• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zezeb

Colonel
102 Badges
Jan 4, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
I think I can mod the demo to make me start earlier in the game, but I don't know how.
And if you can confirme that it's possible, how should I do it and where is the file for it? I can't find it!

I think I can mod the demo to make me start earlier in the game, but I don't know how.
And if you can confirme that it's possible, how should I do it and where is the file for it? I can't find it!
You need to edit all character birth/death dates, the scenario start date, and everything else that has a date, back by 100 or whatever many years you want to play.

Someone surely did that already but I wouldn't know how.

AFAIK you still can't save the game though so playing 100 years means you need to do a marathon session.

why would you bother? the full version is out in 2 days. just play something else. personally i'm thinking of loading up assassins creed revelations for no other reason than to get the mood to play the byzantine empire in CK2.

You need to edit all character birth/death dates, the scenario start date, and everything else that has a date, back by 100 or whatever many years you want to play.

Someone surely did that already but I wouldn't know how.

AFAIK you still can't save the game though so playing 100 years means you need to do a marathon session.

hehe, I moded the starting date to the year 566 so I got 500 years of play :D (it is kinda fun to see all the independant counts battle it out to try and become the first king of europe(atm there are a few dukes, most powerfull duke owns 3-4 provinces. I do own 2 counties and no duke titles but I am at war with a county right now to be able to create the duke title)

I started the game about 24 houres and I havent quit the game yett, my pc is on standby when im sleeping and when I am working so I just played about 6-7 houres sins I started the game :p

hehe, I moded the starting date to the year 566 so I got 500 years of play :D (it is kinda fun to see all the independant counts battle it out to try and become the first king of europe(atm there are a few dukes, most powerfull duke owns 3-4 provinces. I do own 2 counties and no duke titles but I am at war with a county right now to be able to create the duke title)

FYI, if you use the technique posted above you get the extra gameplay with the full 1066 map, none of the back in time character weirdness.

FYI, if you use the technique posted above you get the extra gameplay with the full 1066 map, none of the back in time character weirdness.

Yes I am aware, but I like to mod myself and the regular game will come on tusday so this is just for fun, I dont whant to ruin the game experience before the game has even ben relesed :)

Well I will still buy the game when it comes out, it's just that I can't wait till it comes out :)

I'm taking a wild guess: Paradox deleted the thread so you actualy have to buy the game insted just altering the demo. It's bad for business.

Lol yeah when the link started appearing all over the web and "free game free game" started to ding in everybodys head I'm pretty sure too that's why they took it down. I got mine though. ;) It acually makes me want the game even more though with fixed things and probably a lot more content.

zezeb has gained the traits cruel, greedy, wroth, paranoid.
zezeb is now playing the demo!