• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NICK_GIFF

Private
65 Badges
Jan 22, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • For the Motherland
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
Does anyone know how to create titles or if it's even possible if you're a Count (of Évreux), under a Duke (of Normandy), under a king (of England)?

Reason I ask is because after 25 years or so of hoarding money I got a bit bored so hired a couple of mercenary companies and invaded some of the smaller Islamic emirates in Spain which has somehow ended up with me controlling most of the coastal provinces in the South! I'd rather like to turn it into a Duchy as it's quite a few provinces and when my ruler dies the inheritance will be split between my sons, and so the next person I play with will just be Count of Évreux again.

Something tells me though that I'll need to shrug off being a vassal of the Duke of Normandy (bizarrely the son of the start-of-game Count of Eu, who was made Duke of Normandy after William became King of England). Is there a way to do this other than trying to become Duke of Normandy myself?

If you aquire the necessary provinces in Spain, and no one else has the title, you can create a ducal level title, yes. You'd have to check the provinces to see which duchies they belong to and what you need to be eligible, though. On the province screen, it'll have a section where it tells you the de jure kingdom and duchy the province is considered part of. As far as I know, you can create a duchy without having to attack your current liege or formally delcare independence. You'd just move up in the chain of command, so to speak, and have the king as your direct liege. At least, that's how it worked in CK1, and I assume it's similar here.

If you aquire the necessary provinces in Spain, and no one else has the title, you can create a ducal level title, yes. You'd have to check the provinces to see which duchies they belong to and what you need to be eligible, though. On the province screen, it'll have a section where it tells you the de jure kingdom and duchy the province is considered part of. As far as I know, you can create a duchy without having to attack your current liege or formally delcare independence. You'd just move up in the chain of command, so to speak, and have the king as your direct liege. At least, that's how it worked in CK1, and I assume it's similar here.

You can't create a title of a higher rank than your liege IIRC

Managed to solve the issue by declaring war on my liege, the Duke of Normandy (who also happens to be my nephew :D), claiming independence as the reason. As soon as I did this I was able to create the Duchy of Seville, which then instantly ended the war between myself and my nephew as 'inconclusive'.

Only problem now is that one of my younger sons is going to inherit the County of Evreux whereas I'd like to keep the ancestral lands tied to the Duchy. Anyone know if it's possible to change who inherits what? (Besides murder)

I think there is a bug with Pomerania and Mecklemburg duchies. I have half of de jure Pomerania and no option to make the title. Though I've found that making the Mecklemburg duchy envelopes all of Pomerania. Very odd. As poland, in order to have any hope of forming the de jure kingdom of poland, you basically have to wait for somebody to attack pomerania then blitzkrieg them with mercs. You're in a race with HRE and denmark, but with the enemy's allies right on your doorstep. :p

My only hope of getting Stettin from HRE is to claim the Mecklemburg duchy and then one day assassinate the ruler of stettin when he has no heirs.