• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((I have to agree with the above poster. We already have enough liberals and conservatives. The FNT could use some new members. :D))

((THunderhawk. Zagaroth has not been on for some time. If he does not come on in th enext day or so can i replace with an active member?? Dont want to but might as well have more active people in the main roles?))

I guess so. I assume that you cleared your new appointments with the Chief of Staff.

What about your cabinet posts? Are those unchanged?

As a reminder to all members of the first Andonie administration - whoever all is left, anyway - you still have probably about six hours to declare coups/resign in protest, and members of the incoming Andonie administration have the same period to announce policies and have them implemented in game. I'll update in about six hours.

((This early morning message brought to you by an extremely loud, 4 AM party nearby that woke me up.))

I guess so. I assume that you cleared your new appointments with the Chief of Staff.

As a reminder to all members of the first Andonie administration - whoever all is left, anyway - you still have probably about six hours to declare coups/resign in protest, and members of the incoming Andonie administration have the same period to announce policies and have them implemented in game. I'll update in about six hours.

((This early morning message brought to you by an extremely loud, 4 AM party nearby that woke me up.))

((cabinet unchanged, just military changes. Presidents policies as in speech. Can I veto the war? And yep cleared military with cos.))

I am appalled by the actions of President Andonie and his puppet Colonel Schmidt. Relieving me of my command because I did not take a side in this childish affair is not treason or going against my oath. What was I to do when I am hundreds of miles away from Santiago? It is an outrage to believe that the army should be ready for every beck and call the President needs, instead of being the independent arm it was created to be. I was following my duty to Chile and defending the Constitution by condemning both sides and not joining either. I had believed Andonie and possibly Schmidt to be honorable men, but relieving me of my command on the grounds of not choosing their side shows otherwise. I hereby resign my position within the Chilean Army. May God watch over these men now going into battle and watch over the Republic being ruled by such dishonorable men as President Andonie and Colonel Schmidt.

-Sebastian Roseno

I am appalled by the actions of President Andonie and his puppet Colonel Schmidt. Relieving me of my command because I did not take a side in this childish affair is not treason or going against my oath. What was I to do when I am hundreds of miles away from Santiago? It is an outrage to believe that the army should be ready for every beck and call the President needs, instead of being the independent arm it was created to be. I was following my duty to Chile and defending the Constitution by condemning both sides and not joining either. I had believed Andonie and possibly Schmidt to be honorable men, but relieving me of my command on the grounds of not choosing their side shows otherwise. I hereby resign my position within the Chilean Army. May God watch over these men now going into battle and watch over the Republic being ruled by such dishonorable men as President Andonie and Colonel Schmidt.

-Sebastian Roseno

((Is it just me or does Sebastian Roseno sound a lot like a Liberal Santandera? It is a bit...uh, yeah.))

(...I had to do work all week so I avoided this forum. I got a pm telling me there was a Coup, what has happened since I left?)

-Sebastian Roseno

General, I would urge you to reconsider your resignation. It is not as if this was unexpected. I wrote to you informing you that as a General it was your role to protect the democratically elected government. Something you replied back to me agreeing with. I also informed you in advance of announcing the cabinet and you told me any coup would be put down, you obviously did not mean by you. Regardless of your own personal views of the coup, it was an attempt to arrest the legal government. At the time not all generals or cabinet ministers had declared but nevertheless you decided to abstain. What point protecting the borders if the army allows the government to be attacjed from within.

As i stated you have had a distinguished carrer which is why you remain a General. I ask you again to reconsider your position.

Presidente Andonie

So the Coup was put down? (And am I being replaced then rudders? I should have informed you I was not going to be here last week, but I am back now and would appreciate not loosing my position)

I Support the Government

So the Coup was put down? (And am I being replaced then rudders? I should have informed you I was not going to be here last week, but I am back now and would appreciate not loosing my position)

I Support the Government

((bit late with the support, but its all good :) happy to keep you in the Cabinet. will send you a PM as well))

Okay, so on the assumption that Roseno isn't going to declare a coup (and he had the most reason to do so), I'm going to go ahead and start playing out this update.

And yes, zagoroth, the coup is over already.

Andonie ((rudders10)), you could have vetoed the Argentina Question resolution at the time, at this point it is too late and I think that the resolution passed with a 2/3 majority anyway. Since the President of Chile, like the US President, has a 2/3 veto your veto would not have meant much. You can order the armed forces to not invade Argentina despite being at war... but that might raise some eyebrows.

Of course, Andonie's corruption and autocracy shows in his relieving Roseno of his army, for why else would he demand that the army be at his every beck and call, even when the attempted arrest had the support of so few that all that was required were the men guarding La Moneda? Roseno's support was not necessary, nor would it have made a difference had he decided to support Andonie, and yet the president decides that if the army is not loyal to him, it is not loyal to the Republic, a concept I find to be troublesome when we are supposed to be living in a democratic environment in which the military protects the people, the constitution, and the Republic, not the president.

Of course, Andonie's corruption and autocracy shows in his relieving Roseno of his army, for why else would he demand that the army be at his every beck and call, even when the attempted arrest had the support of so few that all that was required were the men guarding La Moneda? Roseno's support was not necessary, nor would it have made a difference had he decided to support Andonie, and yet the president decides that if the army is not loyal to him, it is not loyal to the Republic, a concept I find to be troublesome when we are supposed to be living in a democratic environment in which the military protects the people, the constitution, and the Republic, not the president.

Senor Saez, I do not believe it is autocratic to expect any General to delcare his support for the Government when there are attempts to overthrow it. Especially when afrorementioned General had promised to do such. It is not neccassary for him to march to SAntiago but an expression of support of the Government would be standard.

Presidente Andonie

((Thuderhawk, just sent you a PM))

There was no attempt to overthrow the government, unless the president is suddenly the government? Severino stated several times that his only intention was to arrest you, nothing else would change, not the cabinet, not the army, not our legislature, nothing. The only difference would be that you were removed from office.

If it is not autocratic to suddenly believe you are the government, a philosophy shared by King Louis XIV of France, then I do not know what is.

Furthermore, is freedom of speech suddenly non-existent in our Republic? If a man in government does not support the president, all of a sudden he is not fit to serve as a minister or a commanding officer and is to be removed from their post? You claimed all throughout this crisis that you acted in the name of democracy and that the Nacionales were the conspirators against the Chilean people, and yet here you are, trampling on freedom of speech and claiming that you are the government and that the army and the ministers should be loyal to you, rather than the people of Chile or the Republic as a whole.

Last edited:
There was no attempt to overthrow the government, unless the president is suddenly the government? Severino stated several times that his only intention was to arrest you, nothing else would change, not the cabinet, not the army, not our legislature, nothing. The only difference would be that you were removed from office.

If it is not autocratic to suddenly believe you are the government, a philosophy shared by King Louis XIV of France, then I do not know what is.

Furthermore, is freedom of speech suddenly non-existent in our Republic? If a man in government does not support the president, all of a sudden he is not fit to serve as a minister or a commanding officer and is to be removed from their post? You claimed all throughout this crisis that you acted in the name of democracy and that the Nacionales were the conspirators against the Chilean people, and yet here you are, trampling on freedom of speech and claiming that you are the government.

So by your logic it is ok to replace the President if you disagree with him. It is not a coup then if you only arrest the head of the government. Where does this stop, who decides, is it now ok to remove the president and the cabinet ministers you dont like. Whewther it is the President, the cabinet or the Judiciary you cannot decide to act outside the law or the ballot box. Therefore one would reasonable expect the senior military men to be in support of the GOVERNMENT, not me individually but who the President represents which is the head of governemnt. Maybe Senor you should consult some law books and brush up.

Regardless, General Roseno was only reprimanded. He reamained a General and in an importnat position. It is he who has chosen to resign and that is his choice. As I stated he reamined a valued General.

Presidente Andonie