+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about steam download

Question about steam download

While I am not averse to steam per se, I am frequently away from the internet, and I find Steam's "offline" mode works a little too inconsistently for it to be reliable. So my question is, were I to download CKII utilizing steam, as opposed to Gamersgate, would I be able to remove it from my SteamApps folder and play it completely separate of the Steam client? Will the version downloadable via Steam be reliant upon the Steam client to run?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I know that you could play EU3 without steam running, i have no idea if that will be the case with CK2.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

The word on the street is that yes, you should be able to remove it completely from steam, and still run it. (your "aversion" towards steam is the same as my own )
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

Well, if true that will turn out to be good. A follow up question is will all the DLC produced for this game be available on both Gamersgate and Steam?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty 2Rome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars

I believe I remember Johan saying that both Gamersgate and Steam would sell DLC but I can't find a post.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by lwarmonger View Post
    Well, if true that will turn out to be good. A follow up question is will all the DLC produced for this game be available on both Gamersgate and Steam?
    Yes.

+ Reply to Thread