• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love election time, so much festivities in Glorious Santiago!

Like last election, I would request all generals to return to the capitol in a symbol of good will. I will hope all comply with this request.

(I forgot if the war with Argentina ended, checking...)

No, there is still a war on. For god sakes, don't recall the army.

((What's that, you say? Head home? Okay! Bye, Argentina! Don't cry for me! I will be back!))

Election time will roll while all our armies are at war? Geeze, good thing we have a capitol stack.

And I rescind my call to recall the army ;-).

With Brazil marching towards Buenos Aires, and my troops being reinforced by Colombia, this war will be over by the election! (possibly)

((With the armies at war there is no way any military coup could take place. They are busy fighting the Argentines. All the troops in the capital is the most vulnerable time for a military coup.))

Friends of Chile, we have had prosperous years under Badajoz and I believe work is never done: we can still push this nation forward with the implementation of what is tried and true, a Liberal government! I will not step forward for office, but I would like to make clear my support for any candidate running on the principles of a free market and a free people. I see Santa Rosa's candidacy with good eyes, and would be interested in how Zepeda positions himself for this election.

- Pablo Germán Subercaseaux, journalist, Aurora de Chile (Valparaiso branch)

There are few endeavours greater than the education of the future generations of our nation, therefore I will vote YES in the Chilean Education Act.

Last edited:
Liberales Candidates: (Party of Power)
Antonio de Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93))

Conservadores Candidates: (In Coalition)
Eduardo Emilio Romano ((Pallen))

Nacionales Candidates: (In Opposition)
José de Vallenare ((komisha))
Colonel Manuel Carerra (King50000)
Eberado de Cary ((Ivir Baggins))

Monarquicos Candidates: (In Opposition)
Witold Tamiuszski ((tamius23))

Separation of Economics and Government Act:
Yes: 5
No: 13
Abstain: 0

Chilean Education Act:
Yes: 7
No: 0
Abstain: 3

(Interesting note, revolts are going on in Chile over public education. Funny how these things work.)

They are clearly revolting out of anger over Badajoz leaving office ;-)

Character

Well, I decided to create a character being quite interested in South American politics in this era.

Name: Matias Vega Marino, Colonel in the Chilean Army
Born: February 12, 1810
Party: Partido Liberale
Background: The child of a second generation Italian immigrant and a poor Chilean woman from the small town of Talca , Matias has worked his way up from the gutter. While he holds the official rank of colonel he has had little combat experience but did excellently in his training. Politicly he is heavily in favor of the military (Jingoistic), he believes in the free market (Free Trade), though with some government intervention (Interventionism or in extreme cases state capitalism), he cares little for religion though does not despise it (Secular), is in favor of immigration (Full Citizenship).

Welcome to the party Vega Marino! (see what I did there?)

We as Liberales will lead Chile to glorious sublime future, and it is an honour to have you join our mission.

I might retract my welcome for you not voting on my bill ;-).

(And right now, im just waiting on the world to change, singing those old crossroad blues.)

Enough is enough!

imgres

People of Chile, we will not let partisan allegiances to divide us in this time of war. A change of strategy would decimate our troops and make us lose the war. A change of policy would accomplish the same. This is why an election is unacceptable.

I, in my condition of Ministry of the Interior, declare the elections and public meeting illegal. And suspend elections until we say so.

I will await response of my fellow ministers, but I already have a positive response from a lot of them. This change of pace is needed for Chile.. our glorious president Badajoz had his time already, and we stand no chance to win an election against the nationales, and we would endanger Chile with internal struggles. I did the best I could to have a wartime coalition but it was not enough. We will prevail.

History will vindacte me, when Chile recovers it's lost land and it's safe enough for us to continue our democratic traditions. But this will not be a sad time for Chile.. no... literacy will increase, private industry will thrive, our army will be upgraded!

261921915081e11be6ceccef19d83d36_1M.png

(this is a coup)

Enough is enough!

For all those of you who didn't catch on, that means that General Zepeda has declared a coup to install himself as President! ((The first of many? Perhaps.))

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
Voting on bills presently on the table is suspended.

I need all the generals and ministers to tell me which side they're backing as soon as possible, Support the Government/Support the Coup.

(You want the information pmed to you, THunderHawk?)