• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Re-posted from the Kerberos forum:

Friday Night Update - Getting things back on track

Postby castewarkp » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:16 am

Hello all! First, thanks for all your patience. Even the people who are miffed, you've been both understandably pissed off AND relatively civil, relatively. And boy, we understand how you feel.

We're uploading the launch build now. Steam is being super awesome about getting it set up, then live. We are hurrying, but we don't want to rush it - rushing got us here and rushing will keep us here, so again, we appreciate the patience.

I'll follow up when everything is live.

If I had to upload 2GB it would take me about 1-2 hours. Download speeds are great for me as a 2GB download is only 10-15 minutes but uploads are horrendous in Canada.

Any news on the missing Steam keys for the game, Susana? :) (Thanks for working over time, by the way!)

I've been playing with the beta version and getting a kick out of it, except for the fact that clicking on pastoral planets makes my PC crash and reboot. Hope that bug got fixed in the final version.

Damn still uploading i know Canadian internet is the worst of all first world countries but i didn't think it was this bad

I can't believe how long it's taking to upload (what 5GB?) even with my cruddy business cable, it wouldn't take me 8 hours to upload 5GB of data. I wonder if their server runs on the same data cable connection or if they have it professionally hosted, it would explain the downtime today on their site if it's hosted locally where it takes them 7+ hours to upload 5GB.

I know many ISP's limit uploads severely compared to downloading, but 7+ hours?

Oh well, I wait, and wait some more, and eventually I'll be able to play, and it won't be a total cock up like Stronghold 3 release is.

Damn still uploading i know Canadian internet is the worst of all first world countries but i didn't think it was this bad

Hopefully they aren't on Rogers. Hands down the worst ISP on the entire planet. They like to throttle all their customers traffic just for the hell of it and Canadian internet regulations are so atrocious that there is nothing anyone can do about it.

So whats the status? This upload and test is taking longer than I expected. I'm really looking forward to this.

The "Upload almost complete, short test, then live. Big thanks for being patient. You'll understand our caution we hope." tweet was 2 hours ago. I'm starting to suspect that the wrong version got sent to Steam again.

CRC file checks would verify that the files transferred fine.

Or at least it seems like something else must have gone wrong. They've been saying 'it's uploading, shouldn't be long, maybe an hour' for over 10 hours now. As frustrating as it is for us, I can't help but feel bad for them, they are obviously having an awful awful day.