• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vote Sedracus' game idea.

I'm sick and tired of being a traitless villager.

Okay, someone has to be the alternative. This theme has been taking shape in my mind for a few days already.

The Vatican

Basic idea: All of you are cardinals in the Vatican... or are you?
Even here, Atheïsm is spreading rampantly. The Orthodox Church is making bold moves trying to take over the Roman Catholics, and the end of times is approaching, what are these murmurs of the Anti-Christ?

Mechanics: I'd like to borrow Reis' Cultist roles, with one change: Villagers scanned by the seer and/or priest cannot be subverted. Apprentice is not a trait, but a role, and thus, cannot be subverted (only villagers can be subverted)

I promise you Traits! Lots of them! Every player shall have at least One trait. Some will have Multiple.

I also promise you consistent updates, GM-provided Votecounts on most days, and swift Scan Results!
2nd post will also be updated whenever appropriate.

Subversion would work far better with a Satanic theme, I'd believe. Still, I think that Paradox WW'ers might need a more normal game to cool their heads after this one. Meanwhile, I will ask everyone to give feedback on the positive and negative aspects of my implementation.

A satanic theme would be funny: Something a lá Darken..

Subversion would work far better with a Satanic theme, I'd believe. Still, I think that Paradox WW'ers might need a more normal game to cool their heads after this one. Meanwhile, I will ask everyone to give feedback on the positive and negative aspects of my implementation.

You had too many baddies, reis. That cultist faction cannot count as an actual wolf pack due to the fact that they can't hunt wolves. Half the village being evil is bad enough to begin with - it requires the village to play a damn near perfect game already, or for the wolves to really aggressively hunt each other, and with that cultist faction thrown in as a "third pack" it gets even worse.

A satanic theme would be funny: Something a lá Darken..

You had too many baddies, reis. That cultist faction cannot count as an actual wolf pack due to the fact that they can't hunt wolves. Half the village being evil is bad enough to begin with - it requires the village to play a damn near perfect game already, or for the wolves to really aggressively hunt each other, and with that cultist faction thrown in as a "third pack" it gets even worse.

In the WW General Planning thread, please.

Vote Sedracus

Showing some sportmanship ....
And really we need to get some voting going on.

I will appreciate if the vote is decided Sunday October 9th, so that if I win I have some time to prepare for my game ...

Not that I expect that (Sedracus is better in marketing), but still ...

Hmm... Choice between a Religious game or a Naval game.

Well, I'm fresh outa missionaries, so Naval it is - VOTE AVN's Spanish Armada.

Vote AVN

Can I leader-pick AVN?

Vote AVN

Sedracus, before you start running a big game I really advise you to start off with a bit of a more classic setup. Once you know how much work it takes to do an update with a zillion-and-a-half traits in the game you may reconsider parts of that game idea ;-)

vote AVN

I think he would do well to see a WW game from the GM perspective. ;) Also if he use something similar to my rules it will be interesting for me to see it from the player point of view.

@Sedracus: You just said something that made me think of a new twist I can use next time I host. Thanks! Can't tell you why or it will not be a surprise for the players. Also what randakar said, if it's your first time as a big WW GM start with something less complicated, pick a game that worked, steal the rules and change 1-2 things or maybe even none. I think your RPing idea would be really great, for some reason lots of players like to play religious figures even if J.Passepartout who did it best isn't around anymore.

Vote AVN because I'd join an Armada game for the lulz.

Because NOBODY expects the Spanish AR... I mean INQUISITION!

I'll be okay with Sedracus doing the Cardinals game after AVN.

VOTE COUNT

AVN 8: euro, rand, adamus, reis, rendap, johho, ciryandor, najs

SEDRACUS 4: Tamius, esemesas, AVN, boris

Assuming this ratio holds I will close the voting early-mid this week. More votes of course would be good since though a good 2-1 ratio only 12 votes in.

Vote AVN

Like the Spanish armada theme. But then again, lots of traits is always fun.

Vote Sedracus

It sounds like fun. Although I would suggest that only a priest's scan would be able to stop subversions since he is the only goodie that can scan for cultists.