• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RabbitMan

Sergeant
40 Badges
Mar 3, 2008
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Deus Vult
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Love the game, really fun stuff, playing LAN with my fiancé and we have encountered an issue that is mildly aggravating. Playing the post-Norman Conquest 1066 scenario, and trying to marry my son Robert of England, a count in Normandy off to someone. Except I can't select him. To marry anyone. So confused! I thoug I could arrange a marriage with anyone in the game, or at least see the chances of the match up working. WAD? Or am I doing something wrong?

Love the game, really fun stuff, playing LAN with my fiancé and we have encountered an issue that is mildly aggravating. Playing the post-Norman Conquest 1066 scenario, and trying to marry my son Robert of England, a count in Normandy off to someone. Except I can't select him. To marry anyone. So confused! I thoug I could arrange a marriage with anyone in the game, or at least see the chances of the match up working. WAD? Or am I doing something wrong?

If he is a reigning count then he's probably making his own decision that may run counter to yours.

As long as he's not in your court, you can't marry him to someone who's not in your court.
As you stated, he's a count so if you want to marry him you have to get his future wife in your court and propose that this female character marry him using the diplomatic view.