of Castille to force the claim...

You really have to think about what you do eh :)

What a lovely game this is...

So - my ruler is king of Castille.
Daddy did it with a courtier and made him a half-brother - and legitimized him too!
The ruler doesn't have a kid himself yet so that makes the half-bro the Heir to the throne.

Now, the half-bro wants a title and all - and I know that means trouble for the current Ruler because after being handed the title, he is going to rebel and attack the ruler to claim the throne etc. etc. Seen it all before...
So - the Ruler marries a lovely (hopefully) fertile 16-year old and I marry the half-bro out to the 62 year old Kaiserin of the Holy Roman Empire. As claims are inheritable I figured that doesn't give him too many kids in the short term and that would remove some threat of his line of the family.

Now, the 16-year old Queen gets pregnant! Yeehah.

But months later, the Ruler dies in a war at age 19...

That makes the half-bro the King! And the former Queen consort is out of the family so that to-be-born child is no good.

And guess what? The King's married to a granny! Now I have to wait before she kicks the bucket before I can continue building the dynasty :)

Now - there's another brother in the game too.
I married him off in a Matrilineal Marriage to a Duchess. I figured that would remove the threat of his claim to the throne.
But.
This Duchy is part of the kingdom of Leon. And somehow, this brother the Duke convinced his King (also his cousin) to attack the kingdom of Castille to force the claim...

You really have to think about what you do eh :)

What a lovely game this is...

This game resembles chess more than any other game I've played. The rules are a bit more complex, but it's exactly the chess kind of thinking that's required. As such it would be great to mod the game so more information could be displayed for an easy overview, like stats when hoovering etc.