• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hessler

Captain
2 Badges
Jun 24, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
hoi2trp.gif

TRP 1.00 for "Darkest Hour 1.02"

What does TRP mean ?

TRP stands for Total Realism Project and describes the maxim of one of the oldest, biggest and most known modifications of the Hearts of Iron series. It's development started at times of Hearts of Iron 1 and continued with Hearts of Iron2 and it's expansions Doomsday und Armageddon. New versions were published, new team members came and old ones left, but the idea itself stayed alive: TRP aimes to to give the player a more historic experience and deliver challenging campaigns to him than Paradox ever did. This concerns Single-Player AND Multiplayer modus.

What does TRP offer to you ?

TRP contains a complex event structure, it's own AI, which does not depend on cheats and gifts of tons of units, a completly reworked techtree, new countries of historic relevance, elite units, an optimised combat engine and lot's of adjusted parameters to play World War 2 authentic and enjoyable.
You never were stopped cold due to the lack of oil, when your german armies conquer Russia or worried about a never ending stream of Red Armists ? You never got desperate when you played Japan against an USA AI ? You never got problems against the german AI playing France ? Try out TRP !

What does TRP NOT offer ?

We are no wizards ( it is on the roadmap for version 9.0 ;-) ) An experienced player CAN always beat the AI. The TRP AI is no exception from that. Apart from that we are of the opinion, that the AI is not perfect now and there will always be room for improvements. But ... which modification or Vanilla version does have the perfect AI ?

What's new in this version of TRP and why is it called "1.00" ?

As already mentioned TRP is a modification with a long history. But it is not at it's end. With the change from the Armageddon engine to the Darkest Hour engine a new team formed around some long-time TRP members which brought new ideas into the game. So, as one of the few big modifications of the "Hearts of Iron" series, we did not only convert it to the new and exiting Darkest Hour map ( which took several months and lot's of work was done concerning nation setup, Ai files and events ), but a slight change of techtree and unit values. Literally hundreds of graphics were added, all brigade values were reworked and a lot ( by far not all ) of the new functions of the Darkest Hour engine were implemented. Some of the minor examples are the variable screening ratio, changeable length of production runs and new slider effects. The list is long ...
The version number of 1.00 does NOT indicate the TRP is ready and nothing will we done anymore. It just indicates, a new era with a new engine ( Darkest Hour ) has begun ...

What do i need to play TRP ?

TRP forces you to use the Darkest Hour 1.02 final patch. Please download the linked installer click me, (372 MB) and execute it. During the installation the installation folder and some options are needed to be choosen. The size of the installation is: 920 MB
Older versions of TRP for Doomsday and Armageddon canbe found on http://www.totalrealismproject.com.

What is planned for the future of the TRP ?

Currently we focuse on a general rework of the combat system, the OOB's of all nations ( inluding the pre-war Navies ) and some of the new general parameters the Darkest Hour engine offers. On top we will optimize the doctrine and tech tree setup, the AI and the interface.
We are always open for suggestions, criticism, discussions and new members for the developing or Beta Team.

Whom do we want to thank ?
The TRP team is very thankful and appreciates the most valuable work which founds the base of this TPR version:
Lothos, for the most excellent Ai a Heart of Iron version ever saw and the idea to found the Total Realism Project !
MartinBG and his Darkest Hour team for the fantastic engine they provided !
Out Beta Team and Multiplayer group for all their valuable input !

Have fun !

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Sweet, i just started a new game on 1.02 today also lol. O well guess i will just abanadon that one.

Hessler: You may want to make it a bit more exact as to where to install the mod. It took me 3 attempts until I finally got it.

1st attempt: install to my Mod folder, already containing other mods... got ARMA.
2nd attempt: install to my DH folder/your installer added a Mod folder... got Arma
3rd attempt: install to my DH folder... delete the first mod folder that contains the other mod folder, until I have one 1 TRP mod folder, in my Mod folder..

Others may be confused, that's all.

MAP: I was very surprised to see you've HOI2'd the DH map, with more HOI2-vanilla like colours... wasn't expecting that, as I hated the original HOI2 map, and it stopped me playing HOI2 for 6 or 7 years... But whatever ...

CONGRATS on the Mod, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done and hopefully learning from it... AS WELL as playing it of course. Cheers.:p:p

Ahh. Went to bed last night looking for this, great news to wake up to, and, I got four days off. Great work guys DL now.

Edit. BTW. the TRP site says you need DH version 1.01 to play. This is a typo right, should be 1.02 as above.

Last edited:
No decisions? No mobilization? :(

Because I was an avid TRP player I followed the development of 1.00 closely. I believe that because TRP already has an complex, event driven manpower system the TRP team (who already had a HUGE amount of work to do) decided to leave decision and mobilization out for the initial release. Depending on balance/time etc I think we will definitely see decisions added, and, may see mobilization added at a latter date. (I stand to be corrected here TRP team)

Status
Not open for further replies.