• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actual time for release on GG? Can someone please actually verify?

Hi there,

Can someone - either a paradox rep/mod - please actualy verify when the game will be released on GG?

I've heard tell that GG usually releases games 10am GMT, which a-okay with me, but http://www.crusaderkings.com/ says it will be released in 20 hours, which means 1pm GMT.

Can someone bloody well just say what the actual release time is?!

Sam,

Hi there,

Can someone - either a paradox rep/mod - please actualy verify when the game will be released on GG?

I've heard tell that GG usually releases games 10am GMT, which a-okay with me, but http://www.crusaderkings.com/ says it will be released in 20 hours, which means 1pm GMT.

Can someone bloody well just say what the actual release time is?!

Sam,

since delays or technical difficulties can always occur i don't think you will get something official. you know what usually is the case and the information is as good as it gets. you could try contacting gamersgate but they wont tell you anything else then "we plan or we intend".

Release time at Gamers Gate?

Hi, I preordered the game weeks ago. And if I remember correctly it's official release is 14th february. Does anyone know when you will be able to download from GG? A minute past midnight or later?

Oh no! But thanks

Gamersgate has the notion of releaseing the games Swedish Time 07:00 CET which is GMT+1 atleast all the games ive pre-ordered has always been out at 7-8ish time

Gamersgate has the notion of releaseing the games Swedish Time 07:00 CET which is GMT+1 atleast all the games ive pre-ordered has always been out at 7-8ish time

See this

No store should have it available at midnight, I think the earliest one is gamersgate with 09.00.

lol... the OP was asking for a timeframe of when it will be released on the 14th, not where to buy it, so while the Paradox Sales rep was trying to be helpful, I would ignore what he posted..

In terms of your question of when it will be released in terms of timezones, as people already mentioned, there's no exact timeframe given offiically, but the odds of it being relased on Gamersgate first before Steam is very likely.

There could be a chance that it would be release, say if you're in the states perhaps by 1AM-2AM EST (I've seen it happened before for previous games on GG), since by that time it's morning in Sweden, and they usually go by their own timezones for the release window.

Or it will most likely be 6-7AM EST instead if they don't.. Whatever the case, it will be on the 14th for sure, just hopefully earlier in the morning than later :).

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ be glad we no longer live in a time where every city and village had its own time. thank the conductor next time your are on a train.

So if it's GMT+1 midnight the 14th and I'm in a -5GMT zone then I'll get it on the 13th? since I think according to that chart I'm 5 hours behind GMT0 So GMT+1 would be like 1am London Time? so I would be able to download it at 8pm tonight Monday the 13th?

CK2 will be release 6h before official time for the pre-order GG? They says it's a "pre-load"...

Steam are based at Valve HQ, in Washington state (i.e. the west coast of the United States). They usually countdown their games to 10am PST, but frequently release them around midnight instead (which would roughly coincide with Gamersgate).
If that's true then I'm not going to sleep well tonight.

I'll probably end up sleeping in tomorrow, getting to work around noon. My boss will yell at me for half an hour before he fires me.

AND IT WILL ALL BE STEAM'S FAULT!