• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You continue Senor SAez to make the same tiresome point. A coup against the President is a coup against the Governmen as the President is the head of the Government. You cannot choose which parts of the Government you dont like and replace it by force. Its the same as sayiong, I dont like the leader of the congress so I will get rid of him, its not a coup against the government just one man. That kind of argument from you in nonsense and if you believe that then I was completly right not to put you in a position of power.

When that happens, the military will take action. But that did not happen with this past "coup". It was simply a man arresting the President with valid claims but failing when the Ministers sided against him. There was never any reason for the military to be involved.

So now General Roseno you say that the claims to arrest me were valid. I dont know what is worse, your abstaining despite prominig you would put down any coup, or your believing in the coup but failing to have the courage to stand up for your beliefs. I think you have shown your true charchter here sir.

Presidente Andonie

I humbly accept my appointment to command the Support Army and hope I can serve the Republic to the best of my ability.

At the risk of appearing ungrateful and overstepping my bounds as an officer, I must state that I do not believe that it was prudent to relieve Senor Roseno of his post. It was my opinion that the La Moneda affair was a political - in some ways a personal - crisis and the last resort of an isolated madman. It was at any rate an act so desperate and ill-advised that it collapsed of its own accord; the cabinet swung decisively behind the President and the perpetrators were swiftly detained by the capital guard. It is my opinion that the army should have remained aloof in this instance, as this was more a political crisis with violent impulses than a threat to the constitutional order of the Republic. It was the responsibility of the government and of the police, who executed their duties perfectly. Military intervention was not only necessary but risked discrediting the government.

Naturally, in the future event of a genuine effort to overthrow the elected government or otherwise subvert the constitutional order of the Republic, the army would immediately step in to protect the government from subversion. I expect my fellow officers share similar sentiments. The army must safeguard the Republic from all threats. But it would dishonour both the army and the Republic if the former was seen to be a paid actor in political disputes, instead of an independent institution upholding the defence and sovereignty of the Chilean Republic.

- General Charles Maximilien, Prince de Conti

I am glad General that you have accepted your post and look forward to a long career. I would remind you though that the General was only reassingned to another Army. He resigned of his own accord. Also to all those people who continue to think I acted alone, I would remind you that you also elected the Chief of Staff and I could not make any changes without his approval. So therefore it was not a political decision.

Presidente ANdonie

I believe, Honorable presidente, the concerns are only the words of the vocal minority. While a couple will rage against you for what they see as impropriety, the majority recognize how your actions were in the right.

I believe, Honorable presidente, the concerns are only the words of the vocal minority. While a couple will rage against you for what they see as impropriety, the majority recognize how your actions were in the right.

There is a very vocal majority who have been taking their anger towards the president through the press. (i.e. look in the last update at the press converance.)

Andonie, this was not a true coup. A coup has some form of a military force, where as this past... thing did not. The military was never needed, and would have made no difference unless one of us sided with him. If one had done that, then we would have forced to intervene, and I would have come to your support.

Then why not join in support of the elected government like the generals who decided to? If you intended to stop any removal of the president, why would it matter if you officially abstained, or pledged your support?

"In the question of General Roseno, I have to support Andonie. Wether Severino had military personel or not, then he personally declared a coup, and as a general of the Republic it is Roseno's responsibility to support the elected government which Andonie's administration is. In my eyes there is little difference between abstaining on a coup or supporting it, because neither helps the democraticly elected government. Abstaining has only shown the general to be a liability and despite what he or others believe then being a liability is not what a country needs. Especially not when this liability is suppsoed to protect Chile from outside and indside enemies. I am suprised to see Andonie as mercifull as to grant Roseno a mere demotion, because had this been under my administration - failure to aid the government by abstaining would be punished by eviction from office.

I do not care wether Severino had military backing him up, I do not care if he was insane, I do not care if he felt cheated - all I care about is to see to a democraticly elected government to stay government until next election terms. Severino failed to provide any letters or any proof to support his accusations. I find this childishness gross and completetly out of taste. This idiotic discussion has taken too much time of Andonie's administration, and while Chileans died in Argentina over an even more idiotic war, then some people have the audacity to keep an arguement going just to satisfy themselves. I and Santa de Rosa have been trying to constructivly pass bills, which get constantly ignored because of this bickering. And I can tell you in my almost 50 years in administration, I have never witnessed such a bad exuse for a coup, and even worse exouse for a political discussion.

I have been through so many coups, so many tyrants and through with so many useless and utter incompetent generals and politicians that it could danger a mans very sanity. I am starting to lose faith in this Republic and the military. Perhaps it was indeed premature to wrestle our way out of Spanish rule, for atleast under the spanish we did not have to worry about the stability of the nation, nor over uncontrolleable generals who seem to command their army as if it was all a game. Yes you heard me right, perhaps Spanish rule was better, and yes I just might move to Spain to spend the last remaining years I have of my life, because I have clearly been wasting it here.

- Romano

But the people of our glorious Chile have prospered, and the nation of individuals is the greatest in all the world. Do not let the universal incompetence of politics sour your taste for Illustrious Free Chile.

For we are Chile para los Chilenos, a country of individuals who want freedom!

Minister Romano. You are right that too much time has been taken up in discussion of these events and it is time to move on. Yourself and Señor Santa Risa have proposed bills. This is the purpose of government and more debate should be given to these and any other pieces of legislation. I personally do not support the bills in their current form but welcome the discussion on how the governance of this country can be improved.

On a personal note, do not lose heart señor. Chile has never been more prosperous and despite the best attempts of some we have had nearly twenty years of flourishing democracy. I am certain even better times are ahead of us.

On this day, June 25 1883, Sebastian Roseno, hero of the Republic and respected General has passed away in his sleep.

This man, who defied his father, former Emperor of Chile Cesar I Roseno, to restore the Republic lived a full life within the Army of Chile, serving in several positions and even teaching in the Santiago Military Academy for several years. Against the wishes of President Andonie, Sebastian Roseno has been buried with full military honors, with several thousand men who had formerly served under his command attending the funeral and service. He will be missed, as the shining beacon of honor within the Military that now seems to be fading with the politicizing of the military by both current and former administrations.

((It is rediculous that Sebastian is being critized for doing the right thing.))

On this day, June 25 1883, Sebastian Roseno, hero of the Republic and respected General has passed away in his sleep.

This man, who defied his father, former Emperor of Chile Cesar I Roseno, to restore the Republic lived a full life within the Army of Chile, serving in several positions and even teaching in the Santiago Military Academy for several years. Against the wishes of President Andonie, Sebastian Roseno has been buried with full military honors, with several thousand men who had formerly served under his command attending the funeral and service. He will be missed, as the shining beacon of honor within the Military that now seems to be fading with the politicizing of the military by both current and former administrations.

((It is rediculous that Sebastian is being critized for doing the right thing.))

((but I liked his character and he woukd have got a proper funeral from Andonie :) ))

((Romano is 77 :) ))

((So, how old was S. Roseno when he passed away?))

(Technically third as well, though I am not sure my second character was ever officially arrested or executed following a coup...)

(If you were going to kill off your character King, why not go out with a bang and use your military to stage a coup to prevent losing the Army of the North?)

Santa Rosa's Article in Aurora de Chile, 26 June 1883

Yesterday, a dear friend of mine, and a Champion of the Republic, passed from this world. For over two decades, Sebastian Roseno served as one of the most senior commanders in the Chilean Army, from overthrowing his tyrannical father, advocating army reform, to his honourable resignation over the issue of the Broken Promises Coup and Andonie's administration. Throughout his life, the venerable General served as the vanguard of new military tactics, was beloved amongst his men, and tirelessly fought against the politicization of the armed forces.

His sixty-seven years on this earth were dedicated to preserving liberty, fighting tyranny, and promoting a strong, prosperous Chile. During my administration, I offered him a presidential pardon for his services against the Empire, a pardon he nobly rejected.

Had he been able to serve as Chief of Staff, he would have championed a reformed, improved, and impartial military; sadly, he never had the opportunity (and Chile never had the privilege).

Aurora de Chile has yet to find out about the funerary plans of the Roseno family, or the involvement of his estranged brother, 'Prince' Jorge Roseno.

General Roseno will be sorely missed, especially in these dark days.

The King is dead, long live the King!

(See what I did there? ;-))