• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(443947)

Corporal
2 Badges
Feb 3, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sword of the Stars II
Hello,

I am currently playing the game here: http://www.twitch.tv/kaihonsou# for the next hour and most of the day Friday (fyi :) ).

The question is...My Duke has a heir, the oldest son. I had a matrilineal marrage with the Prince of England who has a son who is not his dynasty, but mine. When the Prince dies, would my grandson become king of England, and would I control him or would it be something else, like an ally?

Thanks for any replies!

Honsou.

Complicated question.

If the prince becomes King, and then dies, the person listed as his heir (next to his picture in the character screen) will become King. Under most country's laws, this would be his eldest son, who you say is part of your dynasty. In that case, yes, your grandson would become King.

However, you would keep playing as the leader of your duchy. You will only switch over to the King if he ever becomes your primary heir.

He mysteriously died at the age of 1, and the kings nephew is now the heir to the Kingdom if England.

The 5 daughters which are from my dynasty are alive though, guess they are not a threat. I should of known better and put my spymaster in Essex to protect him.

Thanks for the reply!

Honsou.

He was probably assassinated.

You should have groomed your daughter to be a superspy.

Prince is the antichamber of King.

You would not have inherited as long as the Prince of England had not be crowned King.