• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
Devs and Betas who look here rather than on Terranova, please have a look over there since a very rough 0.60.2 is out, with a lot of changes and many opportunites to help and hunt bugs.

Well, don´t get too excited. It is a loadable alpha with tons of new brigades and destroyer flottillas instead of single ships that crashes Sept. 7, 36. This is a couple of months worth of single effort by Dec15200, now we have reached the stage where it can be distributed to get more people to work on it.

Remember that 0.50 reached version 36 before release!

Yes,

Use all user-defined brigades
Use synthetic fuel plants etc.

Well, not so long, I hope.

The goals are ambitious, but also clear-cut. We will remove single DDs and single SSs, modify the tech tree, betatest it all and release it.

This is a lot of work, but also very focussed.

T.

I like them, too. The main killer argument was watching the naval Ai being unable to handle those singls ships.

I'm very glad you skipped the single destroyers and subs becaused it seemed to slow down the game to a unplayable crawl on my old computer. Now i hopefully can try your mod again! /Mattias

I'm just too much of a naval history geek... I liked knowing the exact names of what destroyers I sank; and which destroyers of mine were the most heroic. :p

No plans on switching patching policys to have open alphas as well? Sure most of people would just take it and never be heard again but giving the small yet dedicated following, I'm sure some feedback would help out. Dont have any hope but it would be nice so just thought I ask.

Well, we shifted our development policy to open betas for 0.50, no way we can go for open alphas.

The public will certainly see a Beta version before official release.

CORE 0.50 Release - typos in core_Republican_Spain.txt

While making some minor changes to the E3 files I also cross-checked how the beginning of the SCW is handled in CORE I've stumbled across these two oversights. It seems to be worthwhile to fix them during the alpha testing of your new version if you haven't spotted them before.

event 690011:

command = { type = add_corps which = "Milicias CNT/FAI" value = land when = 0 where = 356 } # Tarragona
command = { type = activate_division which = 12060 value = 1050 where = 359 when = 0 }

359 is Toulouse...

event 690010:

command = { type = research_sabotaged }

This event doesn't have enough of these lines to entirely erase all research process of SPR. ;)

Thanks for pointing this out!

I added another three lines of research_sabotaged.... How many do you think are needed?

T.

Last edited:
I added another three lines of research_sabotaged.... How many do you think are needed?

3 should have worked in my case iirc, but to be absolutely sure another 3 might be better. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
CORE 0.50 Release

two examples from core_Nationalist_Spain.txt:

command = { type = add_corps which = "1a División Orgánica" value = land when = 0 where = 339 } # Valladolid
command = { type = activate_division which = 12067 value = 1001 where = 339 when = 0 }
command = { type = add_corps which = "Legión Cóndor" value = air when = 470 where = 334 }
command = { type = add_division which = "Bombarderos Legión Cóndor" value = tactical_bomber when = 2 }

Heavy fighting in Spain starts immediately once the SCW has been initiated. Units which are activated by event will have to survive for at least 7 days without having a leader if the 'when = 1234' argument of their add_corps command hasn't been used. Almost none of your newly added nationalist corps gets a leader assigned. You should reconsider using it for all activated units of SPA if you think it's necessary to shift the balance a little bit in favour of the nationalists.

Interesting that you point this out today, I just stumbled across a similar issue with the Japanese garrisons in Indochina today.

I am unsure what happens if you assign a leader that is already assigned to another division. He is probably just moved over ...