• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't have nearly enough orders to do the update this weekend, so deadline is Friday. Everyone may send in whatever they need to.

I'm doing one right now.

I don't have nearly enough orders to do the update this weekend, so deadline is Friday. Everyone may send in whatever they need to.

I'd suggest just setting the deadline on today, and whoever did not send in his orders in time wont get an update this turn. Teach those slackers to hurry up! :p

Really, a game like this should never stall because of a lack of orders. It does not take all that long to write orders, it takes a shitload of time to write a turn.

I have 15/26 countries. Although that is over half, we have a 75% limit here. If I can get 75% of the orders in (20 orders) then I will write the update.

OOC: I agree with Von_Rundstedt. Unless the people object, I do not think we should stall.

EDOT: Oh I see.

Are you serious?

OOC: Yes, completely. Its not always true, but it shows a lot.

During the Napoleonic wars for example, Prussian skirmishers were a lot worse than their French counterparts as a general rule, due to the differences in culture, society and general thinking at the time. The Prussians weren't used to acting on their own intiative.

The same goes for morale. Russian soldiers for example, could be relied upon to stand and fight in pretty much any circumstance, due to strict discipline and cultural issues.

If you bring someone up to respect authority, then they are more likely to obey it. If someone is heavily influenced by the ideas of independent thought and initiative, then they will be more inclined to use that.

Its not from the genetics of the nationality (With a few exceptions, such as the Gurhkas), but from the values of that nation.

Fry, give me 5 mins and Ill send some.

OOC: Yes, completely. Its not always true, but it shows a lot.

All books I read on the subject disagree with you.

It's not a cultural thing, it comes down to the organisation of the army. Take American vs. German soldiers in WW2. There is no doubt that the individual German soldier performed better than the American soldier, but that's not because the German culture is (or was) more... war-like? The reasons are manifold, but pretty much all are connected to the organisation of the army, and none to the culture of a nation.

Last edited:
His Majesty's Government sets a deadline of 24 hours in which the Persian Government must pay £100,000 (£100 in game money) of compensation to us, and allow us control of the factories previously owned by British citizens. Failure to comply with this deadline shall result in a state of war existing between us.​

OOC: I disagree, but this isn't the place for the discussion, as we could likely both go on for pages and pages about it.

OOC: Fry which countries do you have orders from?

GermanImperialFlag.gif

We grow weary of British actions. We suggest they act more cautiously, lest they be construed as warmongers.

Is this another attempt by the Imperialistic British nation to subjugate another proud nation of people I see?

If someone had stolen your property, then handed it back damaged beyond repair, then stole it again, would you not take action?​

OOC: Its the 19th century, and they are savages. You really think you should be criticising Imperialism at this time?