• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed this once when I started a game at the date of the Battle of Stirling Bridge. Scotland wasn't even at ware with England in the game.
No historical wars are in the game except for 1066.

No historical wars are in the game except for 1066.
Which is kinda sad. There were many interesting wars they could have added (HYW, Scottish War of Independence(Although it would be more of a claim war by England), The Battle on the Ice, Kaloyan's wars agaist the Latin Empire, etc. ).

You silly people thinking Braveheart was real, Very Little of that movie was actually historically accurate.

Ahem...no. William Wallace led a rebellion against the English in the 1290's was defeated at Falkirk and captured 7 years later in 1305. English records can verify this.

Were romantic involvements/friendships/timelines falsified a little? Yeah. But you cant argue about the validity of a castle built by a guy can you.

Ahem...no. William Wallace led a rebellion against the English in the 1290's was defeated at Falkirk and captured 7 years later in 1305. English records can verify this.
And in that one sentence you've pretty much summarised the historically accurate parts of Braveheart. FFS the film's version of the Battle of Stirling Bridge didn't even involve a bridge! (which, given that the bridge was a decisive factor in the Scot's victory, is pretty piss poor.) Braveheart is a dramatisation based very loosely on historical events in order to make a fun film, nothing more, nothing less. *shrug*

How would you implement historical wars then if not via events ? AFAIK there is no other way. Historical wars would make the game too predictable, and that's not something I would want to see.

How would you implement historical wars then if not via events ? AFAIK there is no other way. Historical wars would make the game too predictable, and that's not something I would want to see.
Nobody said they would exist outside of bookmarks.

I don't want events for them. Just that when you select a start date the historical wars are taking place. 1066 and other bookmarks do this, but not the date in-between.

How would you implement such a thing.

1) If Scotland as a whole is already independant?
2) Scotland would need to be a vassal of England, but that can't happen in the current game setup {would need to be the Empire title}
3) It would need to happen in a set period, and you would need the family of Wallace to be in a landed position. [We are of course talking Historical events are we not?]
4) If we are talking historical events why no do the war of the roses. You know why, because there is house Plantagenet, so it can't proc in a 1066 start date.

5) Would stuff like this be fun, yeah it would, but it needs to follow a dynastic plausibility, the Robin Hood event for example gets away with it because no one can trace his lineage from the myth to the legend.

6) If we do included things like Wallace I want Llywelyn ap Gruffydd in the game.

How would you implement such a thing.

1) If Scotland as a whole is already independant?
2) Scotland would need to be a vassal of England, but that can't happen in the current game setup {would need to be the Empire title}
3) It would need to happen in a set period, and you would need the family of Wallace to be in a landed position. [We are of course talking Historical events are we not?]
4) If we are talking historical events why no do the war of the roses. You know why, because there is house Plantagenet, so it can't proc in a 1066 start date.

5) Would stuff like this be fun, yeah it would, but it needs to follow a dynastic plausibility, the Robin Hood event for example gets away with it because no one can trace his lineage from the myth to the legend.

6) If we do included things like Wallace I want Llywelyn ap Gruffydd in the game.

Erm, he is, from 1246. The dynastic setup is a bit messed up but hes there. His brother Owain is Regent rather than co-king but I suppose the game doesn't allow for joint kings (nor did Gwynedd for long).

You silly people thinking Braveheart was real, Very Little of that movie was actually historically accurate.

I read that when filming the Battle of Stirling (as it's called in the movie), a local who was hanging around asked Gibson where the bridge was. Gibson said it was in the way. The Scotsman replied that that was what the English discovered. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.