• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
heh, in hoi 500 divisions (5mil) is a wartime army typpicall to ussr and usually players knock out germany in a year or less
so yea, unless you will purge your commandders and force the new ones to get encircled along with the newest euquipment i do not think war will last more than a year and a half

Your all forgetting something. Firstly, that Russia wont just be fighting Germany, it will likely be in a war against Japan as well. Secondly, that Germany will have a lot of allies in the West, and that Russia has to defend Yugoslavia to the best of its ability. Thirdly, that if the UK goes to war with Russia, it opens up a huge southern front.

i was estimating defeat of germany, defeat of the lesser evils will be a piece of cake

defending russian allies will be easy task, russia has greater border connection than germany, especially yugoslavia

Last edited:
The border with Britain is huge. Turkey will want revenge. Even with 500 divisions, Falconette still has to cover a LOT of provinces. Its not going to be the cake walk you describe.

I just caught up! great AAR! Orthodox brethren unite

@chepaeff: That's what I'm going to do. And I promise you'll see Svechin in action ;)
@Deus Eversor, @DoomBunny: You're forgetting one more thing - to build these 500 divisions I would have to totally screw my industry and forget about any upgrading or reinforcements. I wouldn't be able to duplicate my current army in two years, so it will be a lot of challenge! :)
@foriavik: Well, let's see, maybe Turkey would join the Axis :) (I saw a few times in DH how the German intelligence organized a coup in Turkey and welcomed it to Axis, it was great and unusual)
@ve3609: Thanks :)

Next update will be posted tomorrow

Turkish entry into the Axis would actually make a lot of sense given what Russia has taken away from them during the Great War and its aftermath. It would be very surprising if they DID NOT join the Axis given their territorial losses to the Russians. Same with Romania, which is probably chomping at the bit to get Bessarabia under its control.

romania fears hungary and bulgaria more than their natural and traditional ally

@falco, srsly? i thought you said you wont be able to update th army :D anyway, updated army will work just fine, but it wont be any possibility in practice for you to leave them at other fronts, unless yo uwill produce some outdated infantry (porduce them now and disabel their update queue, 10-15 caucasus, 5-10 midle east, 20-30 central asia(including india) and 30 in far east, 65-85 outdated infantry, i think you still have time and ease to do them, then you can concentrate on the >200div antigerman wunderwaffe)

Last edited:
Romania is probably on Russias side. They have a bitter and resentful Hungary and Bulgaria to worry about, and Russia is their traditional friend.

Oh right, hehe, forgot for a second that the USSR doesn't exist, and therefore there probably would not be that impetus to join the axis since there was not that whole Soviet demand for Bessarabia this time around. Although I guess that somewhat depends if fascists come to power there in the aftermath of the Vienna Award? Afraid I am somewhat fuzzy on what happened to that country in the interwar/WW2 period. :p

The Darkest hour of the Russian Empire 2

smalltitle.jpg
Chapter Three: 1936-1939
Part XV: The era of peace is finished

At the end of March Abyssinia was fully annexed. The Italians won the war, but the Ethiopians decided to continue fighting as partisans. Massive rebellions began very soon, and the Italians had to keep their new colony under military control.

Ethiopia is defeated

12519.large.jpg

Italian propaganda poster​

While the Italians were fighting against the Abyssinian partisans (who were funded and supplied by the Russians), Imperial Navy planned great maritime maneuvers in the Indian ocean. Southern squadron, based in Persia, left the base and moved to Vladivostok to meet the Pacific fleet. All the ships, including heavy cruisers and the battleship Imperator Nikolay II, started their journey under command of admiral Gernet.

Southern squadron maneuvers, phase 1

ship.jpg

Imperator Nikolay II

The second phase, the fleet reaches India​

Maneuvers were successful, new Russian ships showed its strength and good technical characteristics, while the crew was skillful and capable. It showed, that the southern maritime border of the Empire was defended well.

The third phase, Gernet goes to Vladivostok​

In June new elections occurred in France. The people of the republic decided to elect left social-democratic bloc and Albert Lebrun.

Elections in France​

In China Imperial Japanese army was stopped - Chiang Kai-shek's troops managed even to perform a good counter-attack, when the city of Changde was recaptured. The Japanese didn't expect such a resistance and decided to transfer more forces to the Chinese territories. That war was more and more interesting...

The Japanese army falls back

w2_jap12.jpg

Japanese soldiers​

In Europe the strange and scary affairs continued with growing speed - in July Germany together with the UK signed the treaty of Munich, and after that Sudetenland (an area in Czechoslovakia what was inhabited by the ethnic Germans) was reclaimed. The Czechoslovakian government didn't have any another path to choose, because after the death of Nicholas II diplomatic relationships were worsened and Czechoslovakia with her "independent and sovereign state" policy couldn't receive any help from the Eastern giant.

The treaty

09f8b474e492.jpg

Faces of Munich

tmp220-30.jpg

Mussolini signing the treaty​

After these treaties the menace of war became obvious for everybody in Europe, Africa, Asia and America. Egyptians decided to break the treaties with the British Empire - the British reaction was simple - most of Egyptian territory (except Cairo) was reclaimed under the British control. The storm was close...

Egypt decides to cancel the pact

1489-1.jpg

Faruq I in "Time"​

On 11 of November Kemal Ataturk passed away - the Turkish republic, a country created by him, was in mourning. Ismet Inonu became the new president of the young state. Turkey had a long way to go, and without Ataturk it became more difficult to complete the task.

New Turkish leader​

While the Germans were celebrating one more diplomatic conquest, the Russian military industry continued preparing for the war. For example, in Arkhangelsk (Russian Arctic) the Navy founded a special squadron of heavy submarines to control the northern trade routes.

We'll defend our Arctic!​

Together with heavy submarines Russian factories were producing new tanks to make the army stronger and more mobile. A lot of tank brigades were ordered to build.

Russia is gearing up for war​

Military defeats in China led to a right-wing coup d'etat in Japan - a group of generals and admirals took the key posts in the government, while a lot of ministers had to resign. The Japanese emperor had to agree with all changes. Japan was becoming more and more aggressive.

Generals are in charge now

Senjuro_Hayashi_suit.jpg

New Japanese prime minister, Senjuro Hayashi​

1939 was close, as well as new parliamentary elections. Who would win them? Octobrists? Liberals? Nationalists? The situation wasn't clear at all...

To be continued
Waiting for your comments
Next update: January, 15