• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jdenm8

Recruit
3 Badges
Dec 24, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • 500k Club
I read the patchnotes and double-checked my copy of the game, I'm running Cities In Motion 1.0.22 according to the Credits and I've had a Vagabond Satellite get stuck on the inside of a 45° Four-Lane Road corner.

I've had this happen multiple times and it seems to coincide with the tram having to stop for some reason just before the curve, whether it be a pedestrian becoming a car, a tram stop or a backlog of traffic waiting to get through the next intersection.

Image showing an example clog (Tram had to stop at Tram Stop before curve):
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jdenm8/screenshot/596957419777944323

Image showing backlog of vehicles:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jdenm8/screenshot/596957419777964234

I run the game without mods and I only bought the game on Steam on the 20th.

Are you playing a saved game from before the patch?
Does the problem remains if you start a new game?

As I said in my original post, I play without mods and I bought the game from Steam on the 20th, a day after the 1.0.22 patch was released and the game was delivered pre-patched. As for the Savefile, it's only three days old.

Thanks for reporting this. Gebbiz (our tech guy) is on a holiday this week, but I'll have him check this when he comes back. Is anyone else still experiencing the same issue after patch 1.0.22?

I purchased CiM Complete from Steam on 24th December, it's patched to v1.0.22, and I have seen frequent instances of Vagabonds jamming on curves in the Berlin scenario (the wiggly bit between the Brandenburg gate and the river is a particularly popular location). I clear the jams by toggling the lines off and on. I've stopped using the Vagabonds, so can't say if the problem is specific to the Berlin map or more widespread.

Running on Win Vista SP2, no mods installed.

I came to report the exact same thing. 45 degree curves or S-curves make this tram get stuck.

Edit: Just to make this sure: My game is an up-to-date Steam version, no mods, no other maps, nothing. It happens reproducibly on the Munich map, then tried a different map with the same result.

Last edited:
Also still getting this after 1.0.22. In this screenshot, the Vagabond stops on the curve to wait for the junction to clear. It then doesn't move again (been sitting there for 5 game days with other traffic flowing past). Also happens when it stops on a curve due to stationary traffic ahead, or before an occupied tram stop.

Also still getting this after 1.0.22. In this screenshot, the Vagabond stops on the curve to wait for the junction to clear. It then doesn't move again (been sitting there for 5 game days with other traffic flowing past). Also happens when it stops on a curve due to stationary traffic ahead, or before an occupied tram stop.

How did you get your lines to show up in different colors on minimap? I have the Line Statistics Panel, but the lines only show up in green on minimap.

How did you get your lines to show up in different colors on minimap? I have the Line Statistics Panel, but the lines only show up in green on minimap.

This is the default game option. Bus=blue, Tram=red, Metro=green, Helicopter=purple, Boat=yellow. Nothing special about it.

No, after removing the first stuck tram another one a few vehicles behind would get stuck and repeat. It ended with such a backlog of trams that I went "To hell with this" and suspended the entire network so the game would space them out. It took nearly a year for the queues to go down!